You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) 5/10/19 - Premier League

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I thought we played really well, bossing the game from start to finish against a really good side (easily the best team we've played this season).

The front 3 didn't quite click though and that colletive tentativeness stems from that Mane - Salah spat at Southampton. We seem to be allowing some of those accusations of stickiness weigh on our minds and we are thinking about that final ball just a little too much.

Still, can't win em all eh...?

Hey, you just nicked my post!!

• Upvote 1

We really needed them 3pts with the tough run if games we have. City have more piss easy fixtures(Wolves, Palace Villa and Southampton before they play us) and last thing we needed was trailing them going into that game. 

We have Utd, Spurs and Villa

After that City fixtures get interesting 

Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Burnley, Utd, Arsenal, Leicester

27 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's just that your argument that that save doesn't count sounds a bit like "pace goals don't count".

How can it not count? If Adrian had stayed on his line and not come to meet Maguire, he scores. 

Have we got a new category to contend with; pace saves?

1 minute ago, suzy said:

Oh and just before the game I saw a group of Leicester fans singing about Gerrard not winning the league - I turned to Mr Suzy and said ‘we’d better smash these!’

Did you give Rogers the death stare?

I thought we played well today - against a decent team.

Rodgers seemed to change in 2nd half to a diamond and it helped them get more ball in middle of park and stopped us getting as much joy wide.

Massive, massive win and to win it like that.....we have seen us winning ugly when not at best away at an awkward place last week and now this week getting a late, late winner when it looked like we would have to settle for a draw.

These are the traits of teams who challenge for titles and challenge hard for titles....

And boom! It's a fact that we are so resilient at the moment that even a good performance might be questioned by some observers.

But, note that Leicester have quietly become a good team again under Rodgers. Ive nothing against him from his time here. it just went tits up a lot sooner than anyone expected.

And let's not forget Leicester really have been a bogey side for us since the early 60's. They've put us out of the FA Cup when we really should have steam rollered them. They got league results against us at the shithole that was Filbert Street. Fuck, even utter nobs like David Fish, a fullback with zero talent even scored a winner against us. And they ended our 80 odd unbeaten home game run with a no mark team.

But these are modern times and Jurgen has made this team believe it's very difficult to beat. I was worried we were missing too many of the few chances we created. I never felt comfortable at 1-0. The misses kept mounting and at one point, it almost looked like Adrian was going to knock an OG in off his arm.

Eventually something had to give and Maddison, a player I just dont see all the hype about, got on the end of a pass to slide the ball past Adrian. Dont you hate it when you just see something coming but cannot get out of the way?

I was clinging to the hope we'd snatch a winner but in truth, I wasnt expecting one. I still cannot believe that assault on Mo wasnt a red card but the ref had been pretty shite in what he'd let Leicester get away with.

That said, it probably was just as well he didnt send him off as surely Leicester would have just shut up shop and played even more for the draw?

Truth is I didnt get that good a view of the pen incident even thought it was pretty level with me but the number of players between my position and the incident made ithard to see.

The wait for VAR strung it out and I imagine almost every city, chelsea, united and everton fans' heads would have exploded at that very moment had they been able to watch this game. These are the very fans who proclaimed Liverpool wouldnt get any pens with VAR. Hahaha, fucking hell boys, read it and weep. Get fuckin' in.

• Upvote 5