You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers: I am really looking forward to going back

TLW

Brendan Rodgers will walk through the corridors of Anfield for the first time in just over four years on Saturday as he brings his in-form Leicester City to town.

The Northern Irishman came agonisingly close to winning the Premier League title with the Reds in 2013/4, but the aftermath from that heartbreak lingered over the club for well over a season and it was clearly evident that a change had to be made.

Despite the way it ended, Rodgers looks at his time with Liverpool in a extremely positive light.

image.png

The Official site reported Rodgers as saying:

“ I’m really looking forward to going back.

“I had the real privilege of managing there. So much learning took place for me at Liverpool.

“ I always take the positives when I analyse my time there. The first couple of seasons went well and we went close to the title

“The third year was more difficult but there was great learning for me as a coach. 

“The fourth season didn’t last so long.

Rodgers who guided Celtic to seven domestic trophies in his two and a half year spell as manager of the Glasgow club says he is looking forward to seeing a couple of his former players.

I’m looking forward to seeing the likes of Jordan [Henderson] and James Milner. They were real leaders and you can see how they’ve developed.

“There were so many highs as a young manager and I’ll always be grateful for that.”

Jurgen Klopp has taken the club to a new level and it is something that Rodgers was happy to acknowledge.

“ Jürgen has done a brilliant job. 

“He’s brought a real harmony and togetherness to the team and supporters. 

“The consistency has helped.

“ There’s areas of the field where he’s brought in top, top players – Virgil [van Dijk], Alisson – they’re top-level players who can really improve the squad.

“They’re in a great position with young talents and experienced players. 

“They look very strong.”

View full article

He will (and rightly so) get a warm reception. To think though, had Kolo not fucked up against stoke, Glen Johnson to have stayed inured a few games longer or Henderson not got sent off v City then he would probably have his own flag on the Kop to wave at. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, TLW said:

Brendan Rodgers will walk through the corridors of Anfield for the first time in just over four years on Saturday as he brings his in-form Leicester City to town.

The Northern Irishman came agonisingly close to winning the Premier League title with the Reds in 2013/4, but the aftermath from that heartbreak lingered over the club for well over a season and it was clearly evident that a change had to be made.

Despite the way it ended, Rodgers looks at his time with Liverpool in a extremely positive light.

image.png

The Official site reported Rodgers as saying:

“ I’m really looking forward to going back.

“I had the real privilege of managing there. So much learning took place for me at Liverpool.

“ I always take the positives when I analyse my time there. The first couple of seasons went well and we went close to the title

“The third year was more difficult but there was great learning for me as a coach. 

“The fourth season didn’t last so long.

Rodgers who guided Celtic to seven domestic trophies in his two and a half year spell as manager of the Glasgow club says he is looking forward to seeing a couple of his former players.

I’m looking forward to seeing the likes of Jordan [Henderson] and James Milner. They were real leaders and you can see how they’ve developed.

“There were so many highs as a young manager and I’ll always be grateful for that.”

Jurgen Klopp has taken the club to a new level and it is something that Rodgers was happy to acknowledge.

“ Jürgen has done a brilliant job. 

“He’s brought a real harmony and togetherness to the team and supporters. 

“The consistency has helped.

“ There’s areas of the field where he’s brought in top, top players – Virgil [van Dijk], Alisson – they’re top-level players who can really improve the squad.

“They’re in a great position with young talents and experienced players. 

“They look very strong.”

View full article

FFS, not this again. 

Fuck off back to the arguing about former managers forum.

I don't have any strong feelings about Rodgers. My biggest gripe will always be the way he went about those games against Chelsea and Palace. We should and would have won the league had he been a bit more savvy .On a personal level he seems a bit of a tit but there's plenty worse

• Upvote 1

I'm kind of 'meh' about Rodgers but I'd like to see him get a decent reaction. I can't stand those small time fans - citeh are you watching - who boo former players who gave it their best for the club. He tried and ultimately failed but he was never an arse hole when talking about his time here and for that deserves some credit.

Typical Rodgers here:

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers on Liverpool: "I am the type of person who is happy for the club and especially happy for players like Jordan [Henderson] and James Milner - players I worked with and had a strong relationship with.

Namedropping the ultimate pro -- after working with him for what 10 weeks?

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Typical Rodgers here:

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers on Liverpool: "I am the type of person who is happy for the club and especially happy for players like Jordan [Henderson] and James Milner - players I worked with and had a strong relationship with.

Namedropping the ultimate pro -- after working with him for what 10 weeks?

Milner was signed under Rodgers and promised a CM role which he wasn't up to at the time. He also tried to sell Henderson to finance a move for Clint Dempsey. Henderson was signed by Dalglish too.

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Milner was signed under Rodgers and promised a CM role which he wasn't up to at the time. He also tried to sell Henderson to finance a move for Clint Dempsey. Henderson was signed by Dalglish too.

Milner was signed in Aug on a free that had little to do with Rodgers, and played regularly at CM until Rodgers left first week of October.