You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie apologises to evra for Suarez t shirt protest.

dockers_strike

21 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

How can a choc ice be better than a magnum? They're the same thing except one has a handy stick to hold while eating it. Madness. 

Wall’s don’t make choc ices anymore, well, not in the flavours that were available 30 odd years ago. This means that whenever I have a Magnum, I can moan about them not being as nice as the choc ices of yesteryear and no one can prove otherwise.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Wall’s don’t make choc ices anymore, well, not in the flavours that were available 30 odd years ago. This means that whenever I have a Magnum, I can moan about them not being as nice as the choc ices of yesteryear and no one can prove otherwise.

Yeah, but it's the same thing. There was a crossover period where we paid more for a magnum than we ever did a choc ice. But it does have a stick. If you want a choc ice, Iceland still does them. They're worse than magnums though. They use cheaper products and they still haven't realised they're better with a stick. 

11 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

You are correct anyway. No need for a public apology.

8 hours ago, Seasons said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50159587

Who's apologising to Big Div for this then? 

Anyone who had anything to do with that wants their arses kicking from here to Christmas. 

It's bad enough being on the receiving end of false allegations of racism; when some pricks start indulging in the real thing it's fucking sickening. 

Chelsea behaviour. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

The Suarez thing also prompted the (accidentally as I think they were being serious) greatest post ever on rawk if someone wants to try to dig it out. Something about the players all in a circle and then out pops a smiling Glen Johnson holding a sign saying ‘our Luis is a friend to all races’ 

Never knew JP used to post on RAWK.

4 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Anyone who had anything to do with that wants their arses kicking from here to Christmas. 

It's bad enough being on the receiving end of false allegations of racism; when some pricks start indulging in the real thing it's fucking sickening. 

Chelsea behaviour. 

David N'Gog agrees.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I don't even know what little mix is. Is it when they short you on your pick n mix? That would make me angry.

Little mix are a breed of those small dogs you see hanging out of wannabe reality tv girls handbags.

On 22/10/2019 at 18:07, Nelly-Torres said:

I haven't watched the video so I'm not sure if Carragher objected to wearing the t-shirt at the time. He's a gobby, brash character, so I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have spoke up at the time, particularly if he and Gerrard had the level of influence at the club that was suggested. This makes me wonder if what he's saying now is genuine or whether he's just doing it to save face or because he's been told to to try and stir things a bit. 

But, on Suarez, there's the whole "he was our cunt" argument, but last seasons Barca semi final summed him up. He's a headcase. One who crosses the line at times. And a cheat. In hindsight, while our ignorance or acceptance of his unsavoury side isn't unique to Liverpool fans and unswerving backing of our players, Suarez made us look like mugs on several occasions and then took our adoration and spat it in our face at the first flash of Catalan gash. He can fuck off and probably isn't worthy of continued defence, in the here and now. 

The bit that doesn't sit right with me though is the angle of an apparent representative of Liverpool FC appearing to be a subservient, grovelling to an apparent representative of the Mancs. All in the same space of time when those cunts get away with thousands of their fans singing vile shite about dead people. Carragher is speaking as an individual, obviously. But, nobody with links to us should go bowing and scraping to that lot while they get away with vile shite, without any degree of media accountability. 

All the stuff about Suarez being a cunt may or may not be true - but it's not relevant to the one point being argued about: did he say anything racist to Evra?

All the evidence says he didn't and that's why nobody owes Evra an apology.  Carra's made a tit of himself and his reasoning for it ("he was one of our own" or words to that effect) just makes everyone, including Carra, sound complicit in racism. 

• Upvote 4

On 22/10/2019 at 23:36, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Fuck this and I'm not reading 10 pages of narrow minded shit to change my mind, it is now as it was then.

Suarez was guilty as charged, end of fucking story,

A fella from Uruguay calls a French fella 'Negrito/negredo/or whatever the fuck it was' on an English football field and then pinches his skin, just to make sure and then people want a fucking linguist to play fucking word games to prove that he was just calling him 'mate'? Because some Uruguayan colloquial term sounds a bit similar? 

Fuck off.

You tit heads can twist yourself round in hoops to justify it in any way you want, but Luis Suarez has shown time and time again that there are few levels that he won't stoop to  gain some advantage.

So Carragher has apologised for his part in the T shirt charade? Quite fucking right, it was massively misjudged as a club.

What Carragher is saying is quite correct.

All Suarez needed to say was "Look, yeah, I did use a colloquial racist term, all I was trying to do was rile up an opponent, I'm not a racist fella, I was just trying to upset him and put him off his game to gain an advantage" and then the whole sorry episode would've been to put to bed.

The whole thing was badly judged, that we went balls deep to show support in the most obvious way for a fella like Suarez who has shown himself to be not beyond the basest behaviour on a football field, was at best misguided. 

We took Suarez at his word, which quite frankly mean fuck all. He's a snarling street dog. He showed then and since that he can and will stoop to any level.

All this Carra is a shithouse and traitor is laughable.

We made fools of ourselves over this, and that was just magnified by Kenny's reaction when Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand in the following game.

When it was put to him, he said "Did he?" with a face that said..."wasn't expecting that, that wasn't the party line".

Is there really anyone, anywhere in the world who thinks that Suarez was using a colloquial term that sounds like 'black' to greet a black French fella on an English football field?

He's as guilty now as he was then. The ban was correct and Carra is right to say we made a fuck of it. 

Suarez is clearly shown pinching Evra's skin, just after making the comment.

I can understand why the club came out in support of the player at the time, it was an act of solidarity. But this is Luis Suarez. The finding was correct. And so is Carragher.

You really don't have any idea what happened on the pitch that day, do you?

Read the FA Panel's "reasons" report - it's their best efforts to paint Suarez as guilty, to justify them caling him guilty, and even they don't spout the tabloid shite you've done there.

It's best to keep your gob shut when you don't know what you're talking about.

• Upvote 4

On 23/10/2019 at 14:42, moof said:

That is true. I was well pissed off we didn’t at the time, if I remember correctly 

I think the rumour at the time was that FSG were pressurised by Standard Chartered (the money-laundering, Ahmedinajhad-bunging, corrupt cunts) into throwing Suarez under the bus and expecting everyone to just move on and forget about it, because they didn't want to tarnish their reputation by association with us.

The fact is that the FA Panel's verdict could have been overturned on appeal by Lionel Hutz.

To recap - They called Suarez guilty on 7 counts. 

The first 5 counts were just Evra's word (which had changed several times in the telling) against that of Suarez.  No witnesses, no video, no audio - literally nothing in the way of corroborating evidence; just one man's unsubstantiated allegations.  (It's worth noting that the Panel's report says they wouldn't just take one person's word against another for an allegation this serious.) 

The sixth count was Suarez addressing Evra by the Spanish word negro (which, admittedly, sounds similar to racist words in English and French).   Both the Spanish language experts the panel brought in confirmed Suarez's claim that the word is neither insulting nor racist.  In the report, Evra accepts this.  

The seventh count refers to the two players bickering as they walked away from the referee.  Neither player claims that anything racist was said at this point and, of course, the cameras which were trained on the players never picked up any evidence of anything racist. Not that the FA Panel was going to be dissuaded by mere trifles like that.

(Incidentally, the FA Panel did look seriously into that nonsense about whether pinching someone's elbow is racist - as opposed to just fucking annoying - but even they couldn't keep a straight face trying to make any racism charges stick on that one.)

• Upvote 7