You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (H) Premier League 27/10/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Keane and Souey are great together.

Dumb and dumber haha. Martin won't like a good English boy like Danny Rose put down like that.

In fairness to Neville, he is able to put aside his tribal dislike of us and be full of praise for a great team. 

Except for when the game is actually on and he's almost in tears.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

My favourite bit of that game apart from Henderson scoring and Salah coolly slotting away the penalty was when that fucker Rose blasted a good chance miles off the target. I have an unhealthy hatred for that twat, snide fucker and always whinging about nearly every decision. 

The sooner he fucks off to Broadway the better. 

• Upvote 2

Bullet points for me as I'm knackered and got man flu. 

- Mane. Boss. 

- Fabinho. A wall. 

- Alisson. Did the simple things very well. 

- Last 20 mins. Too deep and piss poor ball retention. Brought unnecessary pressure on ourselves. 

- 3 points though. On to the next one. 

- Martin Tyler. Ban him from the ground. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I thought he gave us most decisions in the first half & was fairly even-handed in the second half until the penalty , then seemed to lean towards Spurs in the last 15.

Kane & Son were doing a lot of nudging Lovren & VvD off balance as they were going up for clearances but it doesn't seem a priority for refs as you can see by Ashley Barnes basing a career around it. 

On a side point re refs generally , saw a graphic on BBC Sport that we were about 4th bottom for getting given fouls this season which seems mad considering we are constantly attacking teams and usually have 60%+ of the ball.

Spot on

To be fair he's probably tired

Most Hampsters would be hibernating at the moment

We actually appear to have broken Spurs and Barcelona still seem a little broken too. 

Any other major league in Europe and we'd be away over the bloody hill with our results

Cheating bastard.

But as it is Sir Harry the Lionheart of Ingerlund fuck all will be said.

Somehow as big as it is he's managed to miss his chin, although from his reaction you'd think he hadn't....

Amazing that in same game Tyler and Neville were slagging Salah and calling him theatrical when he hadn't gone down!!

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Cheating bastard.

Somehow as big as it is he's managed to miss his chin, although from his reaction you'd think he hadn't....

Amazing that in same game Tyler and Neville were slagging Salah and calling him theatrical when he hadn't gone down!!

The slobbering mong should be put in front of a camera and made to explain that shit.  Not that anyone would make any sense of it, but still...

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

Cheating bastard.

Tyler did mumble something about that Kane incident - how he hadn't been hit in the face or something to that effect.

He was completely out of order what he said about Salah. Why does a supposedly neutral professional commentator think it's OK to make that kind of borderline slanderous remark about a player in front of millions of people? 

• Upvote 1

City’s league fixtures so far this season:

West Ham a - 10th

Spurs h - 11th

Bournemouth a - 9th

Brighton h - 14th

Norwich a -19th

Watford h- 20th

Everton a - 16th

Wolves h - 12th

Palace a - 6th

Villa h - 15th

Ours: 

Norwich h - 19th

Southampton a - 18th

Arsenal h - 5th

Burnley a - 13th 

Newcastle h - 17th

Chelsea a - 4th

Sheff Utd a - 8th

Leicester h - 3rd

Man United a - 7th

Spurs h - 11th

Purely in terms of where we’re at right now and no chicken counting going on, what an outstanding effort to be 6 clear given the above. City haven’t been remotely tested in terms of opponents yet. Palace are the most in form team they’ve played in the league. We’ve not had a single away game that hasn’t been a tough fixture, given we played Southampton away days after extra time in the super cup.

Their absentees haven’t come at the worst time for them when you look at that run of games.

• Upvote 2

Didn't get to watch the game and have only just watched the brief highlights, which clearly don't give much context. Other than that, I was following this thread.

First things first. If you're going to post stuff like "FFS", "shite" etc in the match thread, at least give it some context. Every time I see stuff like this, I'm wondering if we've conceded whereas most of the time it's for a missed (though hardly gilt-edged) chance or a bad pass. And that's before negative ninnies like Creator Supreme or TheDrowningMan come along on their chariots of doom to make the game sound like we're getting battered in a relegation dogfight. Just add in stuff like "should have scored", "great save by the beardy sexbomb" etc so we've got some idea of what is actually happening. Jarvinja Ilnow with his "SALAH AKBAAARRRR!" are welcome to stay though.

Anyway, the goals.

You could claim several people were at fault but in isolation for the opener, none of them did anything massively wrong. Hendo conceding possession in midfield. Trent unsure whether to close down Son or push him wide. Degsy with the half-block that sent the Korean's shot onto the woodwork. Big Virg switching off to the presence of Kane near him. It's just that all of those things happened together very quickly and we were caught cold by it, plus those breaks were very fortuitous for the slack-jawed mouth-breather. Not saying it shouldn't happen because it really shouldn't and I hope the coaching staff always point that out to the players, but it wasn't any single horrendous error by an individual.

Hendo was getting pelters off here during the first half and loads wanted him hooked for the more creative Keith or the more incisive Ox, but then he popped up with the equaliser after good following up of the ball in. Bobby was fouled in the build-up but who know if Manchester's Anthony Taylor and his VAR goons would have spotted it. Thankfully it was all moot. It was a tidy finish too.

