You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) 20/10/19 - Premier League

Bjornebye

I have written a little poem about Atkinson. It's very much in the spirit of one of my favourite poets - Kevin Turvey.

I despair when I see Atkinson in charge.

I don't blame him for today.

I just know he is shit.

I don't think he is biased.

He is just shit - and that it worse - because at least if you are biased then 

You have an idea of what the correct decision is.

He is also inconsistent - often even in the same game.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I have written a little poem about Atkinson. It's very much in the spirit of one of my favourite poets - Kevin Turvey.

I despair when I see Atkinson in charge.

I don't blame him for today.

I just know he is shit.

I don't think he is biased.

He is just shit - and that it worse - because at least if you are biased then 

You have an idea of what the correct decision is.

He is also inconsistent - often even in the same game.

He's not just shit though his performance today was obviously biased.  There's no if's or but's about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How most of you can be so arsed about refereeing when there isn't something egregious called or missed, I have no idea. And there was nothing egregious in that game. It's all 50/50 stuff. You could basically have a problem with every game if you nitpick every single decision. It must be exhausting. 

But it is true that the implementation of VAR is beyond comical at this point, although I think it's kind of irrelevant in this game. Pointing out issues with VAR and refereeing in general after that performance misses the point and Klopp's comments aren't going to be taken seriously/will look salty. 

• Upvote 1

Cowardly performance in the first half, only outdone by the complete ineptitude of Atkinson. Didn't enjoy the general overconfidence in the build-up to the game, didn't enjoy the game.

Keita was a big positive though. We've been doing just about enough to win so far this season, and statistically that streak was never going to be sustainable. We will need a slight change at some point to take our game to the next level, so hopefully Naby will prove to be just that. 

6 points clear while they are just a couple of points above the relegation zone, I guess I'll take that. Still doesn't excuse the performance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, J-V said:

He's not just shit though his performance today was obviously biased.  There's no if's or but's about it.

Absolutely correct. About as biased a performance as I've ever seen, and It's not even like he had Whiskybreath to contend with at the end of the match, the fucking cunt

4 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Fouls

Home 6

Away 14

Doing a little maths, Liverpool had 68% possession, so including injury time, approximately 30 mins without the ball. 14 fouls in 30 minutes is roughly 2.2 minutes not in possession between fouls. 

The mancs had 32%, so roughly 60 minutes without possession, committing just 6 fouls, ie roughly once every 10 minutes without the ball. 

So Liverpool were apparently committing fouls at 4.5 times the rate of the mancs. Ok. 

• Upvote 1

Thought we did well to dig a point out on a bad day. Always a difficult place to visit and even more so if the ref is giving them a series of free kicks while we get nothing and then VAR fucks us in the arse. 

Six points clear will do for the moment. 

Guest Pistonbroke

The amount of time they were taking over throw ins/goal kicks and not once did Atkinson hurry them up. His whole performance was clearly shite and in favour of the Mancs. How someone can then come on here and say we shouldn't be arsed about it, fucking hell! 

Atkinson is awful at managing games. Really. It isn't because he hates Liverpool. It's because he is shit at managing games.

Of course something should be done about it. However the FA don't want to fix it - probably because it's too hard. Instead they dream up 'Respect' campaigns to make us try to respect the bad decisions.

It just needs calling out as unacceptable...but people in the media don't do it.

Now handballs are accepted because "They give them for that sort of thing these days"

I have seen some hilarious handballs. Remember a handball is considered deliberate. I saw one where the handball actually disadvantaged the player and it was still given. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, belarus said:

This will be unpopular, but I ever liked carragher when he was at us. Great defender in his day like, but lord of the blerts.

Not with me. Great servant for the club and a very good CB in the way he always put his body on the line, dick of a bloke in more than one aspect. The minute he gobbed at that family he was dead to me. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, J-V said:

What did the rat say?

That VAR was correct. It's a contact sport and the foul on Origi was just a slight foul and not enough to make it an obvious error. Mane hand ball spot on (fair enough) finally we were on the right side of VAR. Smiling the whole time like a smug child who just got a B+ in an exam...i then stopped listening. 

Just now, No2 said:

James getting smashed twice was nice to see. Giggs's comments last week have given free reign to smash his fucking head in.

He is a cheating little cunt, suits them well.

Gets knocked down and takes a look after doing so before deciding to stay down.