You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Sep 20-22 2019)

tlw content

City won 8-0 on Saturday and frankly it didn’t bother one little bit. I laughed. There’s a few reasons it didn’t bother me. The most obvious one is that we’re five points ahead rather than five behind. The other team winning when you're doing the chasing is horrible.

Another reason is that it’s too early to be stressing out too much about their results. The main reason though is that I’d already written this game off as an easy City win. There was no chance of Watford getting anything. In fact, I’d even go as far as to say that there has never been a top flight game in this country that was a more obvious home win.

Watford are terrified of City. They’re mentally scarred from all the beatings they’ve taken, not least the utter humiliation that inflicted upon them in the Cup Final a few months back.

Watford were beaten before they started and them conceding in the first minute was nailed on. Occasionally in a group chat with some of the lads we’ll predict what minute City will score. We didn’t do it this time but I’d have taken the first minute all day on this one. I'm guessing so would the other lads too though. It wasn't hard to predict was it?

Still, I have to admit that even with my rock bottom expectations of Watford I didn’t see them being 5-0 down inside 18 minutes or whatever it was. That’s just shameful. Yeah City are great, we know this, but you’re a fucking Premier League side, you spineless twats. Letting in a goal every three minutes is outrageous. The only reason it didn’t end up about 15-0 is because they got extremely lucky with some near misses and the woodwork bailed them out a couple of times.

City didn’t ease off and there was definitely an element of “sending out a message” here. After losing to Norwich someone was always going to get it, and Watford were just about the perfect opposition for them. Ben Foster (who was shite) said afterwards that they are by far the best team he’s ever faced. Is that right? When they come to Anfield we need to put nine past the prick.

I’ve got no beef with Watford but I hope they go down this year simply because whoever takes their place can’t possibly put up less resistance against City than they do. I said last week that maybe other teams will see what Norwich did, how they exposed City’s only real weakness (a shite defence), and they might follow suit. 

What did Watford do? Played Deulefeu up front on his own and just tried to keep the score down. Shithouses got exactly what they deserved. In fairness to Deulefeu, he almost scored to make it 1-1 when he skinned the hapless Otamendi but was denied by Emerson. Even if that had gone it wouldn’t have made any difference as the lack of effort from his team-mates was appalling. No closing down, no tackling, no tracking runners, they were like rabbits in the headlights.

It’s funny though really, because in a way I’m happier that City won 8-0 than if they’d edged a close game. It’s the psychological aspect of it. They win 8-0 and they know we’ve got an incredibly tough game the next day. They’ll have been smelling themselves, feeling great, and then we went and got a scrappy 2-1 at the Bridge. That’s demoralising. It’s what we’ve got to do though. They’re chasing, they need us to slip up, so let’s just keep winning until they wilt. And if they don’t wilt, just keep winning anyway.

This is just a teaser, click to view full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic
Guest Pistonbroke

Nice Friday morning read. 

Reference Pickford. I fully agree, he is way overrated and the only reason he gets an easy time in the media is due to the fact he is Englands No 1. It was the same for Hart and various other keepers before him. What will happen is that the media will just follow the same old routine, until Pickford fucks up for England and it costs them, you watch the media then. Everything will be scrutinised and he'll be slaughtered for every major mistake. 

Mancs really are providing the laughter this season, and despite Solksjaer being way out of his depth (as many of us predicted on here) it seems like a lot of their fans, and more importantly the board are happy with him and seem determined to see their latest plan through. This plan seems to be snapping up young British talent with promise. They seem to ignore the fact they are paying way over the odds for these players and how many will actually go on to be great, especially playing in a shit team, for a shit manager and fans who will throw them under a bus before their beloved Norwegian Rice Crispie character lookalike. You also have to factor in that those who do make it might not be as loyal as the class of 1870 or whatever fucking year it was, players have their heads turned and new managers might not be so fatherly as Solksjaer. Other teams will also strengthen and United are so far behind that if they don't get it spot on they could easily be out of the frame for a another decade. I heard a stat during the Manc game, since February they along with Spurs have the worst away records in the league. As funny as that is, it is all the sweeter because imo they both have a set of players and managers who have fuck all bottle to deal with it. 

It's great that we are so far ahead of these other teams, I just wish city would fuck off and that the powers that be grow some bollocks in reference to City's dodgy affairs. I've also never liked Gaurdiola, he's a horrible cunt imo. You see glimpses of it when someone has the audacity to give them a game, especially following their departure from the CL due to ourselves then Spurs. If we can somehow increase our lead over them and God forbid they pick up a few more injuries, we'll see the real Pep as his true nature unfolds.  

Anyone who is in the England first 11 is almost automatically overrated. So for Pickford, see also Harry Maguire.

The only exception to that rule is when a player is black, in which case the tabloid media will hound them for everything from booking a flight to buying a pair of trainers.

Going back to the Arsenal game - for me it's a Villa penalty.  It's a goal bound shot which Sokratis makes no attempt to get his arm out of the way of, despite it travelling 8 metres to hit him.

The winning goal was dubious as well as Arsenal had 1 or 2 (1.5?) in the wall at the freekick and that was a rule change this season.

On 27/09/2019 at 14:01, Rushies tash said:

Sorry Dave, but I'm calling biff now. There's no way Everton get anything out of the game tomorrow other than a complete bumming.

They gave it a good go until that fucking shite keeper did them in by letting that free-kick go in. Fucking useless him.

• dave u unpinned this topic