You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) 20/10/19 - Premier League

Bjornebye

As poor as they are, they’re capable of raising their game enough to get results against decent teams - they did so against us last season at Old Trafford and have beaten Chelsea and Leicester while drawing with Arsenal there this time around.

Personally, I don’t feel like we’ve properly avenged those business-like wins they often used to take from Anfield under Ferguson while on the way to yet another title. We didn’t beat them anywhere in any competition from 1996 until late 2000, so I want something similar now we're in with a fighting chance of winning the league. No nonsense and professional, preferably with the opener coming from a corner after their keeper flaps at the ball.

• Upvote 2

Last years game was one of the strangest games I've ever watched and could never happen again.

We are so much better than them and want and need this more. They have nothing to worry us at all and are bereft of any spirt or consistancy, or contingency.

We're going to humiliate them and it's going to be fucking wonderful.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Last years game was one of the strangest games I've ever watched and could never happen again.

We are so much better than them and want and need this more. They have nothing to worry us at all and are bereft of any spirt or consistancy, or contingency.

We're going to humiliate them and it's going to be fucking wonderful.

These sort of posts I find incredible.

It's almost as if you've never watched us play there over the last 50 years.

If we scrape a 1-0 win I will be on cloud nine for at least a week.

• Upvote 10

Just now, Mook said:

These sort of posts I find incredible.

It's almost as if you've never watched us play there over the last 50 years.

If we scrape a 1-0 win I will be on cloud nine for at least a week.

Tongue is very firmly in cheek, don't worry.

The first line implies that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mook said:

I misread your tone, apologies.

Last year taught me not to expect anything, ever.

They had their thrid choice striker crippled from about 10 minutes in, unable to run or kick the ball, and couldn't make a sub because the only 'decent' players they had had alraedy had to be subbed off just after kick off due to the weirdest luck.

We still didn't even get near their goal. IT WAS FUCKING SURREAL.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, sir roger said:

Was staying with friends in Adelaide and stayed up half the night to see it , one of the least interesting games I have ever had the misfortune to watch.

I rarely stay up for Old Trafford Sunday games.  

The potential for an insomniac, depressive Boomtown Rat-type Monday is too big a risk - and has been too big a reality over the years.

While on the subject of potential depression, since 3 points for a win were introduced the only other team to lead by 8 points after 8 games was Manchester United...

... who went on to finish 12 points behind Champions Liverpool in 1985/86.

I remember some years ago this was usually the game that gave our season a lift after a mediocre start, if we won. I just hope it doesn't work that way for them. If anyone's going to halt our winning run, it's that shower. 

Just get out of there with 3 points, no injuries, no suspensions and no allegations. 

I'm glad we've got the two week break as hopefully by then their shit show yesterday has kinda faded from their memory...

I'd happily take a sneaky 1-0 win as this will be one of our hardest away games of the season due to who it is although the sad thing is it's wont be when their neighbours turn up there

You have to remember for all their great sides and some of our shit ones we never apart from a 4-0 Mike Riley inspired performance got hammered by them so you're kidding yourself if you think this will be easy. 

it's a one off chance for them to be heroes

I hate these games as much as the 2 with the bitters.  We are so much better than them both at the moment, but anything can happen in a derby.

We should be getting 12 points from these 4 games, and if we do, it will make our lives a little bit easier in the title race.

I don't care what happens in any of these games as long as we get the wins!  Players will be looking to be heroes and the mancs still sing about shitty Forlan scoring 2 against us.

If they start with the same team that lost to Newcastle, we'll batter them. But they'll have Pogba, Wanbesaka or whatever he's called and Martial back and OGS will have them pumped up. It'll be like a world cup final for them to end our winning run so I'm not expecting an easy win. 

Head says just a scrappy 1 - 0, no injuries or cards.

Heart says I want a cricket score to improve our goal difference, Mo, Bobby and Sadio get lots of target practice and find their rythym,  a couple of Maguire own goals and the place is emptying after 60 minutes.

I hate these cunts with a deep and abiding passion. Enjoy the Championship you small minded twats.

Someone is due a mauling by us, all the chances we have and some of the chances we have wasted. One day against someone they'll all go in, it's just what happens sometimes. If the football Fowlers could just see their way to making it this game then that would be very nice. 

I still think VAR will fuck us over in this one, or probably against city or both. 

Last season we played the occasion rather than the game. It seemed Klopp wasn’t too unhappy with a point as we didn’t really push for all 3 and risk opening up when they were there for the taking.

I think we’ll have learned from that and United are even worse than they were last year. We’re a far better team than them, there’s just a bit of a mental block with playing at theirs. We won comfortably there under Rodgers and it’s high time we gave them another fucking shoeing.

Guest Pistonbroke
17 hours ago, Baltar said:

If they start with the same team that lost to Newcastle, we'll batter them. But they'll have Pogba, Wanbesaka or whatever he's called and Martial back and OGS will have them pumped up. It'll be like a world cup final for them to end our winning run so I'm not expecting an easy win. 

Loads of rumours about players from United not happy with Solksjaers ideas and the fact they are the ones getting most of the stick. What better game to under perform if you want to heap pressure on the manager you don't want. 

Salah and TAA will be up against Tubeofnancy or whatever the fuck he's called or Young, with an inexperienced james ahead of that, my oh my. Mane and Robinson will be up against Wanbisaka or Dalot, plus the lack of width for the mancs on the right will mean they can get at whoever plays at R/B. They'll just pack their defence and try to hit runners with the long ball, Rashford is overrated to fuck and hardly gets into the box as he runs about like a headless chicken, hopefully Martial isn't fit, even if he plays he'll be rusty and he blows hot and cold himself. If Pogba plays then you can bet your arse Solksjaer will have him playing a deeper role ahead of their defence again, something he can't do that well and it negates his attacking game. Slabhead will be up against pace and guile, so any chance of him having a great game is slim. 

They could get a plucky draw if we don't have our shooting shoes on, if we do then things could get very nasty for the Mancs. Their only hope is getting Anthony Taylor fit enough to officiate this game.