You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) 20/10/19 - Premier League

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Johnlj said:

I hate being away to these cunts. Just give me three points and us having a go at them, unlike the pussying about like last year.

If we get at them and get an early goal, they will fold quicker than Superman on laundry day.

That's the scenario my arse wants.

Guest Pistonbroke

Get a load of this desperate wanker. The BBC may as well change their football pages into 'MUFC with a bit about the other clubs thrown in' 

Solskjaer better than Klopp?

Man Utd v Liverpool (Sun, 16:30BST)

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

An interesting stat this.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, by two, earned more points in his first 29 Premier League games as Manchester United manager than Jurgen Klopp did at Liverpool.

Solskjaer's 14 wins and seven draws just edges 13 wins and eight draws.

Makes you think.

6 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Get a load of this desperate wanker. The BBC may as well change their football pages into 'MUFC with a bit about the other clubs thrown in' 

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, by two, earned more points in his first 29 Premier League games as Manchester United manager than Jurgen Klopp did at Liverpool.

Makes you think.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I fucking hate the media. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Solksjaer also said. "I have never felt the job is too big for me. I am confident in the staff. The improvement is there to see for us. It is about results, winning games, scoring goals. We have not taken enough risks. The top teams take more risks than we do. It is not safety that does it here"

Hahahahaha, what a knob. 

1 hour ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Here's something to really neg me for. I quite like Ole as a person. I used to hate how good he was but as a person he's always seemed like a good bloke. He was also a Liverpool fan and maybe on some level still is. 

Now he's managing United I like him even more but for different reasons. 

On every level, he's managing Man Utd as any Liverpool fan would. He's living the dream, and who among us would dare deny a boyhood dream come true, when he's doing such a wonderful job?

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

11:07

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Makes you think.

All that does is show you how much of a shit show Rodgers left behind. 

If we get stuck into them we can destroy them.

I'm still struggling to believe that Pogba and De Gea are really out, but if they are, then that's their two best players gone. If we score an early goal they will totally collapse and we could win by 5 or 6. The mood in the stadium will be ugly.

If, however, their rearguard action keeps us out until 30-40 minutes they will start to grow in belief. Then it could turn into a real slog and we could need a lucky bounce or something to get a 0-1.

• Upvote 1

They actually have been solid at the back, at the expense of creating chances, but still. Whether we bury them or not will have to do with if they quit on Ole and I think it's still early for that. The players all say they love him in interviews. I think they can easily make it hard on us to score.

It will be about not getting conservative and really making them drop deeper and deeper, unlike what we did last year.

4 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Solksjaer also said. "I have never felt the job is too big for me. I am confident in the staff. The improvement is there to see for us. It is about results, winning games, scoring goals. We have not taken enough risks. The top teams take more risks than we do. It is not safety that does it here"

Hahahahaha, what a knob. 

Expect an eleven behind the ball job.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Expect an eleven behind the ball job.

Indeed. Plus the idiot forgets that these are his tactics. He hasn't got a clue. 

This combined stuff doesn't sit well with me. I have a memory of a conversation before the 85' cup semi final about something similar in a pub and they turned us over. Only Robson was deemed good enough for us and he didn't even make most people's combined teams as our midfield then was brilliant. Whiteside, McGrath, Stapleton and Moran were respected but you were having a laugh putting them in our then great side. For what it's worth McGrath was world class, but how could you break up Lawro and Jocky.

I guess there have been times over the 90s and 00s when you could have made arguments for them having a clean sweep, but I always felt even at our worst we had players that could make their team like Robbie or Macca in the 90s.

The thing is just like when we play the blueshite at Goodison, form and talent can be neutralised by the passion of the fixture.

All the talk of hammering them doesn't sit well with me. A solid 1-0 or 2-1 is the most likely result but i'd take any kind of a win.

• Like 1