You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (H) Premier League 27/10/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

Just dont give up these boys, do they?

The good thing about conceeding a 1st minute goal is it gives you virtually all the game to cancel it out! Not that Id recommend conceeding one too often.

I thought trent should have cut out the ball down the right that lead to the cross \ shot by Son pinging off Lovren, the ball then falling to Kane to nod in. After that though, it was all one way towards the Spurs goal.

I keep banging on about how shit Lloris is. Yes, he has a World Cup and European Nations winners medals but so too would Mingolet if he'd been French. Fuck, even Pickford would have picked up winners medals with France if he'd been old enough. And French, of course.

OK this lad may have had a worldie and it's just one game but he stopped everything we threw at him in the first half. Neither did he throw the ball onto his own player like Lloris did last season.

Mane had a glorious chance to nod us level in the first half but his timing was just off and he glanced the chance wide. I was beginning to think this was going to be one of those days where wayward finishing and a stand in keeper playing a blinder was going to cost us.

It's funny, the lads and I were talking about a Milner for Hendo swap at half time and I said Milner great for pens but his goal return from open play isnt that much better than Hendo's!

The lads dont like Hendo much. But I think he does as much of the donkey work Milner does but doesnt get the praise. But today I thought he had a very, very good game, the type of game his detractors dont recognise or acknowledge.

It looked like another overhit cross from the left into the Kop goal was going to end up going out for a throw when suddenly, Hendo popped up in the right place at the right time to smash it into the net and level the scores. And boy, did he enjoy that.

You could feel the confidence inside the ground grow from that moment. Spurs could still be very dangerous on the break especially with Son's speed. Before the equaliser Im not sure if it was just a long punt up field but it pitted Lovren against Son. Lovren looked to be the nailed on winner but a moment's hesitation from him saw Son latch onto the ball, draw Alisson then plant the ball on the angle of post and crossbar. If that had gone in, it would have been a long road back.

I thought Fabinho was bossing the game and Id love to see the lad add a couple of goals to his game but that's maybe asking a bit too much!

Loads around me were surprised the pen was given but it looked nailed on from my seat at the other end of the SKD Upper! In truth I wasnt that confident as Mo lined up for the pen. The keeper had stopped or blocked just about everything and although puts his laces through it, his technique doesnt look the best in my opinion. But Mo made no mistake even if the keeper hardly moved and the ball didnt look that far out of reach!

Make no mistake, this is a massive win. It restores our 6 point lead. We've played all the top 8 except city and they're up at Anfield in 2 weeks.

Did I say anthony taylor is a fucking manc twat?

• Upvote 1

The way the ball mostly sticks to Alisson like glue in pressure situations is a joy after some who treat it like a greased piglet we’ve had to endure in recent decades.

Today reminded me of his performance against them in Madrid. Makes things look comfortable due to his all-round game rather than it having been an easy match for a keeper.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Lord Sugar (his twitter is literally called that) doesn't seem too happy. 

6 hours ago - "Why am I not excited 0-1 Spurs after 2 mins"

5 hours ago - "There we go 1-1. Now let's see if Spurs have and bottle"

There are no further tweets. 

Despicable fucker!

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Why the fuck do they have guys from the Annfield wrap, SOS, and Red men TV on before game. Don't need to hear from super fans spouting shite

BBC shitfest.  It's bad enough coming across the bollocks on youtube.

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Didn't see the Spurs goal earlier

Bit unlucky but fucking hell Dejan, turning his face from the ball. Unlucky it hits post but man the fuck up

Don't see how any blame can be attached to Lovren, he got his head on a fast moving ball and tried to put it wide.

The main problem was our terrible attempts to tackle Sissoko through the midfield.  Hendo wasn't great, and Gini was very poor.

Lovren didn't cover himself in glory with his positioning for the rest of the game though. 

10 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Hendo’s finish for that goal gets better every time I see it. Particularly given the significance.

Yup.  Left foot too.  Anywhere else than that tiny segment and it was either blocked or wide.

Should shut his detractors up for at least 30 seconds.

14 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Don't see how any blame can be attached to Lovren, he got his head on a fast moving ball and tried to put it wide.

The main problem was our terrible attempts to tackle Sissoko through the midfield.  Hendo wasn't great, and Gini was very poor.

Lovren didn't cover himself in glory with his positioning for the rest of the game though. 

He turns his head from the pictures I've seen,could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, rotoq said:

This. I don't know what the fuck is going to happen this season, so to sound like the players post match, nothing for it except trying to take 3 points each match and see where we end up at the end of the season. Anything else is a waste of energy and focus.

If we're still clear at the top at the end of February, then I might start looking at fixtures and totting up possible points; but we won't be, so it's moot.

• Upvote 1