Quantcast
Jamie apologises to evra for Suarez t shirt protest. - Page 7 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
dockers_strike

Jamie apologises to evra for Suarez t shirt protest.

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Is it too late to apologise for Carra's apology?

My initial reaction too. Evra is whining little shit and could easily have kept his gob shut but went crying to Slur instead. Anyway putting my bias to one side it was OK imo for Carragher to apologise. He was at the sharp end and knew exactly what was said and if he thinks it was the right thing to do then fair enough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

It did need to be apologized for. Any unbiased, reasonable person would realize that. And I'm talking about the whole of the situation, not some of the minute things that people questioned happened.

Surely you don’t mean Suarez and/or LFC should apologize for something he didn’t do, but was falsely accused and convicted for.

 

Consequently I assume you believe Suarez was guilty, and the accusations and conviction was right.  

 

Well, I don’t.  Evra lied about what happened and changed his story repeatedly, that’s well documented. Yet FA decided to punish Suarez with no other proof than the same liar’s testimony. It stinks! Had I believed Suarez was guilty I wouldn’t lift an eyebrow over this.  Almost 200 posts in this thread makes me believe I’m not alone

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Surely you don’t mean Suarez and/or LFC should apologize for something he didn’t do, but was falsely accused and convicted for.

 

Consequently I assume you believe Suarez was guilty, and the accusations and conviction was right.  

 

Well, I don’t.  Evra lied about what happened and changed his story repeatedly, that’s well documented. Yet FA decided to punish Suarez with no other proof than the same liar’s testimony. It stinks! Had I believed Suarez was guilty I wouldn’t lift an eyebrow over this.  Almost 200 posts in this thread makes me believe I’m not alone

Who knows more about what was said and done us or Carragher ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 Stacks is wrong, Carragher most definitely should not have apologised to Evra, either personally, on the behalf of the club or on the behalf of Suarez himself. That apology tacitly accepts liability, it accepts the bullshit accusation and he is very wrong to do that.

 

This is different from court where people fess up to lesser charges for various reasons; in this case Carragher's liberty was not at stake. He chose to follow the path of least resistence, he chose to follow the money and chuck Suarez (and his former team mates, and us the fans, and King Kenny) right under the wheels of the Sky Sports bus. Shame on him for that.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Guest said:

To be honest I love it when little cunts like you out yourselves.  You support Rafa Benitez FC and not Liverpool so I don’t know why you still hover round on a Liverpool site.

 

He got fucked off years ago because he was taking the club backwards, whilst taking a fat contract from Hicks and Gillet and making a show of us.  The rumours that Gerrard and Carragher were part of it behind the scenes are my favourite bit.  The club wouldn’t be where it is without them.  He wouldn’t have last 12 months at the club either if it wasn’t for Carragher and Gerrard.  That fact rustles glory hunting gobshites like yourself and you can’t handle it.

I've supported us since the mid-80s, so no, I don't support Rafa Benitez FC, but Liverpool FC. I think a lot of the stuff that went on in his time here was sad, he certainly divided the fanbase in his latter years. I think it's fair to say that a large element of our British fanbase never really took to him (possibly influenced by the British media narrative at the time). He's certainly more popular with our overseas fanbase from what I've gathered over the years. 

 

All managers care for themselves, and Rafa was no different. I just think some of the players (and board) shafted him just as much as he shafted the club at the time. No doubt you were on the "anyone but Rafa"-bandwagon, and got your just desserts when we appointed Hodgson (a popular choice among our British players at the time). 

 

If supporting us through thick and think for 30+years makes me gloryhunting, I'll leave to others to decide. You may be correct on the cunt part, but I'm 6'5 and 260 Ibs, so that part's not true at least.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

3 Stacks is wrong, Carragher most definitely should not have apologised to Evra, either personally, on the behalf of the club or on the behalf of Suarez himself. That apology tacitly accepts liability, it accepts the bullshit accusation and he is very wrong to do that.

It does none of that. If you read the article he literally just apologizes for the t-shirt protest. With your response, you would think he called Suarez a racist on live TV.

 

I think this whole thing is hilarious. People bringing up the spitting thing and calling him a Sky sell out because they can't stand him trying to be the bigger man. Who cares if it's self-serving and makes him look good? He's apologizing for a dumb thing the club did. That's it.

 

And if you think the t-shirt protest was the right thing to do, there's nothing else I can say to you.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was just teammates supporting their teammate who’d been absolutely done over by the authorities and found guilty in a kangaroo court 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Evra is a lying cunt. A crying cunt and a sexist cunt. He’s a cunt. Cunt.

 

Yeah, but he's French...nudge nudge....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, moof said:

It was just teammates supporting their teammate who’d been absolutely done over by the authorities and found guilty in a kangaroo court 

I thought t-shirts were before we learnt the kangaroo court's verdict?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carragher and Gerrard practically ran the club at that time, and certainly would have had a big say on the t shirts, so I just find it hard to believe he's trying to distance himself from it all.

Id rater he put Evra on the spot and say the fight against racism isnt helped by snivelling little lying rats like him.

Ask him why he lied about the Chelsea incident, wiped his arse with the French flag, made videos using racist words, pissed off his whole team, and licked chicken etc,etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I thought t-shirts were before we learnt the kangaroo court's verdict?

Were they? I stand corrected, then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, R BENO said:

Carragher and Gerrard practically ran the club at that time, and certainly would have had a big say on the t shirts, so I just find it hard to believe he's trying to distance himself from it all.

