You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie apologises to evra for Suarez t shirt protest.

dockers_strike

Fuck this and I'm not reading 10 pages of narrow minded shit to change my mind, it is now as it was then.

Suarez was guilty as charged, end of fucking story,

A fella from Uruguay calls a French fella 'Negrito/negredo/or whatever the fuck it was' on an English football field and then pinches his skin, just to make sure and then people want a fucking linguist to play fucking word games to prove that he was just calling him 'mate'? Because some Uruguayan colloquial term sounds a bit similar? 

Fuck off.

You tit heads can twist yourself round in hoops to justify it in any way you want, but Luis Suarez has shown time and time again that there are few levels that he won't stoop to  gain some advantage.

So Carragher has apologised for his part in the T shirt charade? Quite fucking right, it was massively misjudged as a club.

What Carragher is saying is quite correct.

All Suarez needed to say was "Look, yeah, I did use a colloquial racist term, all I was trying to do was rile up an opponent, I'm not a racist fella, I was just trying to upset him and put him off his game to gain an advantage" and then the whole sorry episode would've been to put to bed.

The whole thing was badly judged, that we went balls deep to show support in the most obvious way for a fella like Suarez who has shown himself to be not beyond the basest behaviour on a football field, was at best misguided. 

We took Suarez at his word, which quite frankly mean fuck all. He's a snarling street dog. He showed then and since that he can and will stoop to any level.

All this Carra is a shithouse and traitor is laughable.

We made fools of ourselves over this, and that was just magnified by Kenny's reaction when Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand in the following game.

When it was put to him, he said "Did he?" with a face that said..."wasn't expecting that, that wasn't the party line".

Is there really anyone, anywhere in the world who thinks that Suarez was using a colloquial term that sounds like 'black' to greet a black French fella on an English football field?

He's as guilty now as he was then. The ban was correct and Carra is right to say we made a fuck of it. 

Suarez is clearly shown pinching Evra's skin, just after making the comment.

I can understand why the club came out in support of the player at the time, it was an act of solidarity. But this is Luis Suarez. The finding was correct. And so is Carragher.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

2 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Fuck this and I'm not reading 10 pages of narrow minded shit to change my mind, it is now as it was then.

Suarez was guilty as charged, end of fucking story,

A fella from Uruguay calls a French fella 'Negrito/negredo/or whatever the fuck it was' on an English football field and then pinches his skin, just to make sure and then people want a fucking linguist to play fucking word games to prove that he was just calling him 'mate'? Because some Uruguayan colloquial term sounds a bit similar? 

Fuck off.

You tit heads can twist yourself round in hoops to justify it in any way you want, but Luis Suarez has shown time and time again that there are few levels that he won't stoop to  gain some advantage.

So Carragher has apologised for his part in the T shirt charade? Quite fucking right, it was massively misjudged as a club.

What Carragher is saying is quite correct.

All Suarez needed to say was "Look, yeah, I did use a colloquial racist term, all I was trying to do was rile up an opponent, I'm not a racist fella, I was just trying to upset him and put him off his game to gain an advantage" and then the whole sorry episode would've been to put to bed.

The whole thing was badly judged, that we went balls deep to show support in the most obvious way for a fella like Suarez who has shown himself to be not beyond the basest behaviour on a football field, was at best misguided. 

We took Suarez at his word, which quite frankly mean fuck all. He's a snarling street dog. He showed then and since that he can and will stoop to any level.

All this Carra is a shithouse and traitor is laughable.

We made fools of ourselves over this, and that was just magnified by Kenny's reaction when Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand in the following game.

When it was put to him, he said "Did he?" with a face that said..."wasn't expecting that, that wasn't the party line".

Is there really anyone, anywhere in the world who thinks that Suarez was using a colloquial term that sounds like 'black' to greet a black French fella on an English football field?

He's as guilty now as he was then. The ban was correct and Carra is right to say we made a fuck of it. 

Suarez is clearly shown pinching Evra's skin, just after making the comment.

