You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (H) Premier League 27/10/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

Just watched the highlights back and realised I completely missed something in the first half.

Did everyone else see that in the buildup to the great Salah shot that led to a brilliant save by Gazzanigga (and then another after Bobby fired the rebound back in - the pass from Firmino back to Salah that led to the shot was another crazy flick? It wasn't quite as good as the give-and-go that Salah scored against Newcastle the other week but it was somewhat similar. On the live feed I missed it because it was hard to see from the main camera angle and there was no replay, but when you see it from the other angle you realise Bobby's flicked it like that again.

What a player.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

Hendo starting his run from about 10 yards outside the box again, so he's first to the rebound off the pen, really hope he gets to bury one of those one day. 

Isn’t he still encroaching though, with him being inside the D?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When Spurs scored in the second minute, I was like are the results being reversed from the cl final when we scored in the second minute.

But then we laid seige on their goal which was nothing like what they did if you saw the match and not go with the biased pundits. Mcmanaman said even at halftime, he was confident that we'll score and win and hendo answered "Mentality" when asked why he thinks the team are able to pull if comebacks all the time. 

Another thing that signifies how far this team have come - we were the better team than Spurs last year but everyone else said they will be better this year with the new signings - Ndombele and Lo Celso. Guess what, we are still better than them by a long way.

6 hours ago, Aventus said:

Hendo starting his run from about 10 yards outside the box again, so he's first to the rebound off the pen, really hope he gets to bury one of those one day. 

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Isn’t he still encroaching though, with him being inside the D?

Yup. 

3 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

When Spurs scored in the second minute, I was like are the results being reversed from the cl final when we scored in the second minute.

But then we laid seige on their goal which was nothing like what they did if you saw the match and not go with the biased pundits. Mcmanaman said even at halftime, he was confident that we'll score and win and hendo answered "Mentality" when asked why he thinks the team are able to pull if comebacks all the time. 

Another thing that signifies how far this team have come - we were the better team than Spurs last year but everyone else said they will be better this year with the new signings - Ndombele and Lo Celso. Guess what, we are still better than them by a long way.

I said to may daughter once they scored that now we would see how we deal with a similar situation to the one Spurs faced in the CL. I think we showed them how it should have been done, and if not for their keeper would have been far away in the first half alone. 

As many have said, I just never thought we would lose yesterday, the team just doesn't let that happen and the fans are now believers. It's just a matter of time before our onslaughts result in goals. 

Someone is going to get a good going over, and I mean similar to the Leicester result against Southampton. I doubt it will be everton but if the officials that are fixing the league could arrange it I'd appreciate it. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m not a Dejan hater but he can count himself very lucky after the way that Son hit the bar after going around the keeper. The criticism would have been huge if that had gone in and we hadn’t gone on to win. 

That would’ve been his mistake, I’d agree with that. However, people putting the blame on him for their goal are misguided, led by their bias against him IMO. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m not a Dejan hater but he can count himself very lucky after the way that Son hit the bar after going around the keeper. The criticism would have been huge if that had gone in and we hadn’t gone on to win. 

Degsy had just headed a corner straight at Gazzaniga from the left side of the box and sprinted (well, ran quite fast for him) back into his position as the keeper collected the ball. He was just about in position when Gazzaniga's kick bounced by him.

• Upvote 2

Hmmm. Played 10, with 28 remaining. The next 8 games are against shite which means that if we....

12 hours ago, sir roger said:

I hope we don't see a ' How many points should we get from the next 8 games against shite ? ' type thread

Nah. Never mind. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Carragher’s comments about Lovren being too emotional came across as pretty snide. Seemed to be willing him to failure yesterday at times. 

I didn’t think it was snide I felt it was very honest. Kane dived and made a meal out of it like a cunt but Lovern didn’t need to put his arm across him that high & give him an excuse. 
lovern is very rash and emotional as a defender imo.
He’s fine as a 3rd 4th choice option. 

3 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Pretty obvious now that Matip is a far superior defender than Lovren, saying that though Dejan's a very decent 3rd choice option to have. I wouldn't like to see him leave 

Matip is first choice now on merit, he had a terrific season last season. Don’t forget that Dejan had an outstanding season the year previous. Of the two I’d probably keep Matip because he’s younger but for me there isn’t much between the two in quality.

7 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Had Son taken his chance then it probably would have been.

For all our dominance it was a very nervy 90 minutes and anyone that says they knew we would run out winners before the final whistle is fooling themselves. I don't mind admitting I was shitting it for 90 minutes 

Matip is obviously a lot better than Lovren, it's not even close. Would much rather see Gomez play than Lovren. Hopefully one of the kids can step up and be fourth choice for next season and Lovren can go to Serie A and spend most games defending the edge of the box where I reckon he'd do quite well.