You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Oct 19-25 2019)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Oct 19:

Solskjaer says he would resign if he thought it was in the best interests of United. Bollocks. Loads of people say stuff like this, but virtually none of them have ever done or ever would.

Solskjaer loves United but unless he genuinely believes he's one of the top dozen coaches in the world then he's lying. Does he really think United can't do better than him? Actually he might be right, given the state they're in currently who'd want to go there? Well, anyone wanting to line their pockets, obviously, but if you were, say, Pochettino, why would you take that job? When Solskjaer eventually gets his P45 they should give Giggseh a call, keep it in house. Maybe Keane or Scholes? 

Reports today have us rivalling Chelsea for the signature of Bournemouth midfielder Lewis Cook. There might be something in this as it's like the James Maddison thing, we've been linked with him regularly over the last few years. Not sure we need another midfielder like, unless he's replacing Milner (and Lallana). He's highly rated but I don't want him, the only Bournemouth player I want to see at Anfield next season is Harry Wilson.

Meanwhile, David Luiz says Arsenal can challenge for the title THIS season. Silly boy. Watch them lose at Sheffield United now. 

giphy.gif

There were wins for the 18s and the 23s today. Couple of goals for Brewster and another great showing by Curtis Jones.

Sunday Oct 20:

Man United 1 L 1 Shite. Absolute fucking shite. I’m happy that we managed to salvage a point and that’s credit to the players and their never say die mentality, but what the fuck was wrong them in that first half? The second wasn’t really much better either, but the first half we just looked like a different team. Actually, we looked like this team always looks at Old Trafford.

I genuinely don’t get it. Old Trafford is not a place to be fearful of. United are shit. Loads of teams go there and win now. Because United are shit. They were even shit today. All the talk beforehand about how the might raise they game. They didn’t. They were shit. They approached the game like Sheffield United did, only they didn’t play as well as the Blades.

Shelf Utd created twice as many chances but they didn’t take any. Tactically it was virtually the same approach though. We should be able to deal with that. People can analyse it all they want and stroke their chins while talking about how Solskjaer’s masterplan nullified our full backs and stifled the front three. It’s all bollocks. We stifled ourselves.

We didn’t move the ball quickly enough and we played in the wrong areas. It’s that simple. We come up against teams who dod this all the time and we usually have no problem with it. As soon as we go to Old Trafford though we forget how to play football.

And it’s some of our best and most experienced players who are the biggest culprits. Bobby is always shite here. Salah too, although he was obviously not there today. Hendo did fuck all, Gini disappeared and Mané wasn’t anywhere near his level either.

The good news is the fixture is out of the way and we won’t have to go there in the middle of a title run in like last year. The bad news is we have to wait another year to put the record straight. Unless we get them in one of the cups, which I hope we do actually. The sooner we can put this hoodoo to bed the better. Because did I mention that United are fucking shit?

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

There are tons of opposition players that I dislike but Evra is one of only two players that I actively hate. 

He took that shit beyond football and it's a stain on Liverpool and Suarez that will always be there. 

When Carragher apologized I felt myself getting mad not because I think he was wrong I agree the t t-shirt thing was a mess but I'd rather have him apologize any player of color or fan who was offended but not to that cunt. 

Evra is horrible human being in a just world he should have been ostracised but this is not a just world 

• Upvote 1

On 26/10/2019 at 18:06, tlw content said:

History is written by the victors and United won that big time.

Evra/Fergie won that battle a long time ago when we decided to bow our heads and accept defeat without fight. If you want to fight a cunt you can’t be a pussy. Nothing we can do about that now.

• Upvote 1

I remember the FA sneaked the report on the Suarez/Evra affair at 6pm on a New Year's Eve, I read the whole thing there and then and was fuming like a Blueshite every weekend.  One of the biggest stitch ups of a player I've ever seen.  Dave's take on this has been spot on since then.  It's hard to remember how much a big of a deal it was, you had cunts like Cameron and George Galloway sticking the knife in so we had masses of bad publicity so you can (kinda) see why the club didn't take it further.

It was bollocks then and it's bollocks now.

• Upvote 4

• dave u unpinned this topic