I can understand why the club came out in support of the player at the time, it was an act of solidarity. But this is Luis Suarez. The finding was correct. And so is Carragher.

Sorry old boy, bit late.  We've moved on to casual cunt calling now. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

aSorry old boy, bit late.  We've moved on to casual cunt calling now. 

Aye, sorry mate, I read about 12 posts and thought fuck it.

At the time and the same now, had this been any other player at any other club, based on that evidence we would've said "Hang on a minute, a Spanish speaking fella who's been in Europe for years speaking to a French lad in England and who uses a term that means black/darky/nego, that's a bit sus surely and then pinches his skin to make sure ?"

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Now I've made a cunt of meself haven't I? I've said things that other people have already said haven't I?

I just saw 10 pages and read the first and I couldn't face the other 9

Its 7 pages of anti scandinavia and 2 pages of cunt. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Now I've made a cunt of meself haven't I? I've said things that other people have already said haven't I?

I just saw 10 pages and read the first and I couldn't face the other 9

Among the absolute aids there were a couple grown ups and you echoed some of the sentiments they shared but good post, in full. A reasonable synopsis in a thread full of stupid conspiracy theories and tribalism. 

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Carragher will apologising for this thread on next week's Monday night football.

Just after he's apologised to Gary Neville for Liverpool fans not politely applauding him when he celebrated in front of them that one time.

The week after he's apologising to Alex Ferguson for the time Shelvey pointed and shouted at him.

13 hours ago, torahboy said:

On French radio after that game Evra said that Suarez had called him 'nigger' ten times. That was a lie. Evra is a liar. Why would anyone feel the need to apologise for taking sides against a liar?

Evra and Ferguson both lied to the referee after the game. The resulting hearing found that Suarez, based 'on the balance of probabillities' did abuse Evra. So no racism was ever acrually proven against Suarez. What exactly is Carragher apologising for? Wearing a t-shirt that supported a team mate who was at that time being condemned throughout the media as a racist, without a shred of reliable evidnce to prove that allegation?  

Evra had a history of calling out racism where it didn't exist - remember the Chelsea groundman incident? -and for the FA to condemn Suarez on the word of a proven liar merely on some dragged from their arse criteria was as shameful as racist abuse.

Carragher is now Sky's bitch and he will do anything that he feels may please his paymasters. It makes you want to spit.

Yep Evra is snide twat , well said, all ok up there Mr Torahboy?

It's interesting how mental this thread has gone. Posting rates seem pretty low at the moment and I put that down for there being very little to moan about, although I try to give it a real go. How good must things be on the pitch, when this thread brings up more emotion than we've seen on here in months.. 

I've got to say though , I just can't get worked up about it. It was years ago. Carra is probably wrong. Maybe he's wrong because he's on sky. But really who cares? This is a discussion for us, I can't even imagine GOT are getting their knickers in a twist about it. 

Can't we all just agree evra is a cunt? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I've got to say though , I just can't get worked up about it. It was years ago. Carra is probably wrong. Maybe he's wrong because he's on sky. But really who cares? This is a discussion for us, I can't even imagine GOT are getting their knickers in a twist about it. 

Can't we all just agree evra is a cunt? 

No, apparently Suarez out-cunts him, and that's that.

Anyway, back to worrying about squad depth for us, Baz.

7 minutes ago, skaro said:

No, apparently Suarez out-cunts him, and that's that.

Anyway, back to worrying about squad depth for us, Baz.

Yep, I've way more to worry about who plays up front if one of the front 3 do one than I have which side of the Suarez/evra debate one of our ex-players wants to sit on. 

So is anyone with me, origi is simultaneously a legend and absolutely shite and wouldn't get in an over 50's Sunday league team?  

21 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Yep, I've way more to worry about who plays up front if one of the front 3 do one than I have which side of the Suarez/evra debate one of our ex-players wants to sit on. 

So is anyone with me, origi is simultaneously a legend and absolutely shite and wouldn't get in an over 50's Sunday league team?  

