Quantcast
Arsenal (H) 30/10 League Cup 20:30 - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Arsenal (H) 30/10 League Cup 20:30

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Nothing against Kelleher but that is a really odd decision unless Adrian is injured.

Might just be keeping faith with him seeing as he played at MK Dons? Obviously Alisson wasnt fit so they didnt want to risk Adrian then though. Could imagine Adrian being a tas disappointed if he doesnt play.

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Nothing against Kelleher but that is a really odd decision unless Adrian is injured.

It's not odd if you don't want two pointless semi final games crammed into what will already be a hectic period. 

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Play the same team as we did against Mk Dons

Controversial opinion, I know, but a team that's strong enough to beat MK Dons might not be strong enough to beat Arsenal. 

Suffice to say that I hope bringing Chirivella off the bench isn't an issue this time.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Might just be keeping faith with him seeing as he played at MK Dons? Obviously Alisson wasnt fit so they didnt want to risk Adrian then though. Could imagine Adrian being a tas disappointed if he doesnt play.

True enough ds, but surely the whole idea of a second string goalie is to have them as sharp as possible , and they don't get many chances for real games.

11 minutes ago, Grinch said:

It's not odd if you don't want two pointless semi final games crammed into what will already be a hectic period. 

Let's play the under-9's eh ?

I accept it is probably the least important of the competitions we are still involved with , but the day Liverpool FC starts to basically throw games would be a black day for me.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I accept it is probably the least important of the competitions we are still involved with , but the day Liverpool FC starts to basically throw games would be a black day for me.

Racist.

• Upvote 1

The League Cup stinks. It shouldn't even exist anymore, frankly. Even if it's Arsenal, I'm 100% ok with giving just about anybody in the squad playing time that doesn't normally get any.

Plus, as for Adrian, he'll probably get the FA Cup games and I wouldn't be surprised if he got the Club World Cup ones as well. The League Cup was probably earmarked as Kelleher's tournament from the start.

• Upvote 2

I like the League Cup in that it's a great opportunity to see some of the kids play as they're generally not going to get opportunities in other competitions. The bonus for them is another opportunity if we get to the next round.

This is a tricky one for Emery - does he play a second string team too or does he risk worsening their crisis by playing a more experienced team and them not performing?

44 minutes ago, sir roger said:

You've not been paying much attention lately then cause that's been happening for quite some time. 

48 minutes ago, Closer To God said:

That's such a depressing picture it's unreal. I hate him. 

Emery has already said he isn't playing unfortunately mate. 

Maybe with Alisson only just coming back they want to make sure Adrian stays fit until they’re ok with him not breaking down - hence Kheller in goal.

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

It’s a wonderful life!

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Emery has already said he isn't playing unfortunately mate. 

Emery has done quite a job there - last captain forces his way out and craps on the club afterwards, current captain craps on the club and is sat out.

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

Grinch has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't have the spuds to challenge for trophies.  Fortunately our players and manager are not such shithouses.

Speaks very well there and interesting  that he’s already doing press conferences for the League Cup games. 

The Boot Room Mk II. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Grinch has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't have the spuds to challenge for trophies.  Fortunately our players and manager are not such shithouses.

Absolutely laughable to claim Klopp gives two fucks about this. 

You'd swear some of you live under rocks.