You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) 20/10/19 - Premier League

Bjornebye

They're set up to defend deep and play on the counter with pace with Rashford, James and Martial if he's fit. That's tactically inept against the dross of the league as it gives no method for breaking teams down who want to sit deep and let you have the ball. It might work against some better teams though as it's basically Hodgson's Palace blueprint.

First goal is massive. If we get it I can see us playing the same sort of spoiling game we played against Spurs in the final knowing they lack the creativity to break us down if we stay organised.

• Upvote 2

In a blow for us, Pogba is almost certain to miss the game. 

Paul Pogba looks certain to miss next Sunday's crunch clash against Liverpool, with Manchester United medics fearing he could be sidelined until at least the end of October. Sportsmail revealed earlier this week that the France midfielder had arrived in Dubai to complete a warm weather rehabilitation programme at the state-of-the-art Transform Altitude Performance Center in hope of accelerating his recovery from a foot injury.

7 minutes ago, φαίνω said:

Paul Pogba looks certain to miss next Sunday's crunch clash against Liverpool, with Manchester United medics fearing he could be sidelined until at least the end of October. Sportsmail revealed earlier this week that the France midfielder had arrived in Dubai to complete a warm weather rehabilitation programme at the state-of-the-art Transform Altitude Performance Center in hope of accelerating his recovery from a foot injury.

Pogba >>>>> McTominay and Matic put together, so that’s fantastic news for us.

1 hour ago, φαίνω said:

He's the kind of fella that could do something world class in a game so it's good for us.

He's not world class and is a liability in a lot of games against top class players by virtue of the fact that instead of Vidal, Pirlo or Kante to cover for him, he has mediocre players. 

However, he could still score a worldie or play a great defence splitting pass. Given the alternatives they have, it's good news.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Solksjaer would only have played him as a DM ahead of the defence anyway, a position where he isn't very good and also a liability in how easy he loses the ball. 

9 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I hear Rashford won the clubs MUFC goal of the month competition for September.

Because he scored the teams only goal of September and that was a penalty.

Not, quite that bad, I checked because it made me laugh. McTominay scores against Arsenal in the league. So he won by virtue of scoring their only in play goal of the month, astonishing’

They also scored against the mighty Rochdale in the Milk Cup...

Its amazing how bad they are.

11 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I'm still not into it.

I stopped watching Man Utd games in 2009 and I stopped watching Liverpool-Man Utd games entirely in 2015 .

It was the best decision I've made this decade and I can't recommend it enough.

I stopped as well, unless I was actually at the game, but I did watch the Anfield game  last season and we won, so I may watch this time.

• Upvote 1

Bobby got an hour against Nigeria and fab only ten mins today. Both now have a week to prepare for this. 

Netherlands away to Belarus, Scotland home to San Marino, both at 5 so hopefully robbo, virgil and gini come through unscathed so that'll be everyone bar the England lads back by the morning. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/10/2019 at 10:21, φαίνω said:

Paul Pogba looks certain to miss next Sunday's crunch clash against Liverpool, with Manchester United medics fearing he could be sidelined until at least the end of October. Sportsmail revealed earlier this week that the France midfielder had arrived in Dubai to complete a warm weather rehabilitation programme at the state-of-the-art Transform Attitude Performance Center in hope of accelerating his recovery from having a shit attitude. 

Fixed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

I was just about to mention this. 

The United fans I know are in fucking meltdown!  

With what justification in all seriousness? Not fucking ONE of their lot would start for us, not one! Pogba, at his best and in form would, I suppose, but he's injured and woefully out of form.