You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MK Dons (A) Rumbelows Cup 25/9/19

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke

Even the youngsters have the Klopp philosophy stamped into them. They look comfortable wearing the shirt and even if they make a mistake they don't let it get them down. We dominated proceedings in that first half but so we should with the senior players we have and their collective experience. Jones and Elliott looked lively, Brewster not so much, but we know that lad has talent. We deserved the lead as MK Dons are just getting in the way rather than try to play football. The only problems we have had have been mainly of our own making. 

1 minute ago, Em City said:

Whisper it quietly, but Lallana has been really good in that deep lying playmaker role. 

Presumably you’re watching in an alternative timeline where he hasn’t been regularly outmuscled and has offered no cover to the defence. In the one I’m watching in he’s been poor.

• Upvote 3

Milner and possibly Gomez the only senior players to come from this with any honour. I’ve never really had anything against Lovren, but he’s been atrocious. Lallana much too pedestrian and loosing the ball too easily. The best I can say of Keita is that he has not injured himself. Ox should do - and be - better.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Tarwater said:

Milner and possibly Gomez the only senior players to come from this with any honour. I’ve never really had anything against Lovren, but he’s been atrocious. Lallana much too pedestrian and loosing the ball too easily. The best I can say of Keita is that he has not injured himself. Ox should do - and be - better.

Ox is trying too hard, Keita showing the obvious signs of rustiness. But yeah, the more disappointing performances have come from the experienced players on the whole. 

From that first half performance I’d say only Gomez, Jones and Elliott have looked like they on current form could go straight in and do a job in a PL match. In addition to Milner obviously.

Lallana I dont think ever will be good enough again, he’s simply played too little football the last three years. Keita needs to get back to full match fitness and sharpness, which will probably take a couple of months and a few games. Same applies for Ox, which is maybe more of a worry considering he’s been fit for quite a while now.