You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) 20/10/19 - Premier League

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

To be fair to him, he is fair normally. I actually like seeing him and carra reacting like that for the goals. They both love their clubs.

Yep

Just now, El Rojo said:

Tyler is far more biased towards Manchester United than Neville is. 

Sadly true

My overriding feeling is of disappointment. We were so timid and sloppy for the first hour. Those deep crosses - that's not the team I've watched for the past three years. 

Fair play to Klopp for getting the subs right. Ox, lallana and Keita were all excellent when they came on. 

Dust ourselves down and give Tottenham a hiding. 

It's not the worst result in the world but the performance was poor and once again we shit the bed against a dreadful Man United team. The referee was a twat and fucked us over but that doesn't excuse the performance. We had our strongest team except Salah, while they are in poor form and missing a number of players and once again we failed to win there. We beat much better Man U teams at Old Trafford in the past so it's a mystery to me why we have struggled against arguably the worst United team in living memory. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

How most of you can be so arsed about refereeing when there isn't something egregious called or missed, I have no idea. And there was nothing egregious in that game. It's all 50/50 stuff. You could basically have a problem with every game if you nitpick every single decision. It must be exhausting. 

But it is true that the implementation of VAR is beyond comical at this point, although I think it's kind of irrelevant in this game. Pointing out issues with VAR and refereeing in general after that performance misses the point and Klopp's comments aren't going to be taken seriously/will look salty. 

Dont know about others, but on my part I’m arsed because if the officials had got the very basic decision right to give the foul on Origi we might have gotten three points from a very average performance. Which could be decisive come May. 

23 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

One day this will be as shameful as sexism.

There'll be an end to insults like :-

• thieving scouse bastards
  • 'kick a ginger' day
  • tight-ass jock cunts
  • sheepshaggers
  • gaylords
  • etc

...and probably we'll have to concede that Manchester isn't full of shit, shit and more shit.

20 minutes ago, Jennings said:

One day this will be as shameful as sexism.

There'll be an end to insults like :-

• thieving scouse bastards
  • 'kick a ginger' day
  • tight-ass jock cunts
  • sheepshaggers
  • gaylords
  • etc

...and probably we'll have to concede that Manchester isn't full of shit, shit and more shit.

I cringe when we sing that song

• Upvote 1

The most loathsome fixture of the season out of the way.

United get to make their souvenir video of a heroic point - they're the new, true Blue noses of Manchester.

Expect similar resistance and problems at Goodison.

We're Everton AND United's Cup Finals nowadays.

That's just the way it is.  

I seriously just can't wait for the OT fixture to be over and done with, every year.

Whereas I really look forward, for instance, to the challenge of playing away to City.

This hateful game is done with - and we didn't lose.

I'm fucking made up.

• Upvote 2

When you have a close game score wise, a game where you allow that turd Atkinson to be able to have an impact on the game, he will fuck you. Yesterday was perfect for him. The little goblin faced cretin that clings on to his job at that shit hole praised the ref, he should do, Atkinson was by far their best player and even had an assist. 

40 minutes ago, chrisbrand said:

Looking at Darren Fletcher's analysis on the BBC, it would seem yesterday was some sort of tactical masterclass by the Rice Krispie kid.

And there was me thinking Liverpool just didn't play well.

Well we always knew he was full of shit but it seems it's now coming out of his mouth as well.

I can't bear watching this fixture and yet I can't not watch. Found myself watching eight early minutes of the first half on my moby. At that point we were shocking and they were up for it. I saw loads of decisions go their way and none ours. I watched Hendo doing all the things that make me sad. I saw Origi being basically shit and reflected on how amazing, how pivotal two of his goals were last season when almost everything else I watched him do was dogshit. I switched off when I saw Bobby's worst ever shot go screaming into hyperspace. I heard it ended up 1-1. I don't care we're still unbeaten, we've lost our winning streak and those cunts did it. They and their supporters will be fucking rocking. I became even more deranged in my hatred of united. 

Didn't watch MOTD, but read the last 30 or so pages of this thread this morning. 

The overall trend was that:

• We were crap.
  • Origi and Hendo notably so.
  • Things became less awful when the three subs came on.
  • Lallana's introduction in particular, was met with howls of derision.
  • Atkinson was biased/bent.

I don't think anyone should underestimate the effect a referee can have. Big decisions (dodgy pennos, sendings-off) are only the headline act. It's the detail, the small decisions at key points that can absolutely dictate the flow of a match. 

There are some certainties in life. Amongst the clearest is a terrible performance or result against these cunts. We can play them off the park and still lose. We can play shite and still lose. If I could wave one magic wand, I wouldn't wish for world peace, an end to war or even ending suffering. No. I'd wish our own supporters would stop imagining we'll go to that shithole and trash the fuckers. Stop thinking it and stop saying it. 

• Upvote 2

A day on, Atkinson's performance rankles even more. It was Ferguson-era stuff - we were blown up whenever anything approaching contact was made, breaking up our rhythm all the time. Beyond blatant.

Doesn't excuse an awful performance by ourselves for 70 minutes, but it was a depressing return to the past in terms of officiating. Hope the club makes plenty of noise about it in the build-up to the return fixture.

• Upvote 2