You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Customer service

Carvalho Diablo

Just needed to buy a new tumble dryer so shopped around online and bought one from AO.com. I suppose it's a sad indictment of our time when I was completely struck by just how unusually fantastic their customer service was, in relation to the usual shite which we sadly seem to take for granted these days.

Friendly, informed, helpful, flexible, punctual; both the AO telephone guys and their delivery people. A beacon in a sea of wankerishness.

A thread in which to share your experiences of customer service, both good and bad...

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Sky are shite, but no surprise really.

My TV/Phone/Internet provider, Unitymedia, have been great over the years. However, they have just gone into a partnership with Vodafone, so I'm guessing things are going to go downhill pretty quickly.

Amazon have always been great in my personal opinion.  

Guest Pistonbroke

I was reading an article yesterday about Hull having the fastest internet connection in the UK after announcing it has City-wide full fibre broadband coverage. The company behind it all is KCOM, a friend of mine works for them and she said they are brilliant. Just goes to show what is possible and how many people are being ripped off and receive shitty customer service to boot. Ironically the Item i was reading was on Sky News. 

10 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I was reading an article yesterday about Hull having the fastest internet connection in the UK after announcing it has City-wide full fibre broadband coverage. The company behind it all is KCOM, a friend of mine works for them and she said they are brilliant. Just goes to show what is possible and how many people are being ripped off and receive shitty customer service to boot. Ironically the Item i was reading was on Sky News. 

Hull has to have something to boast about, I guess. 

41 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just needed to buy a new tumble dryer so shopped around online and bought one from AO.com. I suppose it's a sad indictment of our time when I was completely struck by just how unusually fantastic their customer service was, in relation to the usual shite which we sadly seem to take for granted these days.

Friendly, informed, helpful, flexible, punctual; both the AO telephone guys and their delivery people. A beacon in a sea of wankerishness.

A thread in which to share your experiences of customer service, both good and bad...

Totally agree. AO are excellent. 

BG have just announced their Customer Service  call centres will only be open 9-5.  That could be the death knell.  

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
17 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Does Captain Kirk come from Hull? 

He lives in the Ull of a ship.

Also forgot to mention to Shep that AO get a bonus mark for using The Ramones music in their adds. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Sky are shite, but no surprise really.

My TV/Phone/Internet provider, Unitymedia, have been great over the years. However, they have just gone into a partnership with Vodafone, so I'm guessing things are going to go downhill pretty quickly.

Amazon have always been great in my personal opinion.  

Sounds like an STD that.

In the middle of getting a tattoo done as I write this so needed to make sure I ate before going in. Only option available was KFC, first time I've been in one for six months. 

I'm convinced it's an inside joke for them to never get your order right. Constantly missing dips and sides even when you've paid for them. Anyone here ever worked at one to give some insight?

I've had some boss ones over the years: 

- Spotify (forgot to cancel and got charged for 2nd month, customer service initially said I'd streamed content when I hadn't so found CEO's email online and pinged him an email) - 6 months free and sent a 'gift' in the post which turned out to be some UrbanEars headphones which were about £80 at the time. 

- Premier Inn - good night guarantee means that if you hear any noise in the night that disturbs you (no matter how small) they'll usually always refund your stay. Visited Edinburgh a year or so ago when all of Cumbria was flooded, managed to get my entire train journey up there refunded due to delays and my entire 4-night stay too. 

- Amazon - Boss when you've got Amazon prime, will usually replace anything too. Bought some rechargeable batteries from them recently and they leaked causing some damage to some of my stuff. They gave me a gift card that covered the full extent of the damage (~£70). 

- Goggles4u.co.uk - Cheap specs anyway but you can search by size on their website too (e.g. 50-20-140 etc) and any issues they'll usually replace them. Dropped mine recently and they've replaced them without any question.  

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
18 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Amazon - Boss when you've got Amazon prime, will usually replace anything too. Bought some rechargeable batteries from them recently and they leaked causing some damage to some of my stuff. They gave me a gift card that covered the full extent of the damage (~£70). 

Amazon are great, as I also mentioned earlier.

I've been on Amazon Prime for years now, so not sure if that makes a difference. If you order something using Prime and it doesn't arrive on the day they say just give them a call and they'll add a free month to your Prime subscription. I order a lot of stuff as family members get me to search for stuff they need but have little technical idea about and order it via Prime. You can guarantee that one item out of ten won't be delivered on the day they say. I haven't had to pay my Prime sub for the best part of two years and after checking it is next due in Feb 2020.  I've ordered a few TV#s via Amazon and had to ring them due to Pixel being shot, nothing that you notice unless you move up real close and inspect it, they always knock 50 notes off the price (transfer the notes to your bank) and don't even ask for photographic proof. 

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

They seem to have improved a hell of a lot over the years. We lived in Hull or nearby for about 15 years and they were absolutely terrible in the late '90s, early 2000s. Around that time, a friend lasted just 3 months working for them as they were so badly run. They seemed to get their act together around 2008 or so, providing slightly expensive but rock solid and fast broadband and their customer service finally moved on from the bored, rude drones you always got when calling them. They're an effective monopoly in Hull and the surrounding areas, so it's good to see they aren't completely taking the piss.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

They seem to have improved a hell of a lot over the years. We lived in Hull or nearby for about 15 years and they were absolutely terrible in the late '90s, early 2000s. Around that time, a friend lasted just 3 months working for them as they were so badly run. They seemed to get their act together around 2008 or so, providing slightly expensive but rock solid and fast broadband and their customer service finally moved on from the bored, rude drones you always got when calling them. They're an effective monopoly in Hull and the surrounding areas, so it's good to see they aren't completely taking the piss.

This friend of mine said they decided to use local people for their customer service teams and the quality improved dramatically. 

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Risky tactic. People from Hull are utter cunts...

I've always had a decent time when I've visited. Mind you, not been there for the best part of 12 years. Plus when we were out and about we always had a few of Hulls players tagging along as my mates Sister used to be married to Andy Payton their Striker at the time. 

4 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Amazon are great, as I also mentioned earlier.

I've been on Amazon Prime for years now, so not sure if that makes a difference. If you order something using Prime and it doesn't arrive on the day they say just give them a call and they'll add a free month to your Prime subscription. I order a lot of stuff as family members get me to search for stuff they need but have little technical idea about and order it via Prime. You can guarantee that one item out of ten won't be delivered on the day they say. I haven't had to pay my Prime sub for the best part of two years and after checking it is next due in Feb 2020.  I've ordered a few TV#s via Amazon and had to ring them due to Pixel being shot, nothing that you notice unless you move up real close and inspect it, they always knock 50 notes off the price (transfer the notes to your bank) and don't even ask for photographic proof. 

Yeah so basically all Amazon warehouse employees are on 2 quid an hour 12 hour shifts with no breaks because you cunts keep stubbing your toe.