You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) 5/10/19 - Premier League

Bjornebye

Hard game after the slog in midweek. We should have wrapped up the points long before Maddison even got his chance. The referee was very lenient on a lot of Leicester's shithousery, not penalising players for shirt pulls, holding and cynical fouls. How he didn't send off the Leicester player for that rugby tackle near the end I have no idea. It's amazing he saw the foul and gave the penalty in stoppage time, given the rest of his performance. Mike Riley and co will be telling him he aced it no doubt.

Big Game James doing what Big Game James does. Coolness personified for the penalty, and a superb pass for Sadio's opener.

8 games. 8 wins. 24 points. Start as we mean to go on.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

Couldn't have done it without Suzy!

Thank you! Absolutely buzzing after that. I was getting a bit anxious with 15 mins to go thinking if they equalise....

The funny thing was everyone jumping about like we’d won when  VAR called the pen! I was thinking we’ve got to score it yet.

Big game James though, so pleased he was on the pitch! 

Mo was very wasteful and should have had about 5! Lovren actually made a few good tackles too.

We were mostly all over them so definitely deserved the win.

• Upvote 2

i don’t care what they say on blue moon, I don’t care what they say on grand old team, I don’t care what they say on redcafe. I’ve watched many seasons when the champions have won matches they didn’t deserve, they got a lucky break, or they got a last minute winner. I’m overjoyed and you lot mean less than nothing to me. We roll on. 

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

That's the most I've struggled to watch a penalty for a long time. Proper balls of steel, especially with the lengthy VAR delay and then Schmeichel's snide attempts at gamesmanship.

Ironically, if the cunt with hair that looks like the pink panther after he's been in a washing machine hadn't hobbled Mo, he might have taken it and he wasn't having his best game, so who knows...

Gerrard against Arse in 07 when Babel got brought down was like today. It's shocking that the oil cheating cunts have raised the bar so high, that a record of 7 wins and a draw from 8 would be seen as 2 points dropped. Cunts

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

i don’t care what they say on blue moon, I don’t care what they say on grand old team, I don’t care what they say on redcafe. I’ve watched many seasons when the champions have won matches they didn’t deserve, they got a lucky break, or they got a last minute winner. I’m overjoyed and you lot mean less than nothing to me. We roll on. 

Exactly we still have the points to console us for being jammy cunts.

Everyone moaned about Slur and his cheating ways but he still has 8 PL titles to reflect upon, 

Got to laugh at all the Leicester players and Rodgers claiming they donimated parts of the game(Maddison) looked a threat through out/deserved more(Rodgers) 

You had two shits and one on target ya bellends. You just about did enough to stay in the game and scored from your only shot on target 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I love it when they wait for a team playing against us to have a bit of possession so they can put up their 'Possession in the last 5 minutes' bollocks. 

Fuck em. We have quite clearly fucked up a lot of people's weekends yet again. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Lee909 said:

Got to laugh at all the Leicester players and Rodgers claiming they donimated parts of the game(Maddison) looked a threat through out/deserved more(Rodgers) 

You had two shits and one on target ya bellends. You just about did enough to stay in the game and scored from your only shot on target 

We should complain to the FA about that, not on, not on at all. 

...and this sort of stuff doesn't give me any satisfaction !!!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I love it when they wait for a team playing against us to have a bit of possession so they can put up their 'Possession in the last 5 minutes' bollocks. 

Fuck em. We have quite clearly fucked up a lot of people's weekends yet again. 

Yup. It seems a few people in the media were hanging their hats on Leicester making us drop points, and are a tad pissed off.

11 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Clearly we need to manage Milner in terms of giving him the odd break, but he really should be playing all our important games.  In this game, as in midweek, his enormous swinging testicles has brought us to bear.  

I'm assuming this is why he hasn't started so many games so far. Agree though he's an absolutely immense player.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Yup. It seems a few people in the media were hanging their hats on Leicester making us drop points, and are a tad pissed off.

I bet quite a few were already on their third paragraph of guff when we got that penalty. 

On a more practical note, the Mane incident brings into focus a couple of seemingly incompatible aspects of the game as it stands: 

- refs NEVER giving a foul for a player who keeps his feet even if impeded

- VAR setting an impossibly high bar for overruling a ref's call either way with the 'clear and obvious' criteria

Players are going to continue to go down like Mane did for those very reasons. Both issues are able to be addressed by the FA should they want to. 

I thought we played really well except for the final ball which seems to have gone to shit a bit since the Mane strop. Too much trying to walk it in and we look better when we're a bit more selfish.  

Leicester looked pretty good but we were just too good for them, Probably  the best visitors since Salzburg. I reckon they'll get top four.

As for Kilbane, you can take the cunt out of Everton but... 

• Upvote 2

I thought we played really well, bossing the game from start to finish against a really good side (easily the best team we've played this season).

The front 3 didn't quite click though and that colletive tentativeness stems from that Mane - Salah spat at Southampton. We seem to be allowing some of those accusations of stickiness weigh on our minds and we are thinking about that final ball just a little too much.

Still, can't win em all eh...?