You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie apologises to evra for Suarez t shirt protest.

dockers_strike

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Weird man, you are. The epitome of the kind of knob that fans of other clubs mock us for having as supporters. Strange Scando bloke that pays hundreds for tickets and always talks about ‘bitters’ and ‘chelshit’ whilst trying too hard. If you’re on Twitter I bet you sign off on all your Tweets with a #YNWA at the end. 

Scando is a derogatory word for Scandinavian people. Spending alot of money following the club, you are absolutely right. Bitters yes, although most I've met are actually quite sound albeit they've been middleaged most of them. Chelshit not so much. Twitter is a no also. Try hard, yes. It's about the club and not some washed up ex-player playing sky commentator, who just shafted the club in so many ways. Souness was a real legend and he doesn't sit right with me either for that s*n shit.

I'd fucking eat oatmeal to get over more. But the wife and three kids wouldn't agree to that. If it makes me a bad supporter for wanting to kick Carragher into next week for shafting the club, then so be it. It doesn't make a god damn difference to me. The club first everything else is just transition bar those who gave it all for the club while playing and have acted with a decent behaviour after. Carragher just messed that up. If he is still a legend in your opinion then that's your prerogative. 

Oh and

YNWA

41 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

You’re watching the Sky-shortened video, aren’t you? Well they got you hook, line and sinker - I guess that’s what it’s there for.

If you are interested in the full version rather than soundbites, Carragher launches the Suárez conversation completely unprompted at 3 min 25 second on the 10 min video below

>> 

Oh yes. They fooled me good, the way they put that link in your post!

I'm not sure why "they" (whoever they are) want me to think that Carra never brought Suarez up, but I'm glad you're here to sort it out. 

Do you think that a discussion of racism between Evra and one of Suarez's team-mates could have avoided the subject? That if Carra hadn't brought it up, it wouldn't have been mentioned?

25 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Doesn't matter. Apologizing is just the decent thing to do even if it wasn't prompted. Actually, especially if it wasn't prompted because it doesn't look forced.

And there's some form of closure now because it was always a bad look to the outside that the club or someone there had never expressed regret for how the situation unfolded.

Yes it does, if you think he was apologising for something that didn't need to be apologised for, and that people were no longer talking about.

It's re-opening rather than closure, I think.

And, in my opinion, I don't think Carragher gives a fuck what it looks or looked like for the club.

He looks like he's in it for himself nowadays, to me.

And fair fucks to him for that, I guess.

He ain't speaking for my club - as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, lebron said:

Carragher is a xenophobe, his comments and actions towards Rafa and the other Spanish-speaking players at the time and later leaves little doubt about that. Him selling out now to stay on the Sky payroll is just a continuation of this. If it were up to Carra we would have Alan Curbishley, Hodgson or Eddie Howe managing us with a team of 11 British players.

To be honest I love it when little cunts like you out yourselves.  You support Rafa Benitez FC and not Liverpool so I don’t know why you still hover round on a Liverpool site.

He got fucked off years ago because he was taking the club backwards, whilst taking a fat contract from Hicks and Gillet and making a show of us.  The rumours that Gerrard and Carragher were part of it behind the scenes are my favourite bit.  The club wouldn’t be where it is without them.  He wouldn’t have last 12 months at the club either if it wasn’t for Carragher and Gerrard.  That fact rustles glory hunting gobshites like yourself and you can’t handle it.

• Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, skaro said:

Yes it does, if you think he was apologising for something that didn't need to be apologised for.

It did need to be apologized for. Any unbiased, reasonable person would realize that. And I'm talking about the whole of the situation, not some of the minute things that people questioned happened.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

It did need to be apologized for. Any unbiased, reasonable person would realize that. And I'm talking about the whole of the situation, not some minute thing that happened that some people question happened or have contention with.

I disagree with your unbiased, reasonable contention. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, skaro said:

People weren't talking about it.  Haven't, pretty much, since it happened.  Except on here.

Suarez's palpable, blatant and repeated biting, as well as his brilliant football, have and will always be much bigger talking points - for those who can continue to be arsed - than a contentious, questionable incident with a contentious, questionable opponent (read: twat) like Evra.

You missed Evans' article last week then?

5 minutes ago, skaro said:

I disagree with your unbiased, reasonable contention. 

This is a hilarious response and all but if you or others are in favour of forever ignoring a contentious racial issue (again whether you think it was racist or not is irrelevant, loads of people do) and think there's a statute of limitations on an incident being discussed/apologized for, that's just really dumb. I'll just leave it at that.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This is a hilarious response and all but if you or others are in favour of forever ignoring a contentious racial issue and think there's a statute of limitations on an incident being discussed/apologized for, that's just really dumb.