Id rater he put Evra on the spot and say the fight against racism isnt helped by snivelling little lying rats like him.

Ask him why he lied about the Chelsea incident, wiped his arse with the French flag, made videos using racist words, pissed off his whole team, and licked chicken etc,etc.

 

He also made a sexist remark, well more than one actually, whilst Alex Scott was sat next to him. I can say with all honesty he is one of the worst pundits they use, he's not only a lying, sexist cunt but tops it off with that wannabe high society arrogance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Scando is a derogatory word for Scandinavian people. Spending alot of money following the club, you are absolutely right. Bitters yes, although most I've met are actually quite sound albeit they've been middleaged most of them. Chelshit not so much. Twitter is a no also. Try hard, yes. It's about the club and not some washed up ex-player playing sky commentator, who just shafted the club in so many ways. Souness was a real legend and he doesn't sit right with me either for that s*n shit.

 

I'd fucking eat oatmeal to get over more. But the wife and three kids wouldn't agree to that. If it makes me a bad supporter for wanting to kick Carragher into next week for shafting the club, then so be it. It doesn't make a god damn difference to me. The club first everything else is just transition bar those who gave it all for the club while playing and have acted with a decent behaviour after. Carragher just messed that up. If he is still a legend in your opinion then that's your prerogative. 

 

Oh and

YNWA

 

Only ever met sound middle aged ‘bitters’ yet the shite you post in the Everton thread is amongst some of the most cringeworthy stuff I’ve ever encountered on the internet. Fair play though, you’re up in arms here over Jamie Carragher ‘shafting the club.’

 

803086.f56.35e41S7ay1Cm2MjUAAA-650x650-b

 

Fucking melt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't watched the video so I'm not sure if Carragher objected to wearing the t-shirt at the time. He's a gobby, brash character, so I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have spoke up at the time, particularly if he and Gerrard had the level of influence at the club that was suggested. This makes me wonder if what he's saying now is genuine or whether he's just doing it to save face or because he's been told to to try and stir things a bit. 

 

But, on Suarez, there's the whole "he was our cunt" argument, but last seasons Barca semi final summed him up. He's a headcase. One who crosses the line at times. And a cheat. In hindsight, while our ignorance or acceptance of his unsavoury side isn't unique to Liverpool fans and unswerving backing of our players, Suarez made us look like mugs on several occasions and then took our adoration and spat it in our face at the first flash of Catalan gash. He can fuck off and probably isn't worthy of continued defence, in the here and now. 

 

The bit that doesn't sit right with me though is the angle of an apparent representative of Liverpool FC appearing to be a subservient, grovelling to an apparent representative of the Mancs. All in the same space of time when those cunts get away with thousands of their fans singing vile shite about dead people. Carragher is speaking as an individual, obviously. But, nobody with links to us should go bowing and scraping to that lot while they get away with vile shite, without any degree of media accountability. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

I haven't watched the video so I'm not sure if Carragher objected to wearing the t-shirt at the time. He's a gobby, brash character, so I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have spoke up at the time, particularly if he and Gerrard had the level of influence at the club that was suggested. This makes me wonder if what he's saying now is genuine or whether he's just doing it to save face or because he's been told to to try and stir things a bit. 

 

But, on Suarez, there's the whole "he was our cunt" argument, but last seasons Barca semi final summed him up. He's a headcase. One who crosses the line at times. And a cheat. In hindsight, while our ignorance or acceptance of his unsavoury side isn't unique to Liverpool fans and unswerving backing of our players, Suarez made us look like mugs on several occasions and then took our adoration and spat it in our face at the first flash of Catalan gash. He can fuck off and probably isn't worthy of continued defence, in the here and now. 

 

The bit that doesn't sit right with me though is the angle of an apparent representative of Liverpool FC appearing to be a subservient, grovelling to an apparent representative of the Mancs. All in the same space of time when those cunts get away with thousands of their fans singing vile shite about dead people. Carragher is speaking as an individual, obviously. But, nobody with links to us should go bowing and scraping to that lot while they get away with vile shite, without any degree of media accountability. 

Great post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s nothing to do with ignoring his unsavoury side, he was falsely accused and stitched up. He fully deserved our support at that time 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the subject of the bowing and scraping and media accountability comments in my post, it's worth noting that the MEN Facebook page has posted a story about Carragher's comments but nothing about the United fan racially abusing TAA. 

 

Carragher's comments have helped reinforce this Liverpool bad, let's ignore what all other clubs do angle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alex_K said:

The link I cited was in the post - you simply aren’t intelligent enough to process the information. So much so that you posted multiple times, even though you could have just stopped the first time you were shown to be an idiot, and separately continued to shop the line that Carragher had no choice but to engage in the conversation. But idiots are as idiots do. One last time, so it really sinks in — Jamie Carragher initiated the conversation on Suarez. Jamie Carragher did not respond to the conversation on Suarez.

 

I think it was a pre-orchestrated conversation where Carragher pimped his career-association with Liverpool FC to get a few bites of quick, good publicity given his stock fell significantly with the general public when he was removed from TV for spitting in the aim of continuing his Sky TV rehabilitation. That’s my thought, simply put. No need for me to post again on the matter - it’s boring now.

Ooh! You're hard!

 

You never answered how you think they could have avoided the subject, once they were in that studio discussing racism. (Too busy being a narky prick.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It did need to be apologized for. Any unbiased, reasonable person would realize that. And I'm talking about the whole of the situation, not some of the minute things that people questioned happened.

No, it did not. Leave it. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×