You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joker - Movie

Bjornebye

5 out of 5 ratings across the board. Armed Police in America will be turning up to viewings. Cinema-goers told not to wear masks. Can definitely see some maniac turning up Aurora style somewhere. Cant wait for the film but I won't be going the pictures to see it. I'm not breathing my final breath in the Showcase. 

I've got cheap tickets to go & see it with my brother on Tuesday night, if anyone has crisps then there will definitely be violence in the picture house.

Actually my brother voted for Brexit so we probably won't need the crisps.

The film looks interesting though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Has nobody seen it yet?

Don't want any spoilers but I've seen wildly conflicting reviews so far. I'm away to see it on Tuesday.

Where have you been reading? 95% of reviews I have read have said it is outstanding. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Where have you been reading? 95% of reviews I have read have said it is outstanding. 

There's been a bit of a backlash, seemingly mainly among the more 'woke' reviewers as it doesn't appear to be the quality of the film that's in question. They've decided that it could glorify incels and encourage them. Very Mary Whitehouse of them.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

There's been a bit of a backlash, seemingly mainly among the more 'woke' reviewers as it doesn't appear to be the quality of the film that's in question. They've decided that it could glorify incels and encourage them. Very Mary Whitehouse of them.

Thats just stupid though isn't it. I've been following the trend all week on Twitter and have seen a load of this stuff. To be honest I expected some shit to go down in the States. Any excuse to blow someones brains out over there. 

I haven't seen the film yet and won't for a few weeks till I get a decent kodi link but judging by the majority of twitter who have seen it, its fucking immense. I know its easy coming out the pictures and going "yeah that was boss" then a few days later thinking actually it wasn't all that good but this seems to be hitting the button. 

I'm a fan of Joaquin Phoenix as well so looking forward too it. 

Next one has to be The Penguin played by Mo from Eastenders. 

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Seen a couple of people on Twitter saying it's awful but their reasoning is a bit off to me.

My Dad says it's 10/10 but he thought Sliding Doors was good.

Starsky & Hutch was brilliant by the way, "Do it, do it."

Just now, Mook said:

Seen a couple of people on Twitter saying it's awful but their reasoning is a bit off to me.

My Dad says it's 10/10 but he thought Sliding Doors was good.

Starsky & Hutch was brilliant by the way, "Do it, do it."

People you follow or did you look at the #jokermovie hash-tag ? 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats just stupid though isn't it. I've been following the trend all week on Twitter and have seen a load of this stuff. To be honest I expected some shit to go down in the States. Any excuse to blow someones brains out over there. 

I haven't seen the film yet and won't for a few weeks till I get a decent kodi link but judging by the majority of twitter who have seen it, its fucking immense. I know its easy coming out the pictures and going "yeah that was boss" then a few days later thinking actually it wasn't all that good but this seems to be hitting the button. 

I'm a fan of Joaquin Phoenix as well so looking forward too it. 

Next one has to be The Penguin played by Mo from Eastenders. 

Can you imagine the outrage if Taxi Driver was released today? 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Mudface said:

They gave it 5 stars in an earlier review, but 2 stars in this one.

The reviewer seems to have let himself get carried away on the hype train, either that or he's just being contrarian.

I'd go for the contrarian. A few of them on this forum to be fair. Wankers for the sake of it. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Can you imagine the outrage if Taxi Driver was released today? 

It'd be a racist disgrace to mental health & an incitement to vigilante acts of violence.

Some people really need to get a ride, a film is art for fucks sake.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mook said:

It'd be a racist disgrace to mental health & an incitement to vigilante acts of violence.

Some people really need to get a ride, a film is art for fucks sake.

It's really bizarre that 'liberal progressives' have gone from the freewheeling permissiveness of the '60s and '70s to this censorious, can't-offend-anyone-at-all-costs attitude these days. I thought we'd got past the arguments that film/ TV/ games can cause changes in people's behaviour, but they seem to have dragged it back up. They'd have been on the side of Mary Whitehouse and Christian evangelicals back in the day.

• Upvote 3

Heard nothing but really positive things about it, although I'm sure some of that will be hype. 

Looking forward to seeing it somepoint over the next few days. 

Some of the reaction is just Twitter/internet outrage nonsense. It's a film about a murderous psychopath who dresses up as a clown.

• Upvote 1