You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) 5/10/19 - Premier League

Bjornebye

It didn't look like that to me. Maybe Robbo brushes against him as he runs past but there looked fuck all in it to me.  Perez was out of order, if some one pushed me like that when I used to play I would have threw punches no questions asked.

Edit:  in reply to lee909

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

He definitely embellished. It's not a natural fall when you see the replay. But it's very dumb from Albrighton and you take advantage of that contact every time. 

Yep.

A dive is when you're not fouled.

An embellishment is when you are.  I don't like it, but it is what it is these days.

If not a 100% penalty, then definitely 99.99%.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I don't agree that Leicester were "shite" I mean defensively I thought they were really good apart from that Turkish guy. We definatley outplayed them and controlled the game though. Very deserved winners. 

Have to agree.

When you're one-each and have played staunchly enough away from home and lose to an injury time penalty, you're perhaps entitled to at least think you deserved something from the game.

1-1 would have been a waste for us, and maybe a bit of a steal from them, but certainly wouldn't have gone down as a travesty.

They upped their game and got into it more late as we tired and they were rewarded for that opportunism with an equaliser.  With 10 minutes to go, and us the way we were at that stage, Rodgers probably felt they were good for a draw and entitled to one.

I'm chuffed though - and can't help it, still don't like him.

Probably shouldn't say this, but I'm starting to think if this isn't THE season, it never will be.

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm not gonna look at the time stamps. He made him look crap a bunch of times, I'm not sure why you're ignoring that, or maybe you're forgetting. It was pretty clear. His end product after that wasn't good, but that's a different thing. 

Yes, Klopp changed the positioning of the front three to contain them and we proceeded to do exactly that and bar one lapse of concentration, they were completely toothless.

If all it takes is one change of position to render them to one chance a match, they aren't that good. And they're not. If they finish in the top 4 this season it will probably be by default. 

Other than us and Man City, no one else is that good.

3 hours ago, m0e said:

Shearer actually came out with "it's a contact sport" like that fucking means something in this context.

They both used the word "dive" which is as hypocritical as it is irresponsible.

Bunch of twats.

Worse still is fact i have heard him and the other clowns on MOTD use the line 'there was contact he is entitled to go down'....usually when it is lionheart bulldog spirit sir harry kane...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Worse still is fact i have heard him and the other clowns on MOTD use the line 'there was contact he is entitled to go down'....usually when it is lionheart bulldog spirit sir harry kane...

It's not like the pair of them have t got previous...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/890680/Liverpool-news-Alan-Shearer-Danny-Murphy-Dejan-Lovren-Everton-penalty-MOTD2/amp

Fast forward a month later playing Everton in the cup Llalana goes down in similar circumstances ... Shearer " it's a contact sport never a pen " ..

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Trip someone up in the box it's a pen. It was 100 percent a penalty I'm shocked there's even debate about it. The player lost the ball mane turned away from him and the player took his leg. Penalty every day. The rest of the country can go fuck themselves anyway. 

As I said at the time. Not enough contact to go down like that, but if you don't your not getting the pen. But the kick stopped Mane laying the ball off to Lallana for a easy'ish finish

I can understand someone being irked at the way Mané hit the deck, writhing like he'd been booted in the bollocks. I understand the counter argument that he has to go down for the referee to notice but jeez, less of the histrionics, dude. Bottom line though, it's still a foul. Imagine if a defender was shepherding the ball out for a goal kick. Any attempt for a forward to get the ball back that involves him kicking the defender's legs equals a free. Albrighton screwed up and rather than accepting that he'd screwed up and take his medicine he made the split-second decision to try to retrieve the situation. In those circumstances you'd better be either brilliant or lucky, and he was neither. Now let's enjoy the next two weeks of:

14 hours ago, Anubis said:

12?

I was always crap at math.

Negged for the abomination "math". It REALLY grinds my gears (see what I did there?).

Math. Math. Since when did it become math? 

Next time I hear anyone use that, I'm going to put my foot through Fermat's theorem and send him the last. 

7 hours ago, skaro said:

If not a 100% penalty, then definitely 99.99%.

This is a thing of beauty. Behold. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
7 hours ago, an tha said:

They use that line for most English players when they go down in the box, funny that.