You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Genk (A) Champions League - 23/10

Bjornebye

I doubt that combination of a back five has ever lined up together for us, which might explain how we’ve been caught out a few times. 

On this half’s evidence, people were getting a bit overexcited about Keita knocking it about in front of United’s 11-man defence on Sunday. He’s been anonymous again so far tonight, which isn’t much of a departure from the past. 

Big Adam surely gets 45 minutes. 

Any type of win will do tonight. 

• Upvote 1

We're a bag of rags to be honest given the amount of possession we've had. Blessed not to concede and I think we've unbalanced ourselves with all the changes. Salah, ox and lovren not covering, are all off it and keita too. Ball is bouncing off everyone bar Bobby. 

I've said it before that the champions league ball seems way bouncier than the prem ball. We couldn't control it at Napoli either. Mad I know but I'm trying to be generous as to why most of our lads can't control it in their 3rd.

Frustrating!

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Mediocre performance that so far, it’s worrying how easy they seem to create chances against us.

They've had runners but not too many clear chances. Still worrying how we seem to commit 9 players forward. And still can't break them down or bury decent chances.

If that linesman who Keown has been sucking off all game actually got his finger out and flagged actual blindingly obvious offsides then we wouldn’t look half as bad.  This is one for the critics of the workmen midfield though they clearly provide a lot more protection to the full backs than people realise.

• Upvote 1