You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thomas Cook on the verge of collapse

1892-LFCWasBorn

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Thomas Cook executives raked in more than £20 million over the last five years, despite long term fears about the operator.

Peter Fankhauser, the chief executive, took home £8.3 million since he took over in 2014, including a £2.9m bonus in 2015.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/labour-demands-thomas-cook-bosses-20148720

Fucking cunts.

WastefulGroundedLiger-size_restricted.gi

3 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

I see the hedge funds stand to make £250m out of this collapse.

2008 taught them there is gold in them there collapsing hills. Countries, economies, companies. If you can get someone to structure you an instrument to bet something will collapse, there’s cash to be made.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve spent just over two weeks working on the repatriation. Shit circumstances but the job done by everyone at the CAA in getting all the people home was miraculous. Sadly the media were only keen to promote the negative experiences a minority had. Great to see that the shops have been picked up today, I hope as many people as possible are back in employment ASAP. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Wezza said:

I’ve spent just over two weeks working on the repatriation. Shit circumstances but the job done by everyone at the CAA in getting all the people home was miraculous. Sadly the media were only keen to promote the negative experiences a minority had. Great to see that the shops have been picked up today, I hope as many people as possible are back in employment ASAP. 

My lad mentioned that there are quite a few Thomas Cook and Hayes Travel agent shops in close proximity to each other so it would seem that the TC shops wont last much longer. I mean,who'd take over a business and not cut unnecessary overheads like extra shops?

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My lad mentioned that there are quite a few Thomas Cook and Hayes Travel agent shops in close proximity to each other so it would seem that the TC shops wont last much longer. I mean,who'd take over a business and not cut unnecessary overheads like extra shops?

You are right, a degree of business sense will prevail or they will end up going the same way as TC and it will make no sense to have two offices in the same place. They must though think there is still a future for high street travel (I’m personally not convinced) but Hays at least don’t have all the added drain that TC had in terms of planes, hotels etc. I hope they prove me wrong and make a success of it.

3 minutes ago, Wezza said:

You are right, a degree of business sense will prevail or they will end up going the same way as TC and it will make no sense to have two offices in the same place. They must though think there is still a future for high street travel (I’m personally not convinced) but Hays at least don’t have all the added drain that TC had in terms of planes, hotels etc. I hope they prove me wrong and make a success of it.

Yeah,I do hope most of the staff are kept on,but I do doubt it based on how most of these things go.