Quantcast
Turkey - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheHowieLama

Turkey

Recommended Posts

At least 22 people died and hundreds were injured in eastern Turkey after an earthquake rattled the region on Friday evening, according to authorities.

The 6.7-magnitude quake struck near the town of Sivrice, in eastern Elazig province, collapsing at least 10 buildings, Turkish Interior Minister Sulyman Soylu said.
Eighteen people were killed in Elazig province and four in Malatya, said Soylu at a news conference on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A member of NATO currently occupying bits of Cyprus, Syria and Iraq and now sending jihadi mercenaries to Libya. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aws said:

A member of NATO currently occupying bits of Cyprus, Syria and Iraq and now sending jihadi mercenaries to Libya. 

You're going to have to narrow it down a bit.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

You're going to have to narrow it down a bit.

Fair enough.  Should have said ethnically cleansing instead of occupying.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to 90% of the millions of saplings planted in Turkey as part of a record-breaking mass planting project may have died after just a few months, according to the country’s agriculture and forestry trade union.

On 11 November last year, which the government declared National Forestation Day, 11 million trees were planted by volunteers in more than 2,000 sites across the country, including by the Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, and the parliament Speaker, Mustafa Şentop.

The government-backed programme broke the world record for the most trees planted in one hour in a single location, with 303,150 saplings planted in the northern Anatolian city of Çorum.

The head of the union claimed, however, that 90% of the saplings his teams have inspected so far have died because of insufficient water. Speaking to the Guardian, Şükrü Durmuş attributed the deaths to the saplings being planted at “the wrong time” and “not by experts”, as well as a lack of rainfall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Up to 90% of the millions of saplings planted in Turkey as part of a record-breaking mass planting project may have died after just a few months, according to the country’s agriculture and forestry trade union.

On 11 November last year, which the government declared National Forestation Day, 11 million trees were planted by volunteers in more than 2,000 sites across the country, including by the Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, and the parliament Speaker, Mustafa Şentop.

The government-backed programme broke the world record for the most trees planted in one hour in a single location, with 303,150 saplings planted in the northern Anatolian city of Çorum.

The head of the union claimed, however, that 90% of the saplings his teams have inspected so far have died because of insufficient water. Speaking to the Guardian, Şükrü Durmuş attributed the deaths to the saplings being planted at “the wrong time” and “not by experts”, as well as a lack of rainfal

That's close to my success rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Punch Up in Parliament

 

Fighting broke out in Turkey's parliament after an MP criticised President Erdogan over the country's military intervention in Syria.

 

You'd think they'd let poor Erdogan develop his plans for some type of Ottoman Empire Islamic extremist cult in peace. But no, there's always some rabble causing problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Punch Up in Parliament

 

Fighting broke out in Turkey's parliament after an MP criticised President Erdogan over the country's military intervention in Syria.

 

Fearless Turkish women MPs in the middle. Impressive.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×