You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brewster: Firmino is in the elite category of strikers 

TLW

Roberto Firmino is widely viewed as one of the most underrated Footballers in Europe, but to those who know him best he is clearly in the elite category.

Take for example the words of an emerging talent like Rhian Brewster.

The young striker is in the perfect position to comment about the workaholic Brazilian as he sees him from close quarters on a daily basis.

Liverpool Echo reported Brewster as saying:

“ Easily top three. As a striker, he is up there as one of the best. He is an amazing player and so underrated in the football industry.

“Only lately is he being regarded as one of the best at what he does. 

“He's not a typical nine, he's his own nine, he made it himself.

“He comes in, goes high, he is all over the place to be honest. 

“That's what I think helps the team a lot."

firmino4_600.jpg

Brewster was also delighted for his teammates that were nominated list for the Ballon D’Or, and like many, feels it is time a defender got the nod.

"Why not have a centre-half winning the Ballon d'Or? 

People will say Virgil has changed Liverpool with what he's done in helping us keep a lot of clean sheets, everybody has confidence with our back four and the keeper. I hope he does win it."

"Mane is one of the best wingers in the world. I'm not surprised Messi voted for him. 100% one of the best."

“Mo's goals last season won us a lot of games.

“The one that stands out for me was the one against Napoli to take us through in the Champions League. We count on him a lot to score us goals and winning goals.

As for his own status, the 19 year-old has understandably had to bide his time behind a cavalcade of attacking talents.

His first senior appearance for the Reds came in the third round of the Carabao Cup against MK Dons and he is likely to be involved again when Arsenal come to Anfield on Wednesday evening for the fourth round clash.

Brewster is taking everything in his stride learning along the way, but he also has some personal goals that he would love to meet.

"I can't complain. It has been a great start to the season from the boys, it is going really well.

“You have to set yourself targets.

"And my target this year is making my debut in the Prem and having a few appearances for Liverpool Football Club."

View full article

4 hours ago, TLW said:

Roberto Firmino is widely viewed as one of the most underrated Footballers in Europe, but to those who know him best he is clearly in the elite category.

Liverpool Echo reported Brewster as saying:

he's not a typical nine, he's his own nine, he made it himself.

“He comes in, goes high, he is all over the place to be honest. 

View full article

That's exactly what the police and his judge said when they sentenced him, the pissed up cunt.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Good to see Bobby getting a pat on the head from one of the senior lads in the dressing room.

P180414-054-Liverpool_Bournemouth-324x23

Salah: Just back from the 100 most influential people in the world awards in New York City 

Mane: Nice. I was getting some honours from the President of Senegal for my ongoing charity work and activism in the wider African community.

Firmino: Aye boys, wait till you hear this...

• Upvote 1

My birds Dad has got a Spanish missus. Went for dinner with them yesterday and her daughters fella is a Real Madrid fan. He said apart from VVD he would have Mane or Firmino. I don't think he is as underrated as people think by football fans. There isn't a player like him in world football. 

I also told him not a single player from their squad would get in our starting 11. He laughed.

Then got very confused when he realised that I wasn't laughing or messing in the slightest. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

My birds Dad has got a Spanish missus. Went for dinner with them yesterday and her daughters fella is a Real Madrid fan. He said apart from VVD he would have Mane or Firmino. I don't think he is as underrated as people think by football fans. There isn't a player like him in world football. 

I also told him not a single player from their squad would get in our starting 11. He laughed.

Then got very confused when he realised that I wasn't laughing or messing in the slightest. 

I’ve seen those diplomacy skills in action.

In town after Barcelona, came across a couple of their lads over for the game completely shell-shocked and all but crying into their pints.

We’re having a chat with them and you kept putting your finger up to show number 1 at the big one when he was talking and telling him “That was you once, WE’RE number one in Europe now”.

When they left, you said to me “They lapped you up but didn’t seem to like me at all”.

One of numerous good memories of that night.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I’ve seen those diplomacy skills in action.

In town after Barcelona, came across a couple of their lads over for the game completely shell-shocked and all but crying into their pints.

We’re having a chat with them and you kept putting your finger up to show number 1 at the big one when he was talking and telling him “That was you once, WE’RE number one in Europe now”.

When they left, you said to me “They lapped you up but didn’t seem to like me at all”.

One of numerous good memories of that night.

I have no recollection of that at all mate. I do remember us hijacking a few northern Irish lads taxi just up from the ground. The rest is just a haze. 

We met her Dads mate before the Atletico game outside the ground last night. He is from Harrogate originally but has lived here for 20 odd years. Lovely fella. Leeds fan but now has a season ticket for Atletico. Stood there having a few cans and he turns to me and says "I hope your lot win the league this season though mate" and patted my back. I looked him straight in the eye and told him I'd fucking hate Leeds to get promoted. 

Bastard got me back though. No alcohol at all in the stadium so I am chinning the beers as quick as I can before we go in and he hands me a chicken and bacon pastie. I wasn't into eating at all but thought I'd be polite. He took great delight in watching me trying to scran this dry pastie as quick as possible so I could get back to my beer. The prick.