You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Turkey

TheHowieLama

57 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Turkey have just bombed some US Special Forces. 4 hours after US General said that all Americans were safe as Turkey had their exact coordinates. 

One news outlet reporting it saying it happened ages ago.... Media blackout no doubt 

Hundreds of foreigners affiliated with the Islamic State group (IS) have escaped from a camp in northern Syria amid a Turkish offensive, Kurdish officials say.

They say detainees attacked gates at the Ain Issa displacement camp as fighting raged nearby.

Well that is not good -- Cadet Bonespurs might not have thought this through.

55 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

Kurds love hairdressing... nice people I've found and cheap hair cuts. Always preferred holidays in Greece so fuck Turkey... 

They make me do slightly nervous when they get their cut throat razor out.

Headed that way next spring.

Didn't check to see what was on while I'd be there--happened to pick the week bracketing May 30th.

I'm taking it as an omen.

Though word is the Kurds have reached an agreement with Assad's Syria (with Russia lurking in the background) that has Assad sending troops to man the entire northern border.

Looks like I should have bought some trip insurance.

15 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Headed that way next spring.

Didn't check to see what was on while I'd be there--happened to pick the week bracketing May 30th.

I'm taking it as an omen.

Though word is the Kurds have reached an agreement with Assad's Syria (with Russia lurking in the background) that has Assad sending troops to man the entire northern border.

Looks like I should have bought some trip insurance.

Here's a chance for you to be the one responding to the  BBC News' "are you in the area, have you been affected or witnessed anything" call. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Here's a chance for you to be the one responding to the  BBC News' "are you in the area, have you been affected or witnessed anything" call. 

"Currently holed up in my hotel room as I have just seen a man have beans on his breakfast. Oh and their is a bog on the lawn out the front" 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, SasaS said:

"There are Reds everywhere! They're advancing up the street below me. The noise is incredible. It's scaring the hell out of the locals. One's just planted a giant red flag atop the Hagia Sofia! Another has driven a tank through the gates of Topkapi palace....no, hold on, it's just a taxi that's hit a telephone pole in the rush to escape. A third has draped a banner over a statue of Ataturk--it's got some sort of Green Jesus on it. No idea what that means--maybe some sort of code. Anyway, it's total anarchy here, and I'm heading out to join in."

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

"There are Reds everywhere! They're advancing up the street below me. The noise is incredible. It's scaring the hell out of the locals. One's just planted a giant red flag atop the Hagia Sofia! Another has driven a tank through the gates of Topkapi palace....no, hold on, it's just a taxi that's hit a telephone pole in the rush to escape. A third has draped a banner over a statue of Ataturk--it's got some sort of Green Jesus on it. No idea what that means--maybe some sort of code. Anyway, it's total anarchy here, and I'm heading out to join in."

Outstanding