You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheff Utd (A) 28/9/19 - Premier League

Bjornebye

Not getting this "we were shit", "we were rubbish", "we didn't deserve anything", "we should have lost".  Apart from the front three we played well, Sheffield United played really well - reminded me a lot of us under Houllier in the first three seasons.

Don't sniff at this result.  This is a result that teams that win leagues get.  How many times in the 90s and 00s when we saw Utd or Chelsea games and say they were shit and they ended up winning?

31 more games to go.

• Upvote 6

To be honest we’re doing okay, but Manchester City’s modest, entirely normal in historical terms and patched together on a shoe-string completely above board squad has a bit more depth in it than ours, so on reflection everything is shit and I’m going to be a fucking cry-arse bellend about it.

• Upvote 1

Not a told you so moment, but before the game I said to the lads it will be  a 1-0 game and it will be like playing Burnley, well fuck me, I told them so.

If you have games like this, that teams are drilled to use set pieces as a key piece of the game(which it is) and then train and battle like fuck for the second ball, and we are not basically not willing to win these fights. before we have the will or the want, to play out game, the we have a very long, and treacherous season, ahead of us.

We will have this game, or game like it, again over the season and we absolutely have to earn the right to play, today, we never,  we fluked it today, they deserved at least a point from that. 

Don’t think much of the way the Sheff Utd manager has been talking about his goalkeeper. He was asked how the goalie was feeling ‘I don’t care’ he said, really?? He really thinks he’s the tough Yorkshire man doesn’t he? What a prick!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, suzy said:

Don’t think much of the way the Sheff Utd manager has been talking about his goalkeeper. He was asked how the goalie was feeling ‘I don’t care’ he said, really?? He really thinks he’s the tough Yorkshire man doesn’t he? What a prick!

Poor man's Sean Bean.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Has he taken Salah off yet??

While he's not been at his best lately he causes chaos and they know how dangerous he is and so occupies the defences and gives his teammates space. 

He and Sadio worked their combined bollocks off yesterday back defending. 

Too many posts I've wrote, too many have been stamped-on. Since I became a member of The Liverpool Say in 2008 I contributed in many amazing ways. I wrote you tips and ricks from my sources, of whom one is a agent friend of mine in Dutch league. I post movies and comment on false posts, to concretize the Truth behind the lies. Most of all - I try to discuss Football!

That's why I came on her!

I came on her to talk about everything about football, everything Liverpool.

I DID NOT come on her to be fucked at, laughed at or mocked at.

Everytime I post a post in a post thread the post gets "negged" by many. Respectfully, to you... That should not be The Liverpool Say! Agreelly, The Liverpool say is, and always is, to let everybody come on her and express their opinion all over.

So I have to quit her. I is ofcourse not happy, not glad, not joyful. I'm just sad. But that is what I do, and its a proud decission.

Goodbye
YNVA!

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Too many posts I've wrote, too many have been stamped-on. Since I became a member of The Liverpool Say in 2008 I contributed in many amazing ways. I wrote you tips and ricks from my sources, of whom one is a agent friend of mine in Dutch league. I post movies and comment on false posts, to concretize the Truth behind the lies. Most of all - I try to discuss Football!

That's why I came on her!

I came on her to talk about everything about football, everything Liverpool.

I DID NOT come on her to be fucked at, laughed at or mocked at.

Everytime I post a post in a post thread the post gets "negged" by many. Respectfully, to you... That should not be The Liverpool Say! Agreelly, The Liverpool say is, and always is, to let everybody come on her and express their opinion all over.

So I have to quit her. I is ofcourse not happy, not glad, not joyful. I'm just sad. But that is what I do, and its a proud decission.

Goodbye
YNVA!

Is this your goodbye speech? It has a touch of the Charlie about it.

We’ve been brilliant recently and become a points machine , but thought yesterday was the first time I sensed we believed our own publicity and assumed we could play it like a testimonial and Sheffield United would roll over anyway. I am sure Jurgen will have a ‘chat’ and it may turn out a positive thing going forward.