You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you keep Tomato / Brown sauce in the cupboard or the fridge?

Bjornebye

Do you keep Tomato / Brown sauce in the cupboard or the fridge?   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep Tomato / Brown sauce in the cupboard or the fridge?

• The cupboard. I'm am not 'one of them'
    • Th fridge next to the body parts.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats not even relevant. Its the coldness of it and it goes all hard and weird. The consistency is well off. 

Stick it on the side of your plate while you're cooking. If you have to plaster everything with it like it's gravy, then sauce at about 40°F rather than 65°F isn't going to make much difference to food at 145°F or whatever. Certainly better than it going mouldy and making your whole meal taste like shite.

48 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Stick it on the side of your plate while you're cooking. If you have to plaster everything with it like it's gravy, then sauce at about 40°F rather than 65°F isn't going to make much difference to food at 145°F or whatever. Certainly better than it going mouldy and making your whole meal taste like shite.

Thermometer-botherer.

• 3 years later...
5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Tomato Sauce in the bin. I like to actually taste the food rather a load of gloopy sugary tomato flavouring. The Brown Sauce is pushed behind the Mustard just in case we unexpectedly run out. In the cupboard.

Doesn't brown sauce have as much sugar as ketchup? And is made with tomatoes?

Fine if you're a weirdo who doesn't like ketchup, but don't pretend that your HP is anything other than extra fruity vinegary ketchup.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Fine if you're a weirdo who doesn't like ketchup, but don't pretend that your HP is anything other than extra fruity vinegary ketchup.

Don't tell them about salad cream.

28 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Like I said 'Brown Sauce only in an Emergency.' Mustard almost always. Tomato sauce is just shite.

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

In the cupboard. There is still Mustard gas from WW1 that is  active so no chance of it going off any time soon.

Good man. I keep my mustard in your cupboard as well. 

What?