You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie apologises to evra for Suarez t shirt protest.

dockers_strike

He was always pretty odious and self serving. Legs went years before he finally gave up the chase here. Wasn’t a voice against H&G. Nothing new or surprising to this really. Just doing/saying what benefits him most in grand scheme of things.

6 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I thought the t shirt thing was after the accusations were made but before then ban?

After the ban, but before the report was published.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16173145

There should have been club reps preventing it from happening.  Carra was right and he should have said something if he really wasn't on board with the idea.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

Some of you don't take any prisoners. Fucking hell. 

It’s a sore memory. The way the club totally turned their back on their own (Suarez) hurt people who’s brought up to live by another moral standard. It hurts because we’re a part of the club, and despise we didn’t keep our head up high. Now Carra opens the wounds.

Just now, JustTosh said:

It’s a sore memory. The way the club totally turned their back on their own (Suarez) hurt people who’s brought up to live by another moral standard. It hurts because we’re a part of the club, and despise we didn’t keep our head up high. Now Carra opens the wounds.

And after they backed him, he still continued to bite people and agitate for moves every summer. He can fuck off. 

• Upvote 4

At the time I was all for going to the ECJ, with the passing of time we have to accept Ferguson played us like a tin whistle. 

Carragher had literally one option last night and he took it. Was he to say live on air "Patrice you're a cunt and a liar"? He is that, we know that and I'm sure Carra does too but we need to accept they won that particular battle.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RobbieOR said:

And after they backed him, he still continued to bite people and agitate for moves every summer. He can fuck off. 

After they backed him? In what way did LFC back Suarez after the Evra incident? I mean apart from the Tshirt stunt you obviously think was wrong.

As far as I'm concerned LFC turned it's back toi Suarez back then. Suarez later turned his back to the club. 

2 hours ago, Johnlj said:

He can quite simply fuck off down the Michael Owen way. He's gradually become a Sky muppet, and now he is fucking off loyalty towards the club. We got shafted by the mancs and FA and now he is apologetic towards one of the most cuntish players to play in the league.

He probably reads the s*n aswell, fucking muppet. Just plain fuck off.

Weird man, you are. The epitome of the kind of knob that fans of other clubs mock us for having as supporters. Strange Scando bloke that pays hundreds for tickets and always talks about ‘bitters’ and ‘chelshit’ whilst trying too hard. If you’re on Twitter I bet you sign off on all your Tweets with a #YNWA at the end. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

.... but Carra is right. It was embarrassing. ......

You say that as if it was an established fact. Well, it's not, it's a matter of opinion. I don't see the T-shirt thing as an embarassement. On the contrary, I believe kenny got it right.

3 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

At the time I was more annoyed at the double standards that seemed to apply. I had no issue with Suarez being banned if he had used the words but Evra (from memory) admitted also using derogatory terms about Suarez’s ethnicity so if true they were both equally as guilty and it didn’t seem right that one got painted as the criminal and the other as the victim. Poor all round though.

This is the bit I couldn't understand at the time, and still don't!

Evra started the whole thing by questioning Suarez's ethnicity IN SPANISH, and then played the victim by "misunderstanding" Suarez's retort.

Not to mention the Evra video that surfaced a bit after where he's shouting "Nigger!".

Horrible human being.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

After they backed him? In what way did LFC back Suarez after the Evra incident? I mean apart from the Tshirt stunt you obviously think was wrong.

As far as I'm concerned LFC turned it's back toi Suarez back then. Suarez later turned his back to the club. 

Go back and have a look at what Dalglish was saying at the time. He constantly went out to bat for him. The way we behaved at the time was wrong. Evra is a prick but the siege mentality the club created at the time albeit with good intentions didn't help anybody and probably made the situation worse. 

On French radio after that game Evra said that Suarez had called him 'nigger' ten times. That was a lie. Evra is a liar. Why would anyone feel the need to apologise for taking sides against a liar?

Evra and Ferguson both lied to the referee after the game. The resulting hearing found that Suarez, based 'on the balance of probabillities' did abuse Evra. So no racism was ever acrually proven against Suarez. What exactly is Carragher apologising for? Wearing a t-shirt that supported a team mate who was at that time being condemned throughout the media as a racist, without a shred of reliable evidnce to prove that allegation?  

Evra had a history of calling out racism where it didn't exist - remember the Chelsea groundman incident? -and for the FA to condemn Suarez on the word of a proven liar merely on some dragged from their arse criteria was as shameful as racist abuse.

Carragher is now Sky's bitch and he will do anything that he feels may please his paymasters. It makes you want to spit.

• Upvote 12

Guest Pistonbroke
3 hours ago, skaro said:

He's spat at people.  His opinions about morality are null and void.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Sorry, but Carragher can fuck off. And that is all I have to say on the matter.

Pretty much sums things up. 

Carra should have just told Sky don’t have him on.  It’s too sensitive a subject and Evra has made a cunt out of himself plenty of times since.

What Carra said though was hardly controversial.  He will know Suarez a lot better than any of us and he watched him screw the club over to force his way out and then recently act the complete cunt in a tie against us.  Why would he continue to defend him if he thinks it makes him and the club look bad?

Some of the comments about him on here are beyond embarrassing.  He’s the best football pundit on television by a country mile.  I don’t agree with everything he says but he never hides from giving his opinion and is fairly consistent.  You sound like fucking mancs.

• Downvote 2

Luis Suarez is a racist in the same way that Jeremy Corbyn is a terrorist. ie. Not at fucking all. But we all know how the truth flies out the window when a  corrupt media gets hold of it when it doesn't suit their narrative.

After the whole shameful spit-gate episode Jamie should have kept his head down but when doorstepped by Evra and his own Sky tv buddies he should have grown a pair, bucked the trend and told the truth; for all of his flaws, Suarez did fuck all wrong and he was shafted by the press, the FA, the PFA. And one more thing, Patrice Evra - Fuck You!

Sadly  though, the commitment and integrity which Carragher was renown for on the pitch, off it? Not so much.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

There should have been club reps preventing it from happening.  Carra was right and he should have said something if he really wasn't on board with the idea.

Was right?  What's to say he didn't think completely differently at the time, and has just changed his mind now because he thinks it opportunistic or politically correct, or he wants a Murdoch salary, or he's really an Everton supporter, or whatever.

We have no idea what he thought at the time - just what he supposedly thinks now.

For instance, at the time, we'd have never thought in a million years that he'd spit at someone.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, skaro said:

Was right?  What's to say he didn't think completely differently at the time, and has just changed his mind now because he thinks it opportunistic or politically correct, or he wants a Murdoch salary, or he's really an Everton supporter, or whatever.

We have no idea what he thought at the time - just what he supposedly thinks now.

For instance, at the time, we'd have never thought in a million years that he'd spit at someone.

To be honest I thought at the time that it was a bit of a silly thing to do.