You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 30/10 League Cup 20:30

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Looks like they'll have to move our quarter final to week semi finals due w/c 6th jan...there is literally no other date it could be played.

1 semi will have to be delayed.

obviously, there’s a gap there but isn’t that supposed to be our mid season break along with half the Premier League? The other half having a break a week later? 

5 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

obviously, there’s a gap there but isn’t that supposed to be our mid season break along with half the Premier League? The other half having a break a week later? 

Dunno about that, but i do know 1st leg of semis are scheduled that week - so to me makes sense...push 1 semi back and play it then.

I'd like us to play both, leave Pep and the boys to fight at home, while Klopp takes the big boys on a foreign skirmish overseas. 

If we need to abandon the LC then I hope we draw Colchester or Oxford, let them have a free pass to the semis. Or even if we draw man city, it'll be quite insulting to them if we have to forfeit the game because we're competing to the the best team in the world. Let them compete for their tin pot. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Butch said:

Screenshot_20191030-233526_Reddit.jpg

I can imagine them kids watching our champions league run last season, especially the Barcelona game, and imagining what it must be like to be part of that. 

Well this was a nice little taste for them, and it's going to inspire them to work their bollocks off to become a part if what is being built here. 

• Upvote 1

I'm usually running away from the TV screen when I'm watching us and it's tight. Proper gets me heart thumping. As it's the LC, and we were fielding youngsters, there weren't quite the stress levels I normally suffer. So I watched an intriguing game we had to labour for, largely as a result of our own silly mistakes. I screamed my tits off when AOC's goal went in, as I did for Div's second. 

Come the pens, I could actually watch. Totally made up for Kelleher I think particular. Nine goals scored against him, only one of which did I think he could perhaps have done better. And he saved that pen. How did that feel eh? Good on you. 

Divock's a big drop-off from the front three and all that - but he scores important goals, quite habitually, even when he doesn't really look like he's in the game.

He looks stuttering and hesitant and cumbersome at times, but he then pulls an instinctive, predatory, even sublime touch from nowhere - and scores.

I'm beginning to accept that he's very important to us... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Yeah, this draw is fraught was danger - United, Everton, City... I couldn't really be arsed with that as the first two will almost certainly put out their strongest teams and City's second string is better than ours. So, we'll probably need to play a strong side if we draw any of those. Oxford or Colchester please..

Draw United at OT - and forfeit to play in the World Club Cup!