You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Sep 14-20 2019)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Sep 14:  

L 3 Newcastle 1. Who the fuck do Newcastle think they are? Coming here and scoring first. Cheeky bastards. They even made Virgil sprint a couple of times. The impudence of it! Seriously though, this was another great win for us because it wasn’t so long ago that conceding first against a team that packed the defence would usually lead to a long, frustrating afternoon. Steve Bruce has done us over loads of times like that. Now we don’t seem to have any problems with it at all.

Newcastle did better than most opponents will, but even so the 3-1 scoreline flattered them massively as we could have scored six in the second half alone. Bobby coming on transformed everything. I’m sure we’d have won anyway, but the level went up several notches as soon as he entered the game.

If we keep playing like this at home, someone is going to be hit for eight or nine goals at some stage. The football is breathtaking and when it clicks it's impossible to stop.

A good day for us that became a great one when City were beaten at Carrow Road. They're down to the bare bones defensively now and could be vulnerable. Problem is, I can see them just going all out attack now. They've got Watford and Everton next so I doubt if Ederson will even have to make a save. They might even just play him centre back and include an extra attacker.

Sunday Sep 15:

“They (the players) gave me all the prestige I have in England, when the first season when it was Fraud Guardiola, Fraudiola. This kind of game here in England, it’s not possible to play because you need to have tackles and you have to play like that.”

“These players gave me the prestige that I have. And now all around the world people say how good a manager I am - it’s for them, not for me."

He’s fucking weird him. And he’s bald. A bald fraud. Baldiola. Baldfraudiola. What an insecure little tit he is. He doesn’t react well to criticism at all does he? Any time there’s even the hint of something not going smoothly he starts talking shite. For all the success he’s had, he’s one insecure little man. 

Meanwhile, Steve Bruce was hugely complimentary of us in the build up to yesterday’s game, and he’s not showing any signs of letting up. He can’t stop talking about how boss we are. “Back when I played for United, everybody suddenly started playing one centre forward against us. Back in the day, everyone played with two, then suddenly they would put an extra midfield player in, and it’s what you have to do because you are under threat of getting a hiding.

“And a team like Liverpool, they have two full backs up the pitch, they attack at every opportunity, then you face being blown away. They can do that to you, and you have to acknowledge that. If you open up against sides like this then… the big difficulty we all have, is you have to find a way when you know a team is far better than you – and I say that with no disrespect at all to us – then you have to find a way.”

“That is Liverpool now, like City a team opponents fear to provoke. And that is the biggest progress they have made over the past 12 months.”

He’s dead right. We’ve gone from being a team that opponents thought they had a chance of frustrating and maybe turning over, to a team that virtually everyone is now terrified of (especially at Anfield). Having that fear factor is massive because it means you don’t have to be full tilt every week. When some teams are beaten before they start it just makes life a lot easier. We’ve almost got that now, and the more people like Bruce say things like this, the more it feeds the narrative.

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

Twitter. Seriously? The clue's in the name. What a load of old shit that is. Sticks and fucking stones Andy. Instead of sitting on your arse bored and getting offended by twats on Twitter, might I respectfully suggest a more valuable use of your time? You can read books on your mobile phone you know? 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic