You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tattoos

Ken Robber

Went and got the Mòtorhead snaggletooth on my upper arm this afternoon. First time getting inked as well since I've never had the disposable income (or the balls) to get it done sooner so I'm made up. 

Anyone else on the forum have tattoo's? Do you think they should have a meaning or do you think it doesn't matter as long as it looks boss?

IMG_20191012_162628_558.jpg

• Upvote 3

hqdefault.jpg

“Ahh-ahhh! You have a woman’s arms, m’lord! I’ll wager these dainty pink slabs never weighed anchor in a storm.

Your skin m’lord. I’ll wager its ne’er felt the lash of a cat ‘o’ nine tails, been rubbed with salt, and then flayed off by a pirate chief to make fine stockings for his best cabin boy.”

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m not into tattoos at all. Had a couple done in my early twenties and really regret them. They’re everywhere nowadays, aren’t they? People with full sleeves of all kinds of shite. Some of the portrait ones are impressive, but I’d never get any more.

Same here to a certain extent. Have two Tattoos, one on each forearm, if I had the choice these days I probably wouldn't have them, especially on the forearms. I always fancied one of those cyborg/bio mechanical Tattoos over my upper arm, shoulder and down the back which make it look like the flesh has been peeled back to reveal the workings. Too old now though, plus i'd rather spend the couple of grand it would cost on other things which are more important to the family and myself. 

Yeah, I see what you all mean. I almost didn't get this done but felt I should at least try it once to see if I like it. That's also why I got it done on the upper arm so if I regret it it's not visible unless I roll my sleeves up

That said, I'm still buzzin'. Always loved the design of the snaggletooth and thought it looked boss on tattoo's

• Upvote 1

I can probably count on one hand the amount of tattoos I've thought look genuinely good on others but came up with the below his and her concept that my Mrs and I got done and 5 years on still rate them:

604119_10152760665696001_273370511576947

By sheer luck the single tattoo when flipped upside down still looks like a Batman outline

7 hours ago, Ken Robber said:

Sorry, for some reason this threads been posted twice. Can a mod please delete the other thread?

Not only that, I’ve sorted the apostrophe crime too! It’s a two-for-one deal. How’s that for service? You’re welcome. 

• Upvote 5

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

So, having ordered a few school bits (prizes for the kids, post it's, other things my school won't pay for) from a Chinese supplier, I needed to spend an extra quid to get free p&p. I was suggested some transfers tattoos which I thought would make it daughter laugh. Like the ones you uses to get in sweets and that. 

I applied them yesterday and could barely see them. Never mind, thinks I, pound wasted. 

As the day progressed they started to appear, there's no film to scratch off. 

Having actually gone back and read the description of the product, it appears I've bought, and applied, temporary tattoos to my hands which will last for around 2 weeks. 

Back in school on Monday and MrsD can't stop laughing at me. 

20230829_111421.jpg

• Haha 8
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

So, having ordered a few school bits (prizes for the kids, post it's, other things my school won't pay for) from a Chinese supplier, I needed to spend an extra quid to get free p&p. I was suggested some transfers tattoos which I thought would make it daughter laugh. Like the ones you uses to get in sweets and that. 

I applied them yesterday and could barely see them. Never mind, thinks I, pound wasted. 

Having actually gone back and read the description of the product, it appears I've bought, and applied, temporary tattoos to my hands which will last for around 2 weeks. 

20230829_111421.jpg

Could have been worse, you could have stuck them on your face for a laugh!

11 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

20230829_111421.jpg

Only reading the tattoos post as I'm bored and thought I'd visit a thread I've never read,this deserves more rep.

Have you considered getting them done permanently?