You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Stevie should follow me as manager

TLW

Jurgen Klopp has selected the man that he would like to see take over from him when he leaves the Reds. And that individual happens to be club legend Steven Gerrard.

The current Rangers manager has certainly been discussed in some quarters as a option to replace the German if or when he decides to leave the Reds.

Conversely, there is a school of thought that Gerrard needs to prove himself a fair bit more if he is to take on such a esteemed position as Liverpool manager.

But Klopp seems in little doubt over who should follow him and is keen to repay those who have helped him in the past.

image.png

The Liverpool Echo via Four Four Two reported Klopp as saying:

“Kenny and Stevie have both been a really big support from day one.

Second, my position as a manager has nothing to do with the people around me. 

“If Liverpool were to sack me tomorrow, then maybe Kenny would be the first choice to replace me, but they would probably bring Stevie down from Glasgow.

“If you ask who should follow me, I’d say Stevie. I’ll help him whenever I can.

I’m not jealous, I’m not sceptical. I’m completely open. If you want my help, you’ll get it. 

“My family often thinks that I’m too quick to open up, but I think being any other way is a waste of time. I love life, I love my job, I like most people – that’s how it is.”

Klopp is certainly a individual who looks at the role of a manager in a philosophical fashion.  

“If someone gets your job, it’s not about them, it’s about you not being good enough.

But he is also someone that puts his complete heart and soul into everything that he does.

“I’m old enough to know that I give this job everything. 

I’m not a genius, I’m not perfect, but I give the club 100 per cent. If that’s enough, great. If it’s not, then it’s just the problem of the situation.

And that is what makes him the man that he is.

One of a kind.

View full article

55 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It would feel like we are repeating a same old pattern. I love Gerrard but I'd want to know as a manager  he's the real deal first the club is way more important. Can't let respect and nostalgia for a player be the deciding factor.

The thought of klopp leaving makes me want to hang up my boots. 

Right.

So the guy who just won us the European cup 4 months ago has no idea about what constitutes a good coach?

FFS, show the fella who won us the trophy after being 4-0 down trophy some respect. And show his successor some respect.

I know you and your mates on TLW love to stick the boot into the manager to try to act the big man, but maybe try getting behind the lads for a change?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Right.

So the guy who just won us the European cup 4 months ago has no idea about what constitutes a good coach?

FFS, show the fella who won us the trophy after being 4-0 down trophy some respect. And show his successor some respect.

I know you and your mates on TLW love to stick the boot into the manager to try to act the big man, but maybe try getting behind the lads for a change?

That’s not what he is saying.

Dickhead. 

Fuck off back to lindisfarne land 

oh and Gerrard wouldn’t be in my top 10 to come in after Klopp. 

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Right.

Yeah me and my mates love it. Disrespecting all over the place!