You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Turkey

TheHowieLama

Guest Pistonbroke
14 minutes ago, Elite said:

Every Kurdish bloke I've  ever met must think I'm their employer, as they keep calling me "Boss."

The Kurds over here are far more polite and friendly than most Turks. 

On 08/10/2019 at 02:28, TheHowieLama said:

What should we make of it?

Basically, it’s a distraction from the chaos of a clean break brexit.
Turkey of course is a member of NATO, so it’s all been sanctioned, and orchestrated.

Anonymous sources close to the UN General Secretary, the Pentagon, Trump and a further source who wishes to remain anonymous close to No10 - as well as documents leaked from Hillary Clinton’s private servers, have all indicated it will blow over in time for the coverage of the next extinction rebellion protest.

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Straight in there bombing the Kurds.

Just been reading about that on the BBC news website. Yet again they end an article with the 'Are you there, if it is safe to do so then contact us via have your say etc. You can leave a number if you want to talk to a Journalist blah blah blah' Lazy bastards. 

Always been tempted to contact them.

'Hello, Sammy here. I'm in the area enjoying a nice kebab...oh, hang on, incoming bomb......Fuck that was close, nearly dropped my Kebab.'

Probably get 10 years imprisonment though. 

13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just been reading about that on the BBC news website. Yet again they end an article with the 'Are you there, if it is safe to do so then contact us via have your say etc. You can leave a number if you want to talk to a Journalist blah blah blah' Lazy bastards. 

Always been tempted to contact them.

'Hello, Sammy here. I'm in the area enjoying a nice kebab...oh, hang on, incoming bomb......Fuck that was close, nearly dropped my Kebab.'

Probably get 10 years imprisonment though. 

To be fair given the number of journalists who were/are opining on the Syrian conflict from comfortable surrounds in Istanbul as a 'Middle east correspondent', your insight would carry as much weight as theirs.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely dreadful the way the Kurds have been sold down the river (though it was in the pipeline for a long time), no doubt when they are oppressed by another non-aligned regime the west need to overthrow for oil money concern will grow again and 'intervention' to save the Kurds will creep back on the cards.

• Upvote 1