You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 30/10 League Cup 20:30

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
28 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I'm happy with that if we were to go out I'd rather it was Villa then anyone else (we'll take the points Saturday they can have the cup tie)

In an ideal world Utd get City in the semi's and kick lumps out of each other then if Everton did get to the final their new favourite side give them a humiliating dry bumming in front of the nation (well whoever has got Sky)

I'm guessing Villa will be happy as well. They have a home draw and know about our fixture congestion, they will also play a decent team as they are one game away from a lucrative Semi final affair (for them) with no other distractions, they will also be reckoning with us playing all the youngsters again. After both manc clubs they will see that as the next easiest option, with all due respect to our youngsters they ain't that good apart from 1 or 2 of them. 

Happy to get Villa. They will be another good test for our young lads. 

That Elliot is going to be some player. Terrific talent. He could make an impact towards the end of the season, he is that good.

The right loan moves need to be identified for the rest of the young lads. Kelleher looks outstanding with his feet, but i would like him to be put in to the championship or league one, where he will have to bulk up and command his area. As decent as Adrian was for us, even he didn't have that ability and he is a seasoned premier league goalkeeper.

The rest of them i'd send to the continent. They will not get anything from playing alehouse football.

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

I also had to tune into BBC Radio 2 and listen to Zoe Ball and fucking Jane McDonald for a few minutes. I need to have a shower. 

They don't have that effect on me but whatever rocks your boat.

Did you mean to post this is the Worst Possible Threesome thread ?

• Upvote 1

Get the quarter final delayed until January and go and win the World Club Cup (I've said it before I really want that fucking trophy - far bigger than the League Cup), and then play the kids against Villa. We go through, brilliant, we go out, more experience that will benefit those players and us in the long run.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
52 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Fixing league Cup draws when none of the teams give two fucks about it. 

And people laugh at other clubs fans being deluded, all football clubs have them. 

Have you ever considered that we are not on about the clubs but the FA/League who would rather see lucrative Semi-final/ final games due to audience TV money? 

I don't think they're rigged as such, but their back catalogue of teams they've played in the EFL Cup in this streak they're on is laughable, doubly so when you consider the ridiculous pricetag of even their second string. Outside of the final, they've played only four matches against top flight teams (and one of those was relegated that season):

West Brom, Wolves, Leicester (x2), Bristol City, Oxford (x2), Burton, Preston and Southampton.

You'd make them favourites if they had to play every game against PL first XIs but this is absolute seniors vs U11 shit.

Guest Pistonbroke
12 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

So in the hat are......

Leicester

Colchester

Everton

Man City

Oxford

Liverpool

Villa

Mancs

Odds on Man City getting Oxford and Mancs getting Colchester?

I should have looked up the odds. 

6 minutes ago, Caramac said:

@Anubis

LDovLVB.gif

Remember that CL tie when Adebayor scored after Walcott sprinted past half a dozen of ours? He did some shit dance thing in front of their fans. What did we do? Went up the other end to take the lead again, before confirming it in stoppage time.

• Upvote 1

It was mildly shocking how much they needed to win. I said it recently how my best-case scenario with Klopp was to be competing regularly with Arsenal, which was probably their worst-case scenario. Obviously the gap has been much wider than I hoped, but the enormity of it didn't hit me until last night. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, deiseach said:

It was mildly shocking how much they needed to win. I said it recently how my best-case scenario with Klopp was to be competing regularly with Arsenal, which was probably their worst-case scenario. Obviously the gap has been much wider than I hoped, but the enormity of it didn't hit me until last night. 

It seems to have worked to some extent. Arsenal fans seem happy that the side "gave it their all" or something, at least on Arsenal Fan TV. 

I don't know if they realise quite how young and inexperienced our side was, that it included a 16 year old, a 17 year old and a guy, in Neco Williams I can't remember seeing playing before + our backup backup goalkeeper. 

I'm happy that they are happy though.  

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I get the impression that Arsenal fans aren't that happy at all, I wouldn't judge their fan base by what those on Arse TV say, they always speak to the same fam blud. When you look at social media on a whole it's a totally different story. Personally I can't see UE lasting much longer as their manager. Their next run of games leading up to the busy period will be telling.

Home to Wolves

Away to Leicester

Home to Southampton

Away to Norwich

Home to Brighton

Away to West Ham

Apart from the Leicester game their fans will expect to win all the others, fail to do that and Emery could easily get Dicked off. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Have you ever considered that we are not on about the clubs but the FA/League who would rather see lucrative Semi-final/ final games due to audience TV money? 

You'd have to take that one up with the family hates us and gives city easy draws brigade

Guess who brings more tv audience? 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Grinch said:

You'd have to take that one up with the family hates us and gives city easy draws brigade

Guess who brings more tv audience? 

Whoever makes the semi finals. 

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

A blud on Arsenal Mania was saying there was a picture circulating on Arse social media of Raul and Shitcoat sat together at Anfield. I think the tv cameras would have zoomed in on it if true.

I reckon he's dying to get his hands on the Arsenal job. The way he managers he'll get them defending better, especially after a window when he can spend money on a few decent defenders. They seem sorted up front and with the shit in the PL this season he'd easily get them a top 4 finish imo. They'd have to act soon though, and he'll be circling like a Vulture.