You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (H) Premier League 27/10/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

57 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Still think we'll win this game. 2-1.

Spurs got one lucky bounce, since then they've been holding on. If we perform like that in the second half we'll get a couple of goals - some of them have to go in at some point.

Last week my score prediction at halftime turned out to be correct, but I wasn't happy about it.

Today I am.

• Upvote 6

Just now, Ben Sherman said:

That last 10 minutes was tough to watch

Completely lost control once Gini went off.

Meh. It was a classic situation where once the go-ahead goal goes in, all of a sudden Spurs have to go all in and we're under pressure. We're defending after Salah's penalty no matter who is on the pitch. 

Guest Pistonbroke

A deserved three points. We battered them until those last 12 minutes, have that you time wasting hanging on like a second division cup team bastards. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Fabinho was immense by the way. 

You can also see why Gomez doesn't get a start at the moment, in that short stint he just doesn't look capable of defending properly, it just made our defending look uncomfortable at times. In his defence it is hard to come in under those circumstances. 

Great result in any circumstances, more so because of the nightmare start and toothless first half. Spurs will have been massively up for this, and to be leading at half-time will have been huge for them psychologically - the end result will have been the same for us. There’s just no quit, however frayed the performance.

Also, Alisson was absolutely brilliant at the end - that low shot was struck well and 99% of keepers would have pushed it away and, in many circumstances, straight into danger. Might have looked more dramatic and, counterintuitively, be considered a ‘better’ save because it appeared more dramatic, but not making outrageous saves game-after-game is a hallmark of many of the greatest goalkeepers - they don’t need to parry the ball all over the place, because their fundamentals - of which positioning is a massive one - are on another level.

• Upvote 1

Massive win that.

Thought we were pretty decent 2nd half - bit ropey after went in front but job done and a win from behind.

Nice.

A word on Sky and Tyler - he is getting worse they need to sort him - he excelled himself today.

Carra was talking about how Liverpool hold a line for free kicks that are being crossed in and do it so well, are so well drilled at it and do it right on time....

Tyler replied 'well they have let a goal in in every home game this season'

Now unless those goals (which of course they aren't) are off that situation each week, what the fuck is the senile twat going on about....

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Fabinho was immense by the way. 

You can also see why Gomez doesn't get a start at the moment, in that short stint he just doesn't look capable of defending properly, it just made our defending look uncomfortable at times. In his defence it is hard to come in under those circumstances. 

Fabinho is just a wonderful footballer, he has it all.

I agree about Gomez, he looks absolute shite lately. I'm hoping it's a bad spell due to injury problems/match fitness as oppose to him just having a purple patch at the start of last season.

16 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

I don't know whose performance was worse: Kane or Taylor*.

What a pair of monumental cunts.

*Though I appreciated the penalty call nonetheless.

He waited 4 seconds to give the pen. Twas as cast iron a pen you'll ever see. The manc cunt 

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Great result in any circumstances, more so because of the nightmare start and toothless first half.

Eh? We fucking battered them and could have easily had four before HT. Pretty sure there was a stat floating around saying that that was the most saves made by a GK in a single half this season. 

• Upvote 6