Absolute shite is going a bit far.  He's fine as a sub and the occasional start.  Should be 5th or 6th choice forward rather than 4th but we all knew that already. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Toshack vs Origi.

Discuss.

17 hours ago, lebron said:

I've supported us since the mid-80s, so no, I don't support Rafa Benitez FC, but Liverpool FC. I think a lot of the stuff that went on in his time here was sad, he certainly divided the fanbase in his latter years. I think it's fair to say that a large element of our British fanbase never really took to him (possibly influenced by the British media narrative at the time). He's certainly more popular with our overseas fanbase from what I've gathered over the years. 

All managers care for themselves, and Rafa was no different. I just think some of the players (and board) shafted him just as much as he shafted the club at the time. No doubt you were on the "anyone but Rafa"-bandwagon, and got your just desserts when we appointed Hodgson (a popular choice among our British players at the time). 

If supporting us through thick and think for 30+years makes me gloryhunting, I'll leave to others to decide. You may be correct on the cunt part, but I'm 6'5 and 260 Ibs, so that part's not true at least.

A large element of our fan base disliked Rafa because of the British press? I call bollocks on that. The only issue I've ever had with Rafa was taking his eye off the football side of his job and opening the door for the club to sack him when he could have ridden out the storm and stayed longer in charge. I have no problem with him at all,even now. He made mistakes during his tenure but he's still immensely respected and liked by most UK based LFC fans.

Astonishing comments in this thread. Throwing out comments about Carragher about being a Sky stooge, the spitting incident etc. for apologising about an incident that didn't cover the club in glory.

I'm still not sure what went on because it's all hearsay but I was uncomfortable with passionate defences of Suarez then and I still feel that way.

But calling Carragher the wrong 'un and defending Suarez?

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Aye, sorry mate, I read about 12 posts and thought fuck it.

At the time and the same now, had this been any other player at any other club, based on that evidence we would've said "Hang on a minute, a Spanish speaking fella who's been in Europe for years speaking to a French lad in England and who uses a term that means black/darky/nego, that's a bit sus surely and then pinches his skin to make sure ?"

Was this proven? And by whom? By a man who falsely accused a member of another club's groundstaff of being racist? Suarez is a cunt,no doubt,but Evra has a history of being a cunt and using the race card falsely too. A kangaroo court should never make decisions like this,it should only be decided in a court of law but I am guessing it never even reached that standard?

Probably a good example of tribalism in football.

I’d imagine there were a lot of Liverpool fans hoping he didn’t do it but mostly so that he wouldn’t get banned and a lot of Man U fans hoping he did so he would get banned. 
The percentage who actually care about the feelings and offence caused to the players will probably be pretty low if people are being honest with themselves.
You saw it with the Firmino / Holgate thing last year. It was pretty clear nothing had been said as the cameras showed the whole thing and then an investigation on top but when you looked on GOT it was like some were gutted when he got cleared rather than be happy it was shown to not actually have happened

For what it’s worth, I do think Suarez said something he shouldn’t and deserved the ban but then Evra responded with something similar (which I’ve said before I’m sure he admitted) and that should have been dealt with as well. As I’ve said before, it’s the double standards. 
The Suarez thing also prompted the (accidentally as I think they were being serious) greatest post ever on rawk if someone wants to try to dig it out. Something about the players all in a circle and then out pops a smiling Glen Johnson holding a sign saying ‘our Luis is a friend to all races’ 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Was this proven? And by whom? By a man who falsely accused a member of another club's groundstaff of being racist? Suarez is a cunt,no doubt,but Evra has a history of being a cunt and using the race card falsely too. A kangaroo court should never make decisions like this,it should only be decided in a court of law but I am guessing it never even reached that standard?

Of course not but it doesn't matter he's a "He's a snarling street dog" from another country.  Obviously it doesn't matter that Evra had proven himself a liar, homophobic and an utter cunt previously and since the incident.

• Upvote 1