You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie apologises to evra for Suarez t shirt protest.

dockers_strike

10 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Yep Evra is snide twat , well said, all ok up there Mr Torahboy?

Things are fine here, Mt Slip. Could always be better but the start to the season makes everything else tolerable. Hope everything is ok with you down in your tropical climes. Take care, sir.

38 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Probably a good example of tribalism in football.

I’d imagine there were a lot of Liverpool fans hoping he didn’t do it but mostly so that he wouldn’t get banned and a lot of Man U fans hoping he did so he would get banned. 
The percentage who actually care about the feelings and offence caused to the players will probably be pretty low if people are being honest with themselves.
You saw it with the Firmino / Holgate thing last year. It was pretty clear nothing had been said as the cameras showed the whole thing and then an investigation on top but when you looked on GOT it was like some were gutted when he got cleared rather than be happy it was shown to not actually have happened

For what it’s worth, I do think Suarez said something he shouldn’t and deserved the ban but then Evra responded with something similar (which I’ve said before I’m sure he admitted) and that should have been dealt with as well. As I’ve said before, it’s the double standards. 
The Suarez thing also prompted the (accidentally as I think they were being serious) greatest post ever on rawk if someone wants to try to dig it out. Something about the players all in a circle and then out pops a smiling Glen Johnson holding a sign saying ‘our Luis is a friend to all races’ 

Instead of guessing (the line in bold) why not refer to facts?

As you can see, if you bother, Evra actually started the bickering.  This is an extract of the report from FA reported by  the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/jan/01/fa-report-luis-suarez-patrice-evra

I watched that video and it was really strange. Evra was speaking very eloquently about race in humanity and how racism went deeper than football and it really should have ended there. Carra then brings up Suarez almost like it was scripted. Evra's mood seemed to change from level headed discussion regarding current race issues in society and in the game also to discussing the actions of LFC when it didn't seem to be part of the discussion at all.

The whole episode was years ago and quite why it was bought up seemed more to do with the TV show than anything else. Odd.

I also like the fact that this thread has turned into a cunt-fest. 

https://www.football365.com/news/ferdinand-demands-liverpool-apology-over-suarez-t-shirts

“That’s eight years late, eight years late,” said Ferdinand on BT Sport. “Testament to Jamie Carragher for apologising, eight years after the incident.

“I was there on the pitch. At the end of the day, it’s bigger than Jamie Carragher, it’s the club.

“Liverpool let themselves down that day, wearing t-shirts in support of someone who’s been accused of a racist comment.

“Yet, eight years on and still the apology hasn’t come from Liverpool in that sense.”

l.ism went deeper than football and it really should have ended there. Carra then brings up Suarez almost like it

18 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The whole episode was years ago and quite why it was bought up seemed more to do with the TV show than anything else. Odd.

I also like the fact that this thread has turned into a cunt-fest. 

Its been brought up because of the latest round of racist behaviour at footie matches. Whether Carra was clearing his own conscience or getting it out before some cunt like Ferdinand dragged it up for a pop at us who knows. 

Carra used to have this role in the defence whenever we started the traditional 'faffing around at the back' phase of play. He'd get the ball, look up, not fancy trying a forward pass himself, so he'd pass it sideways to someone else and point very obviously where he thought the ball should be played immediately. The other defender, nervously, would then pass it back to Carra, only for him to pass it straight back and again point very obviously where he thought the ball should be played. This would go on until some or other poor sod tried the pass and duly misplaced it. Then Carra would, again very obviously, make a point of charging over to berate the other defender. Good old Carra, demanding high standards of others.

He's sort of adapted this ingenious tactic - pass the buck, not the ball - for his TV work. 'The t-shirts were someone else's fault, and now I'm prepared to rebuke them publicly for it'. Take a bow, son, take a bow.

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

https://www.football365.com/news/ferdinand-demands-liverpool-apology-over-suarez-t-shirts

“That’s eight years late, eight years late,” said Ferdinand on BT Sport. “Testament to Jamie Carragher for apologising, eight years after the incident.