Then Sadio eventually got the better of Aurier and then let Aurier do what Aurier does, which is panic and act rashly in his own area. Penalty, and Mo buried it to give the scoreline a much more accurate reflection of the balance of play.

Spurs did have other chances when playing on the counter, and they have enough threat up front in the likes of Son to always give them a chance. Son hit the woodwork after rounding Alisson, shortly before we equalised. Had it gone in, it would definitely have been an uphill task to claw our way back because a combination of Gazzaniga in the Spurs goal plus our own lack of precision was keeping Spurs in front up to that point.

A few words on Danny Rose. He's an athlete pretending to be a footballer, and he loves a dive. Every time I see him play, he's like this. He's also one of the rashest players out there, always on the cusp of a bad challenge or a spat with opponents. Spurs as a collective tend towards the reckless when games are getting away from them. That comes from the manager.

But enough about that. We won to make it 28 points from 30, and we came through another test against a side either deemed a top-6 side or one currently in the top 6. We seem to have had a few games like that whereas City appear to play bottom half or promoted sides every week.

We go again.

• Upvote 1

Lovren and TAA both clearly fouled Kane and neither booking was a travesty.

When my mate was unavailable to go to the game he used to give me his ticket in the Kemlyn and I would sit with his dad who was that biased he would have outraged the denizens of the Lower Bullens. One night when he had toddled off for a pee at half time the guy behind leaned forward and said that he had been sat behind him for over 40 years and he reckoned the last foul that G's dad had agreed was a fair decision against us was a tackle by Ronnie Moran that had put the opposition player in Walton Hospital A & E.

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Didn't get to watch the game and have only just watched the brief highlights, which clearly don't give much context. Other than that, I was following this thread.

First things first. If you're going to post stuff like "FFS", "shite" etc in the match thread, at least give it some context. Every time I see stuff like this, I'm wondering if we've conceded whereas most of the time it's for a missed (though hardly gilt-edged) chance or a bad pass. And that's before negative ninnies like Creator Supreme or TheDrowningMan come along on their chariots of doom to make the game sound like we're getting battered in a relegation dogfight. Just add in stuff like "should have scored", "great save by the beardy sexbomb" etc so we've got some idea of what is actually happening. Jarvinja Ilnow with his "SALAH AKBAAARRRR!" are welcome to stay though.

Anyway, the goals.

You could claim several people were at fault but in isolation for the opener, none of them did anything massively wrong. Hendo conceding possession in midfield. Trent unsure whether to close down Son or push him wide. Degsy with the half-block that sent the Korean's shot onto the woodwork. Big Virg switching off to the presence of Kane near him. It's just that all of those things happened together very quickly and we were caught cold by it, plus those breaks were very fortuitous for the slack-jawed mouth-breather. Not saying it shouldn't happen because it really shouldn't and I hope the coaching staff always point that out to the players, but it wasn't any single horrendous error by an individual.

Hendo was getting pelters off here during the first half and loads wanted him hooked for the more creative Keith or the more incisive Ox, but then he popped up with the equaliser after good following up of the ball in. Bobby was fouled in the build-up but who know if Manchester's Anthony Taylor and his VAR goons would have spotted it. Thankfully it was all moot. It was a tidy finish too.

Then Sadio eventually got the better of Aurier and then let Aurier do what Aurier does, which is panic and act rashly in his own area. Penalty, and Mo buried it to give the scoreline a much more accurate reflection of the balance of play.

Spurs did have other chances when playing on the counter, and they have enough threat up front in the likes of Son to always give them a chance. Son hit the woodwork after rounding Alisson, shortly before we equalised. Had it gone in, it would definitely have been an uphill task to claw our way back because a combination of Gazzaniga in the Spurs goal plus our own lack of precision was keeping Spurs in front up to that point.

A few words on Danny Rose. He's an athlete pretending to be a footballer, and he loves a dive. Every time I see him play, he's like this. He's also one of the rashest players out there, always on the cusp of a bad challenge or a spat with opponents. Spurs as a collective tend towards the reckless when games are getting away from them. That comes from the manager.

But enough about that. We won to make it 28 points from 30, and we came through another test against a side either deemed a top-6 side or one currently in the top 6. We seem to have had a few games like that whereas City appear to play bottom half or promoted sides every week.

We go again.

Just on the first point could you not listen to some commentary? I'd recommend "Anfield Agenda" a channel on YouTube which does really great fan commentary (the channel is really good in general). 

I ask because I'm not sure its fair to expect people to post in a forum as if its live commentary. I think there will always be differences between a football thread and live commentary and I don't think that will change. 

I mean all of that respectfully. 

3 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Just on the first point could you not listen to some commentary? I'd recommend "Anfield Agenda" a channel on YouTube which does really great fan commentary (the channel is really good in general). 

I ask because I'm not sure its fair to expect people to post in a forum as if its live commentary. I think there will always be differences between a football thread and live commentary and I don't think that will change. 

I mean all of that respectfully. 

I've chosen to do it this way, keeping this forum and the BBC match feed open, since summer 2018 if I know I won't be able to watch any of our games. Before that, I always tried to find online streams but got fed up of them. We haven't done too badly at all since that change! If it ain't broke...