You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (H) Premier League 27/10/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

Lovren really wasn’t that bad yesterday. It’s like we expect absolute perfection in every game. sometimes a top class forward will win a duel or two, it’s really not a big deal

As for the Son chance, do we really expect Dejan Lovren to be winning a foot race against this guy? Some fans are too critical 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, moof said:

Lovren really wasn’t that bad yesterday. It’s like we expect absolute perfection in every game. sometimes a top class forward will win a duel or two, it’s really not a big deal

As for the Son chance, do we really expect Dejan Lovren to be winning a foot race against this guy? Some fans are too critical 

He wasn’t at all. It was very strange behaviour from some.

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

I don't think Gazzaniga had an amazing game, i mean he obviously wasn't doing a Mignolet out there but all the saves he made are ones you'd expect the keeper to be making at this level. Our finishing wasn't as sharp as it could have been.

For a backup goalie he had a superb game but do agree that our shooting helped him at times as a lot of the shots were too close to him and didn't make him work. He's better than Lloris though!

Apart from maybe first 20 minutes against MK Dons, Lovren has been pretty solid so far, Gomez wouldn't be watching from the bench if it wasn't so.

He was more than OK yesterday too, beaten once for an important header by Kane, misplaced one pass which could have resulted in trouble but it didn't, could have done more for the Son's chance and that's about it. It's really bizarre how people are completely blind to all the good stuff he does and only register mistakes. Even if he had a perfect game, some would accuse him for the mistakes of others, because he "makes them nervous". 

28 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If this is all aimed at me then you can all fuck off and die, you tedious fucking flannels. 

All I said was he can count himself lucky. 

No, you weren’t involved too much yesterday. I (harshly) blamed the goal on Virgil for getting caught ball watching, and then I went on to challenge the posters who berated Lovren... That started relatively brief arguments at half time.

13 hours ago, scudger99 said:

Yup.  Left foot too.  Anywhere else than that tiny segment and it was either blocked or wide.

Should shut his detractors up for at least 30 seconds.

Not his favourite foot. Might not even be his second favourite. As somebody once said

But he scored it. Danny Rose may want to take note.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Had Son taken his chance then it probably would have been.

For all our dominance it was a very nervy 90 minutes and anyone that says they knew we would run out winners before the final whistle is fooling themselves. I don't mind admitting I was shitting it for 90 minutes 

We'll, if we had taken all our chances before that, then we would have been comfortable winners. The fact is the team and the fans do not shit ourselves when we go behind these days. Trusting in the team is no t fooling ourselves, it's called faith

• Upvote 1

I think sometimes people over analyse things especially regarding Degsy on that first goal. Now Alberto has gone, Degsy is 2nd only to Hendo in the whipping boy contest.

Yeah, ok, hendo may have lost possession in the first minute but I really dont think there's much Degsy could do on that shot. It's not like he ducked under it. Looked to me like he was trying to head it out wide but it skimmed off his head. Sadio did similar with that header he should have scored with.

Shit happens in games and all players make mistakes. It's how you respond to them that matters and the team responded in the right way. They never let their heads drop when all those shots were being saved by the keeper. I can remember not too long ago when coming up against a keeper saving everything, players and fans heads dropping. But the team carried on didnt panic.

Im made up Hendo got that goal. I just wish the lad would get more. I think if he had been a regular 5 to 10 goals a season man, lots on here and elsewhere who give him stick would melt away.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

We'll, if we had taken all our chances before that, then we would have been comfortable winners. The fact is the team and the fans do not shit ourselves when we go behind these days. Trusting in the team is no t fooling ourselves, it's called faith

But we didn't take our chances . There's faith and blind faith and I've seen countless games where teams dominate and get robbed . Yesterday could easily have been a case in point that's all I was saying . 

35 minutes ago, magicrat said:

But we didn't take our chances . There's faith and blind faith and I've seen countless games where teams dominate and get robbed . Yesterday could easily have been a case in point that's all I was saying . 

Even Son didn't. Fine margins. But come to think of your perspective, yeah, I agree that I was a little nervous but quietly confident. I think we are also desperate as fans to see our team not lose the lead to city and win what is our holy grail. This nervousness n desperation combined is making us find faults when we should be really enjoying the ride with one of the best teams we've ever had. 

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I think sometimes people over analyse things especially regarding Degsy on that first goal. Now Alberto has gone, Degsy is 2nd only to Hendo in the whipping boy contest.

Yeah, ok, hendo may have lost possession in the first minute but I really dont think there's much Degsy could do on that shot. It's not like he ducked under it. Looked to me like he was trying to head it out wide but it skimmed off his head. Sadio did similar with that header he should have scored with.

Shit happens in games and all players make mistakes. It's how you respond to them that matters and the team responded in the right way. They never let their heads drop when all those shots were being saved by the keeper. I can remember not too long ago when coming up against a keeper saving everything, players and fans heads dropping. But the team carried on didnt panic.

Im made up Hendo got that goal. I just wish the lad would get more. I think if he had been a regular 5 to 10 goals a season man, lots on here and elsewhere who give him stick would melt away.

It never ceases to amaze me that so many of the cunts who call Lovren out for his apparent mistakes can't even spell his fucking name properly.  Try pointing their mistakes out to them.......

7 hours ago, moof said:

Utter nonsense.   It wasn't a foot race.   Lovren was caught ball watching, just like against Genk when he lost some shite lanky slow striker. 

• Downvote 1