“I was there on the pitch. At the end of the day, it’s bigger than Jamie Carragher, it’s the club.

“Liverpool let themselves down that day, wearing t-shirts in support of someone who’s been accused of a racist comment.

“Yet, eight years on and still the apology hasn’t come from Liverpool in that sense.”

Ferdinand was on the pitch during Liverpool v Wigan?

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Istvan Kosma said:

Is daffy gonna say sorry for his drug abuse?

He's a dick. Manc fans have been guilty of loads of shit over the years, yet they get a totally different ride in the media. 

16 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Carra used to have this role in the defence whenever we started the traditional 'faffing around at the back' phase of play. He'd get the ball, look up, not fancy trying a forward pass himself, so he'd pass it sideways to someone else and point very obviously where he thought the ball should be played immediately. The other defender, nervously, would then pass it back to Carra, only for him to pass it straight back and again point very obviously where he thought the ball should be played. This would go on until some or other poor sod tried the pass and duly misplaced it. Then Carra would, again very obviously, make a point of charging over to berate the other defender. Good old Carra, demanding high standards of others.

He's sort of adapted this ingenious tactic - pass the buck, not the ball - for his TV work. 'The t-shirts were someone else's fault, and now I'm prepared to rebuke them publicly for it'. Take a bow, son, take a bow.

That sounded a lot funnier in your head didn’t it, where it was also completely invented out of thin air.

Some fucking weird cunts follow our club.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, skaro said:

No, apparently Suarez out-cunts him, and that's that.

Anyway, back to worrying about squad depth for us, Baz.

When did Suarez ever kick a fan in the head?  And before the game had even started:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2017/nov/03/patrice-evra-appears-to-kick-marseille-fan-before-match-video

Carra says:

“I am not lying and saying I wasn’t part of it because as the club we got it wrong, and I was vice-captain. I am not sure who was actually behind it. I don’t think it had anything to do with the manager Kenny."

Everybody, Liverpool fans, neutrals, manc fans. We all know the answer to that. Kenny Dalglish is indeed responsible. He was manager at the time. It doesn’t matter if it was his idea or not. It wouldn’t have happened if Kenny hadn’t OK’d it.

So feel free to tarnish Kenny Dalglish as disgraceful and disrespectful. Because if the T-shirt stunt was disgraceful, it’s his responsibility.

Rio Ferdinand is on it. More will come. Will we see Kenny forced to issue an apology?

Thanks Carra,  splendid. We all love you.

1 minute ago, JustTosh said:

Carra says:

“I am not lying and saying I wasn’t part of it because as the club we got it wrong, and I was vice-captain. I am not sure who was actually behind it. I don’t think it had anything to do with the manager Kenny."

Everybody, Liverpool fans, neutrals, manc fans. We all know the answer to that. Kenny Dalglish is indeed responsible. He was manager at the time. It doesn’t matter if it was his idea or not. It wouldn’t have happened if Kenny hadn’t OK’d it.

So feel free to tarnish Kenny Dalglish as disgraceful and disrespectful. Because if the T-shirt stunt was disgraceful, it’s his responsibility.

Rio Ferdinand is on it. More will come. Will we see Kenny forced to issue an apology?

Thanks Carra,  splendid. We all love you.

Oh God! Please no! Anything but that!

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Oh God! Please no! Anything but that!

Fact is Rio F has come out saying Carra's apology is too little too late. His words:

To me that sounds like he wants more than Carra's apololgy. And Kenny was the man in charge. So what do you mean "anything but that!"?

At the end of the day, as we all said at the time after reading the report, he was quite obviously stitched up. I don’t think people like Rio Ferdinand, or any of the sentient hams commenting on this without a solid grounding in the facts, gives a shit about that. It’s all about the optics 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, moof said:

At the end of the day, as we all said at the time after reading the report, he was quite obviously stitched up. I don’t think people like Rio Ferdinand, or any of the sentient hams commenting on this without a solid grounding in the facts, gives a shit about that. It’s all about the optics 

Thew problem is we did nothing with the cangaroo court decision, so in action we accepted it as the truth. Now the boomerang is coming back to us.