I'm not ignoring a contentious racial issue.

On the contrary, I'm actually saying it was a very, very, very contentious racial issue and its "conclusions" remain so.

And so I'm happy to move on from it.

4 minutes ago, skaro said:

Yep, I missed an article.  

Fair enough, it went kind of viral and was utterly myopic (throwing LFC and it's fans under the bus and suggesting blame for the rise in racial incidents, it was nonsense, but lauded as a great reflection on the events).  It definitely riled the issue back up and I think the Sky producers were clearly capitalising on that.  Point is, it hasn't just sprung from nowhere.

4 minutes ago, skaro said:

I'm not ignoring a contentious racial issue.

On the contrary, I'm actually saying it was a very, very, very contentious racial issue and its "conclusions" remain so.

And so I'm happy to move on from it.

You literally said it was a "re-opening" meaning you think it shouldn't have been discussed, so basically ignored. Can you not remember what you typed even 20 minutes ago? Jesus.

11 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Fair enough, it went kind of viral and was utterly myopic.  It definitely riled the issue back up and  

I think the Sky producers were clearly capitalising on that. 

Point is, it hasn't just sprung from nowhere.

And, my hunch is, Carragher was just playing along with this - rather than being sincere.

And I could of course be wrong.

30 minutes ago, The Guest said:

To be honest I love it when little cunts like you out yourselves.  You support Rafa Benitez FC and not Liverpool so I don’t know why you still hover round on a Liverpool site.

He got fucked off years ago because he was taking the club backwards, whilst taking a fat contract from Hicks and Gillet and making a show of us.  The rumours that Gerrard and Carragher were part of it behind the scenes are my favourite bit.  The club wouldn’t be where it is without them.  He wouldn’t have last 12 months at the club either if it wasn’t for Carragher and Gerrard.  That fact rustles glory hunting gobshites like yourself and you can’t handle it.

Decent first paragraph but the second makes you come across as big a tit as Lebron, in my opinion. Carragher, Gerrard and Benitez are all Liverpool legends. I couldn’t give a fuck about what did or didn’t go on behind the scenes and whether or not they got on. They all played an integral role in us winning number five.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You literally said it was a "re-opening" meaning you think it shouldn't have been discussed, so basically ignored. Can you not remember what you typed even 20 minutes ago? Jesus.

No, you're doing all the surmising and pretexting here, Jesus.

But I'm happy for you to be right in all this - after all, it's only opinions.

It is 12.55am here in Australia - so I concede defeat.

You're right, Jamie should have apologised.  

It will make all the difference, and provide us all with closure on this matter - one that should be discussed.

Goodnight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Oh yes. They fooled me good, the way they put that link in your post!

I'm not sure why "they" (whoever they are) want me to think that Carra never brought Suarez up, but I'm glad you're here to sort it out. 

Do you think that a discussion of racism between Evra and one of Suarez's team-mates could have avoided the subject? That if Carra hadn't brought it up, it wouldn't have been mentioned?

The link I cited was in the post - you simply aren’t intelligent enough to process the information. So much so that you posted multiple times, even though you could have just stopped the first time you were shown to be an idiot, and separately continued to shop the line that Carragher had no choice but to engage in the conversation. But idiots are as idiots do. One last time, so it really sinks in — Jamie Carragher initiated the conversation on Suarez. Jamie Carragher did not respond to the conversation on Suarez.

I think it was a pre-orchestrated conversation where Carragher pimped his career-association with Liverpool FC to get a few bites of quick, good publicity given his stock fell significantly with the general public when he was removed from TV for spitting in the aim of continuing his Sky TV rehabilitation. That’s my thought, simply put. No need for me to post again on the matter - it’s boring now.

3 hours ago, lebron said:

Carragher is a xenophobe, his comments and actions towards Rafa and the other Spanish-speaking players at the time and later leaves little doubt about that. Him selling out now to stay on the Sky payroll is just a continuation of this. If it were up to Carra we would have Alan Curbishley, Hodgson or Eddie Howe managing us with a team of 11 British players.

Remember his comments about how his brothers couldn't get jobs because of all the foreigners?

Dear World,

On behalf of all of us at TLW, I would like to offer my most sincere apologies for the apology Jamie 'Carra' Carragher made on Sky Television regarding the Luis Suarez T-Shirt support campaign. Whilst we admit the optics of the campaign might be regrettable, we maintain our long standing opinion that Evra is a complete shithouse liar. For that, we make no apology, you bunch of snivelling, fat, stupid, fat, snivelling pricks. 

TLW

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1