You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 30/10 League Cup 20:30

Bjornebye

The lowest priority left this season, including Qatar.

Blood the kids and give minutes to those senior players who aren’t getting enough/any elsewhere.

Except Shaq, who you just know has got injured at the worst possible time again in terms of this tie. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Would playing van Den Berg be irresponsible? I always wonder about how managers deal with younger players and when they decide to give them a shot. Him and Elliott at least, I'd like to see. I don't think we really care if we win this or not. 

He is still miles off in my opinion mate, but it’s Jurgen’s that counts.

27 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Would playing van Den Berg be irresponsible? I always wonder about how managers deal with younger players and when they decide to give them a shot. Him and Elliott at least, I'd like to see. I don't think we really care if we win this or not. 

Could play Milner RB and Larouchi LB if fit.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

‘Irresponsible’ wouldn’t be the right word, but on current form playing Williams or Thomas Hill at RB and Gomez in the centre would be easier to justify. Also van den Berg missed the reserve game on Saturday with that virus that’s doing the rounds.

EDIT: He was at the game yesterday though, so it can’t be bad shithouse dog AIDS or anything.

• Upvote 1

Accuracy. Ruthlessness. Style. Effervescence. Brains. Instinct. Spacial awareness. Creativity. Unity. Intensity. Tactical nous. Strength.

I don't ask for much.

Despite probably starting with a mixture of fringe first-teamers and youth, we have to treat this game the way we would a league or CL game. No half-baked attitudes or complacency. We've got players who will benefit from some game time, and this is the way for them to get it.

Oh, and 20:30 kick off Stig?

I think we'll run into problems here as Arsenals secondary team have had a lot of experience playing together in the Europa League, which is a pity as I don't want Liverpool to give them a chink of light psychologically at Anfield as they have been woeful since the 5-1 in 2014.

Team will probably be the following?:

Alisson - I reckon the thinking will be to give the lad more game time

Milner

Gomez

Lovren

Hoever

Gini- Though I think Klopp will be very tempted to play Lallana in the 6 like he did in pre-season, however that would make our midfield really light

Keita

Chamberlain

Elliot

Origi

Brewster

If we get through this a home tie against Crawley or Colchester would be ideal.

11 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

The lowest priority left this season, including Qatar.

Blood the kids and give minutes to those senior players who aren’t getting enough/any elsewhere.

Except Shaq, who you just know has got injured at the worst possible time again in terms of this tie. 

Back to diplomacy. Watched the match yesterday stood next to an Arsenal fan (from nottingham the weirdo) and he was giving us all the praise in the world. "Best side in the world, the front 3 are the best he has seen since Henry, Pires, Bergkamp" etc. He had Arsenal on flash scores and Palace made it 2 all. He turned to me and told me they had scored  "Yeah thats because you lot are shit mate" 

Ive actually got a funny story about yesterday and match plans but i'll wait till I get home in a bit. 

1 hour ago, Moctezuma said:

I think we'll run into problems here as Arsenals secondary team have had a lot of experience playing together in the Europa League, which is a pity as I don't want Liverpool to give them a chink of light psychologically at Anfield as they have been woeful since the 5-1 in 2014.

Team will probably be the following?:

Alisson - I reckon the thinking will be to give the lad more game time

Milner

Gomez

Lovren

Hoever

Gini- Though I think Klopp will be very tempted to play Lallana in the 6 like he did in pre-season, however that would make our midfield really light

Keita

Chamberlain

Elliot

Origi

Brewster

If we get through this a home tie against Crawley or Colchester would be ideal.

That would be OK although I doubt Gini will be risked and I would wager now Adrian gets a run out. He's earned it to be fair