You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Genk (A) Champions League - 23/10

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke

If Salah is still out I'd like to see him change things up formation wise in this game. Origi should be up for this against his fellow Belgiums, could be a case of playing him up front and giving Bobby a rest. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I was trying to fit Brewster in with Origi out left but wanted to make it as strong as possible.

Origi is a weird one, looks a totally different player out on the left when coming on late rather than starting. Probably because he has licence to drift further in field instead of trying to hug the wing. It could be something klopp is working on with the lad so he gets game time, as in trying to take on RB's and getting crosses in. Thing is, the lad has scored some important goals and clearly puts the effort in, I just don#t think he's good enough to start in that position, it also takes away the threat of Mane from that side, and he's one of the best players in the World atm. 

We definitely need to make some changes but I disagree with the idea of wholesale changes. Here's what I'd do, assuming Mo is back.

Alison

Trent Matip VVD Robbo

Wijnaldum Milner

Oxlade Keita Mane

Salah

I think Milner comes in and he rests the brazillians. I don't think he'll start both Ox and Keita, but at least one of them. If he only starts one of them, I think he'll play this:

Alison

Trent Matip VVD Robbo

Wijnaldum Milner

Keita or Ox

Salah Mane Origi

Would be very surprised if Lallana starts, but he performed well enough yesterday that I'd be less disheartened about it than normal. If he does start then it's in place of one of Naby or Keita in the above formations.

7 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Wouldn’t be too harsh on Div yesterday, we were absolutely fucking autricious in the middle of the park, thankless task for our forwards. Mo, Salah and a Bobby have regularly stank the place out at OT, and yeah he scored 2 against Barca and scored the one that sealed number 6.

Don’t think the midfielders did too much wrong if I’m honest. The forwards kept giving the ball away especially in the first half.

42 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Don’t think the midfielders did too much wrong if I’m honest. The forwards kept giving the ball away especially in the first half.

Both full-backs and Matip were like a tribute act to our Hodgson era in that first half too. 

Guest Pistonbroke
22 hours ago, sir roger said:

Ha Ha, you've over 6000 posts on here Suzy , this shouldn't come as a massive shock to you surely ?

It's Suzy and not Shirley. 

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Trent and Matip out.  Looks like Gomez and Lovren in 

I'd rather see oxo cube at right back,  ours are more or less wing backs anyway. 

That's the only position oxo cube has ever looked remotely consistent in and sticking a centre back out there is pointless. 

• Downvote 2

Think he'll rest both Wijnaldum and Henderson tomorrow, they both had full 180 mins in the international break too. If Matip and Trent are out I think we'll see;

-------------------Adrian-------------------

Gomez----Lovren-----Virgil------Milner

-----Ox-----Fabinho------Keita------

-----Lallana------Mane------Origi--------

Doubt we'll risk Salah unless we're losing. That team should be enough to see off the Belgians anyway.

Perhaps we'll get a curveball or two? Robbo needs a rest, so Milner or Gomez play LB unless he throws in Larouci?

Paris, who we're  better than in my opinion, went to the Belgian league leaders tonight, who are ten points clear of genk, and hammered them 5 nil!

I'd love klopp to just let the leash off tomorrow night and just say "have at them lads".

Just attack the fuckers, get a good lead and then a few changes.