You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pick 5 Players from the Other Top 6 Teams

AngryOfTuebrook

As a counterpart to Stig's "5 players from outside the top 6" thread, let's see who we'd choose from the big clubs.

The only stipulation is that you have to pick one player from each of Man Utd, Citeh, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.

I'm going to go with 

- Wan Bissaka

- De Bruyne

- Kante

- Son

- Aubameyang

I think it's reasonable to argue that they would strengthen our squad.

De Bruyne (even if both of the Silvas, Sterling and Sane would be great for us)

Son (to alternate with the front three)

Mount (we still lack a player like him, even if Kante is a better player)

Martial (bench option for the front three)

Lacazette (Auba is a flat track bully, as evidenced tonight. I reckon Laca could do Firmino's role to a decent level).

F**k me we are spoilt at the moment!

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

As a counterpart to Stig's "5 players from outside the top 6" thread, let's see who we'd choose from the big clubs.

The only stipulation is that you have to pick one player from each of Man Utd, Citeh, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.

I'm going to go with 

- Wan Bissaka

- De Bruyne

- Kante

- Son

- Aubameyang

I think it's reasonable to argue that they would strengthen our squad.

That side finishes sixth.

Kante and De Bruyne are no-brainers.

Son probably is pretty close to a no-brainer, he's the only player on Spurs who would really make us significantly better.

Then it gets harder, and also less important, because none of the players are going to be anything other than Cup players and/or backup for us. We could use a backup left back, so I'd probably take Tierney off Arsenal (haven't seen him play yet but he's meant to be good and surely better backup for Robertson than Shaw would be).

I don't think I'd want anyone at all from United, just because they're all on wages that are way higher than they deserve. Maybe Daniel James could come and compete with Origi to be 5th choice in our attack?

8 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

City or United Law?

The City one would backheel him in the bollocks.

De Bruyne, Kante and Son are the 3 definites. All 3 are dynamite and would be fantastic in a Klopp system. From Arsenal, probably Aubameyang. From United, probably Martial.

5 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I'd rather take two Leicester players than either from Man United or Arsenal, but here goes.

Bissaka (cover for RB)
De Bruyne
Kante
Son
Tierney (cover for LB)

Same five.

Kante and De Bruyne ahead of Fabinho...my word. Son to rotate with the front three. The two full backs as cover.