You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs (H) Premier League 27/10/19 - 16:30

Bjornebye

I think Hendo and Gini are nailed on to start against spurs.Jurgen wasnt happy with the way Ghenk drove through our midfield, attacking as it was. He wont want to see that against Spurs.

Hopefully Trent has recovered from whatever he had and Matip has recovered from his knock.

People say our squad doesnt have the depth but we've been without our first choice keeper for all but the last two games,had two important players missing through injury in defence and not really seen a big impact on the team.

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I think Hendo and Gini are nailed on to start against spurs.Jurgen wasnt happy with the way Ghenk drove through our midfield, attacking as it was. He wont want to see that against Spurs.

Hopefully Trent has recovered from whatever he had and Matip has recovered from his knock.

People say our squad doesnt have the depth but we've been without our first choice keeper for all but the last two games,had two important players missing through injury in defence and not really seen a big impact on the team.

Having a good backup keeper and a couple of decent stand in defenders is great but the real issue is the midfield.

Klopp made the changes last night and whilst it added something going forward it left us open to the counter.

We know Fab, Gino, Hendo/Milner generally works and we have good midfielders in reserve but they don't slot in automatically . Doesn't much matter against teams like Genk but it does against PL rivals .

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Ingenuity. Hassle. Attack. Togetherness. Energy. Surround. Press. Unyielding. Relentless. Suffocate.

IHATESPURS.

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

Willpower. Energy. Guts. Obstinance. Authority. Goals. Agility. Inventiveness. Nous.

WEGOAGAIN.

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Ref is Anthony Taylor.....

RIAT? I don't think you've got the hang of this...

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

RIAT? I don't think you've got the hang of this...

Referee Anthony Taylor Might Actually Not Care.

Better? 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

With the way we're defending, I think if they decided to play two up front with Lucas and Son, we could really be in trouble. But I don't think they'll do that.

I could easily see them starting with 3-4-3, with Son and Lucas either side of Kane.

47 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I could easily see them starting with 3-4-3, with Son and Lucas either side of Kane.

I don't think we find Kane particularly hard to defend.

But if it was a front two of Lucas and Son who were taking the spaces that our full backs were leaving, that would be rough to deal with.

I want to see Klopp give Son a huge hug at the end on the pitch. A proper lingering one. 

"Come here, smell my fags, listen to that noise, they love you, we want you, come and play for me. Fat head is on his way and Harry Kane is a gimp" 

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

But if it was a front two of Lucas and Son who were taking the spaces that our full backs were leaving, that would be rough to deal with.

I’m saying they could play both Son and Moura with Kane.

5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

That doesn’t make any sense.

Great talk, as usual.

25 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

My explanation is literally there, a couple posts up.

But here it is a bit simpler for you: I think Son and Lucas are more difficult to defend for us as strikers then if Kane is striker and Son and Lucas are wingers.

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Great talk, as usual.

My explanation is literally there, a couple posts up.

But here it is a bit simpler for you: I think Son and Lucas are more difficult to defend for us as strikers then if Kane is striker and Son and Lucas are wingers.

Son and Lucas would play as forwards just as much as Salah and Mane would for us. Why would you tell them to stick to the touchline?

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Son and Lucas would play as forwards just as much as Salah and Mane would for us. Why would you tell them to stick to the touchline?

Kane is the striker. He occupies the centre of the pitch. Spurs don't interchange fluidly like we do because Kane isn't capable of doing what Firmino does. Lucas and Son don't play like old school wingers but they don't play like strikers like Salah and Mané do.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Kane is the striker. He occupies the centre of the pitch. Spurs don't interchange fluidly like we do because Kane isn't capable of doing what Firmino does. Lucas and Son don't play like old school wingers but they don't play like strikers like Salah and Mané do.

Kane drops deep all the time and sets up play all the time. 

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Kane drops deep all the time and sets up play all the time. 

We've marked him out of the game plenty of times when we've played them. He doesn't do that effectively at all against us.

A front two of Son and Lucas who could change positions, play wider, etc... would be harder to defend because we couldn't mark them. And that's something a bunch of people were saying before the Champions League final. That's the only point I'm making.

I don't want to have a discussion over what type of players Lucas, Son and Kane are because you're insufferable in those kinds of discussions. This is something else.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

We've marked him out of the game plenty of times when we've played them. He doesn't do that effectively at all against us.

A front two of Son and Lucas who could change positions, play wider, etc... would be harder to defend because we couldn't mark them. And that's something a bunch of people were saying before the Champions League final. That's the only point I'm making.

I don't want to have a discussion over what type of players Lucas, Son and Kane are because you're insufferable in those kinds of discussions. This is something else.

He set up a goal and almost set up another one but for Sissoko to sky his shot, the last time we played them at Anfield. Kane is one of the best link-up forwards in the world at present.