You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool face expulsion from the Carabao Cup

Davelfc

7 hours ago, Baltar said:

As if they'd kick out the champions of Europe. Don't make me laugh. This is already a devalued and unimportant competition, the FA should be praying that we reach the final and continue to add some class and prestige to this cup.

The carabao cup would be labelled a giant killer. Make it happen. 

10 hours ago, Baltar said:

As if they'd kick out the champions of Europe. Don't make me laugh. This is already a devalued and unimportant competition, the FA should be praying that we reach the final and continue to add some class and prestige to this cup.

Why would the FA give a shit about the EFL's prestige cup competition?

Can't be doing with the ambivalence here.

It might be "only" the third most important domestic competition, but it's still a trophy and I want to win the fucker. 

Pay the fine for this, (it's surely going to be a fine, isn’t it?), beat Arsenal in the next round and there's then a good chance of drawing a League 1 or League 2 team, which puts us within smelling distance of Wembley, without any big drain on the resources we need for the League. 

This is our trophy. I want it back.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Can't be doing with the ambivalence here.

It might be "only" the third most important domestic competition, but it's still a trophy and I want to win the fucker. 

Pay the fine for this, (it's surely going to be a fine, isn’t it?), beat Arsenal in the next round and there's then a good chance of drawing a League 1 or League 2 team, which puts us within smelling distance of Wembley, without any big drain on the resources we need for the League. 

This is our trophy. I want it back.

Due to our brilliance it has rightfully slipped down the pecking order for this season at least. World Club Cup becomes a bigger priority for me as we've got seven?? League Cups already.

If we beat Arsenal after avoiding being thrown out God knows when we would actually play the quarter final because it is due to be played the week we go to Qatar. Plus the two legged semi final takes place in early January and we play loads of games already during that period.

The final would also mean another rescheduled league game. 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Due to our brilliance it has rightfully slipped down the pecking order for this season at least. World Club Cup becomes a bigger priority for me as we've got seven?? League Cups already.

Imagine being the kind of club that loses count of trophies. 

We're due another one. 

On 30/09/2019 at 12:11, Doctor Troy said:

If we beat Arsenal after avoiding being thrown out God knows when we would actually play the quarter final because it is due to be played the week we go to Qatar. Plus the two legged semi final takes place in early January and we play loads of games already during that period.

The final would also mean another rescheduled league game. 

This.

We've already had one league game postponed because of the club world cup, we really don't need any more being moved. 

I wouldn't normally say this but because we have such a small squad and such a good chance to win the league, all the other competitions will be a hindrance this year.

Regardless of how good we are, we are not entitled to win anything this season. If we don't get thrown out we should go for the league cup. Imagine us just fucking it off then ending the season empty handed. Fuck that. More silverware please, all the silverware. The lot of it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Regardless of how good we are, we are not entitled to win anything this season. If we don't get thrown out we should go for the league cup. Imagine us just fucking it off then ending the season empty handed. Fuck that. More silverware please, all the silverware. The lot of it. 

I dont think anyone thinks or says we are entitled to win anything. But Id rather go balls out trying to win our first league title in 30 years or being the first English club to retain the Champions of Europe title in 40(?) years rather than get diluted across the two domestic cups even lower league clubs now field a 2nd eleven in.

If our 2nd eleven win it, good stuff but risk 'elite' first teamers? Nope.

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont think anyone thinks or says we are entitled to win anything. But Id rather go balls out trying to win our first league title in 30 years or being the first English club to retain the Champions of Europe title in 40(?) years rather than get diluted across the two domestic cups even lower league clubs now field a 2nd eleven in.

If our 2nd eleven win it, good stuff but risk 'elite' first teamers? Nope.

Yeah,Forest retained it in 1980.

3 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

There is reference to a possibility of a replay with MK on the BBC gossip page. 

West Ham had to replay in similar circumstances in the 90s, it gives the opposing side another chance and more money. If we are using the second string of players then it gives them more game time which I don't see as an issue.

Personally I think giving them the whole league cup run would be a decent idea but it rarely if ever happens. 

55 minutes ago, φαίνω said:

Personally I think giving them the whole league cup run would be a decent idea but it rarely if ever happens. 

This is exactly what we should do. Let the youngster have that tournament for themselves. We were able to field two totally different teams last round and should continue with that. If we reach the final our league match will be postponed. Use that extra spare time to give VVD, Fabinho, front tree some much needed time to rest. Let the ones who’ve taken us there have the reward of playing a final at Wembley.

Only benefits with this approach. Our 1st team players won’t be affected with too many games. The young players have something to really fight for. Just let daddy James lead his children to our 9th league cup