You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 30/10 League Cup 20:30

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Nothing against Kelleher but that is a really odd decision unless Adrian is injured.

Might just be keeping faith with him seeing as he played at MK Dons? Obviously Alisson wasnt fit so they didnt want to risk Adrian then though. Could imagine Adrian being a tas disappointed if he doesnt play.

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Play the same team as we did against Mk Dons

Controversial opinion, I know, but a team that's strong enough to beat MK Dons might not be strong enough to beat Arsenal. 

Suffice to say that I hope bringing Chirivella off the bench isn't an issue this time.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Might just be keeping faith with him seeing as he played at MK Dons? Obviously Alisson wasnt fit so they didnt want to risk Adrian then though. Could imagine Adrian being a tas disappointed if he doesnt play.

True enough ds, but surely the whole idea of a second string goalie is to have them as sharp as possible , and they don't get many chances for real games.

11 minutes ago, Grinch said:

It's not odd if you don't want two pointless semi final games crammed into what will already be a hectic period. 

Let's play the under-9's eh ?

I accept it is probably the least important of the competitions we are still involved with , but the day Liverpool FC starts to basically throw games would be a black day for me.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I accept it is probably the least important of the competitions we are still involved with , but the day Liverpool FC starts to basically throw games would be a black day for me.

Racist.

• Upvote 1

The League Cup stinks. It shouldn't even exist anymore, frankly. Even if it's Arsenal, I'm 100% ok with giving just about anybody in the squad playing time that doesn't normally get any.

Plus, as for Adrian, he'll probably get the FA Cup games and I wouldn't be surprised if he got the Club World Cup ones as well. The League Cup was probably earmarked as Kelleher's tournament from the start.

• Upvote 2

I like the League Cup in that it's a great opportunity to see some of the kids play as they're generally not going to get opportunities in other competitions. The bonus for them is another opportunity if we get to the next round.

This is a tricky one for Emery - does he play a second string team too or does he risk worsening their crisis by playing a more experienced team and them not performing?

44 minutes ago, sir roger said:

You've not been paying much attention lately then cause that's been happening for quite some time. 

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

Grinch has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't have the spuds to challenge for trophies.  Fortunately our players and manager are not such shithouses.

14 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Grinch has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't have the spuds to challenge for trophies.  Fortunately our players and manager are not such shithouses.

Absolutely laughable to claim Klopp gives two fucks about this. 

You'd swear some of you live under rocks.