You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) 20/10/19 - Premier League

Bjornebye

Just now, Em City said:

Inconsistent as he is, Keita needs to start getting a look in. He brings actual creativity to the midfield.

Martin Atkinson should be sold for mulch.

Definitely a role for himself or Ox or even Lallana if one of them can show any consistency whatsoever.

Obviously Keita has a higher ceiling than the other two but he has to show himself that he wants it. Good cameo today from all three. 

I don't care what anyone says, that felt like a win in the end and let me explain why.

We weren't really bad, we were fucking atrocious. If we would have lost that, most including me would have said we would have deserved it.

Atkinson, the fucking cheating cunt gave us fuck all, even blatant fouls against us. Might as well put a Man fucking Utd shirt on him.

And the best part was them fucking cunts thinking they were going to beat their bitterest rivals only for their dreams to be shattered.

So all in all....

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

Just now, niallers said:

The obvious error criteria is set at near impossible highs and it's set deliberately so just to be on the side of the referees. They should be forced to review it on the sideline or give teams 2 referrals per game to force him to look at the screen.

Just keep it as is but make it objective from the video ref; they have the benefit of video, they can see more than the on-field official. There should be no excuse for getting it wrong but for in the rarest of instances, because those that are commonly referred to as “50-50” decisions are seldom truly so.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

My favourite part of the game was when VAR and that twat Atkinson couldn't find a way to chalk off our equaliser.

The two lads and myself didn't jump up hysterical (made that mistake with the mane one) but made fist pumps then tentatively waited for VAR not to chalk it off before going hysterical and shouting obscenities in the direction of Atkinson and the mancs. Tis how we roll these days. 

We've played absolutely shite there for 80 minutes, and lost our winning record annoyingly to that Rice Krispie twat. W will still be expecting to beat them when they come to Anfield.

If I'd not seen the game and read that Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita and Lallana had finished the game, I'd have thought that it was because we were comfortably in front and giving them game time.

We've lost the winning record, but the only thing to do is go and start another one starting at home against Spurs next week. Top of the league by 5 points. Onwards and upwards.

5 minutes ago, rotoq said:

No certainly not, but challenging the narrative here that we were on the ropes for 70 mins, which we clearly weren't.

Yeah we were never on the ropes, but that’s because they’re not a very good side. I thought we were woeful until Klopp made the subs.

1 minute ago, Chocoholic said:

We've played absolutely shite there for 80 minutes, and lost our winning record annoyingly to that Rice Krispie twat. W will still be expecting to beat them when they come to Anfield.

If I'd not seen the game and read that Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita and Lallana had finished the game, I'd have thought that it was because we were comfortably in front and giving them game time.

We've lost the winning record, but the only thing to do is go and start another one starting at home against Spurs next week. Top of the league by 5 points. Onwards and upwards.

6 points.

Lallana was good when he came on, even before the goal. Not sure if that's just because he was better than the terrible Henderson who really was stinking the place out.

When we play a team packing the defence like that to block our fullbacks, we really, really need some decent creativity from midfield. Someone who can drop a shoulder and skip past a player or two, have a shot, play a ball through.

Naby, your time has come.

Henderson is easy to love as a man and as a captain sometimes, but purely on ability, he needs to play a bit less. He can fullfil a role in this squad, but he shouldn't be captain if it means he is the first name on the team sheet as he isn't good enough. Maybe vice captain with VVD as Captain.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, rotoq said:

Henderson is easy to love as a man and as a captain sometimes, but purely on ability, he needs to play a bit less. He can fullfil a role in this squad, but he shouldn't be captain if it means he is the first name on the team sheet as he isn't good enough. Maybe vice captain with VVD as Captain.

If Milner is still at he Club I'd take him as Vice Captain over Henderson all day.

Just now, J-V said:

If Milner is still at he Club he I'd take him as Vice Captain over Henderson all day.

Yea I can see that argument too. I think I said hendo as vice captain to ease the blow of taking the captaincy off his as he's loved by all the players and leads by example with effort, training and lifestyle by all accounts.

39 minutes ago, J-V said:

Absolute shit.

Salvaged that against Twelve men.  Ref was their best player.

Thirteen. VAR and ref have to wrestle for their best player award. 

martin atkinson is a fucking biased cunt.

Well, I thought that, for the most part, was a real shit show. Maybe Im being a bit harsh there and it's bourne out of frustration? For whatever reason, we just seem unable to shake off the shackles when we visit that dungeon.

I thought for large parts of the first half that we controlled the game. But too often our final ball was shite. The second half was pretty much the same although admittedly more penetrative.

The first half hung on two important VAR decisions. Actually, that's not wholly correct because martin fucking biased cunt atkinson repeatedly gave united fouls while waving play on against us. I count 4 such fouls on us in their half where he waved play on before their 'goal.' And that doesnt include the clear and blatant foul on Origi leading to their goal.

How on earth does a ref not give that when he's given them fouls for far less? It's because he's a biased inept cunt, that's why.

Im probably in the minority here because Im 100% in favour of VAR technology.  People may say VAR isnt correcting mistakes but I say VAR is seeing them but that other stupid cunt in charge of refs and VAR is not using VAR correctly.

That foul on Origi is clear as day. You dont even need VAR to spot it and atkinson was well placed to see it. But then inexplicably, the VAR 'ref' decides there isnt a 'clear and obvious error'! Say what!?

As soon as I saw Saio's goal was subject to VAR, I could see it wasnt going to stand as thems the rules. It's definitive, did the ball touch his hand and if it is, it isnt a goal.

And that is the difference between the two incidents, interpretation. A foul is subjective whereas ball hitting hand isnt. There's no doubt in my mind Sadio's goal should be ruled out and also so should have united's.

As the second half wore on, I was almost resigned to losing the game because although we upped the workrate and urgency, we werent making any clear cut chances.

But this team doesnt give up easily and what a relief to see the ball squirm through a load of players to Lallana who doesnt miss from there *cough, cough* If there was going to be another goal, it was pretty clear who the winner was going to be.

And then we had yet another failure by biased and blind cunt atkinson when an united player lunged at the ball in the box and the ball clearly strike him on the shoulder joint. That's a pen all day. From tip of fingers to the top of the shoulder is hand ball. He'd also leaned into the ball andnot the ball striking him.

I honestly couldnt believe the VAR ref didnt give that!

So the long winning run came to an end with the draw. The only sure thing you can say about long runs is they come to an end some time. We've a couple of tough fixtures on paper coming up and I hope our legs are fresh for them. We dont want this to be followed by a couple of draws.

Here's hoping we go on another 17 games winning run.

Did I say atkinson is a biased fucking cunt?