You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheff Utd (A) 28/9/19 - Premier League

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, El Rojo said:

Imagine if we win every single league game this season and City still win the league by a point. Freaks my nut out to even contemplate it. 

Image result for wtf gif

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Red Lead said:

Mainly Macca, cunt wrecked my head all game.

One of them was a mile offside and yet they still end up with an attacking position due to the incompetence of the official. He was shite on a few occasions as you said. Bit pissed off with Taylor booking Adrian yet at 0-0 SU were taking ages over every throw in and he just blew his whistle and told them to get on with it. Overall he had a decent game though, might have had a penalty given for the challenge on Mane but TBF VAR should have given that. 

I'm sure I quoted Magicrat.....I'm putting it down to the man flu.

Lemsip and dive under the covers it is. Although next game on here is Spurs v Southampton so I'll probably nod off anyway. 

9 minutes ago, karl1987 said:

Just shows how far this team has come on.  A couple of years ago we wouldn't have won this sort of game.  Even as the clock ticked away today I knew we'd get the winner eventually.  How times have changed.

We’ve been struggling to win games like these since the early nineties. Massive win in my opinion.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Absolute nonsense.   Sticking ten men behind the ball and playing the long ball all day. 

Revolutionary stuff indeed. 

Yeah, taking that awful squad to the Premier League, doing stuff like overlapping centre backs hasn't been impressive at all. I take it back. 

3 points. That'll do. Onto the next one. 

We played relatively poorly. But, Sheffield United also played quite well. Disciplined in defence but also decent going forward. 

For us, Salah was poor. Matip got bullied a bit and Adrian's kicking in the last 5 or so minutes was piss poor. It put us under a lot of unnecessary pressure. 

Saying all that, on another day we bag 3 or 4 there, with the clear cut chances and the officials making a correct call for the Mané penalty shout. 

22 minutes ago, magicrat said:

2 pf their so called great chances were offside anyway and would have been chalked . Lets feels sorry for SU for not scoring offside goals . Mental 

I think if Mane had scored when he hit the post that one would have been ruled out -- he looked offside.

Also there was no pelanty against him today -- that would have been super soft shite

He had his chance on the ball over the top and completely fluffed it

Not our problem like, and nothing particularly untoward, but I suspect Wilder may just end up taking the bluff, straight-talking Yorkshireman routine a bit far. Little potential hint of the Phil Browns about this for me. Obvious howler, but their keeper made a top save or two to keep them in it, and denied Salah when clean through.

629C7EF8-A00F-4BC5-B878-B7562DD73572.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Not our problem like, and nothing particularly untoward, but I suspect Wilder may just end up taking the bluff, straight-talking Yorkshireman routine a bit far. Little potential hint of the Phil Browns about this for me. Obvious howler, but their keeper made a top save or two to keep them in it, and denied Salah when clean through.

629C7EF8-A00F-4BC5-B878-B7562DD73572.jpeg

Any excuse to post this

20190928_151743.jpg

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Any excuse to post this

20190928_151743.jpg

I’ll never forget him talking about how he had Brian Clough’s autobiography on his bedside table, and while it wouldn’t be for him to say they’re cut from a similar cloth, they ARE both from the north east and have both managed Derby.

Can’t believe nobody has ever put him on Celebrity Big Brother or Jungle Cunt. He’d be box office. 

Just like to retract that particular remark about Wilder who seems like a decent bloke whenever I’ve seen him interviewed.

• Upvote 1