You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MK Dons (A) Rumbelows Cup 25/9/19

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Elliot - Very good. Really wouldn't mind him coming on late in a few league games once they're already won.

Jones - See above.

Oxlade - Poor. Expecting so much more, especially with him starting in the middle.

Keita - Not much to say, really felt like a game to get minutes in his legs. Wasn't poor or great.

Lallana - Shite. Sick of seeing him now. Would rather watch a youngster in there.

Brewster - Poor. Has never looked good enough when I've watched him play, even when he scores. He's a great finisher but just isn't involved in the game at all otherwise. He's like the anti-Bobby. I think it says a lot that he hasn't been on the bench even with Origi out, this performance kind of explains why.

Agree with most of this. Also think Hoever could turn out a good player, but doesnt look ready for the first team yet. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Scrappy second half but a deserved win. I'd like to say it was comfortable but it wasn't, once MK Dons could be arsed attacking they caused our defence numerous problems. Defenders such as Lovren and Gomez with their international experience should be far more commanding. Gomez is the biggest worry because he just switches off at times, just going through the motions as if he's above it all. Reckon he has a sulk on due to the lack of first team action. 

33 year old James Milner MOTM for me. Elliott played well and was unlucky not to become our youngest scorer ever, I say unlucky, he should have scored at least one with those chances, played well though. Jones was also good although tailed off nearer to the end. Hoever scored a decent header but was a bit of a mish mash performance wise. Brewster was poor. Kelleher looked Ok and made a couple of good saves, only 20 so he can build on things as a keeper. 

Apart from Milner and maybe Lallana none of the senior players covered themselves in glory.

Into the hat for the next round. Hopefully we get Colchester/Oxford (hammering the hammers atm) Burton or Sunderland at home.

Rochdale as well, when they knock the manc scum out on pens...fingers crossed. 

Thought it was alright.  Everyone had their nervy/rusty moments.  Brewster had a much better second half.  We’ve all seen these nights go wrong a lot more often than they’ve went right.  When you compare that to previous games it was miles better.  The young lads looked very comfortable playing against men which is a good sign.  I think it’s also an easy banana skin for the senior players.  I don’t really understand the whinging about Ox either he hit the post and basically set up a goal for Jones if he had been on his toes.  Plenty of people were ready to laugh at Lovren after that early cock up but Gomez did something similar himself later in the game.  It was a very professional performance all things considered 

Only halfed watched second half as I'm at work. 

From what I saw

Kids did really well

Older players(barring Milner) average at best. Gomez and Lovren looked half arsed at times. 

Keita OK for first game back

Lallana just bang average as per normal, keeps the ball well but offers fuck all

Ox still looks well short of pre injury form.