You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rugby Union World Cup - Japan - 2019

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Bjornebye said:

Oh piss off. Neither is scando. Ive got loads of South African mates (I actually do) I'm made up for them. 

Come on mate, you claimed there was casual racism in the thread then said you were joking about it, I'm just saying it is something not to joke about. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Come on mate, you claimed there was casual racism in the thread then said you were joking about it, I'm just saying it is something not to joke about. 

Mate fuck off. I was taking the piss out of the scando shouts last week. 

Swing low is racist though. You singing it? 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, General Dryness said:

England knackered after having to play the game of their careers to beat the ABs.

So if NZ had sneaked the semi do you think they would have beaten SA, or would they have played the game of their careers to beat England? England beat NZ because they were better on the day. Much the same as the Saffas being better today, despite having a day less to recover/prepare. 

South Africa cruised through their semi last week saving it all for the final. Clinical, powerful, and England really not recovering from the AB game, probably needed another week to recuperate.

Spring Boks level with New Zealand. 3 apiece.

That was an England performance of the sort you get when they face a Six Nations winner-takes-all contest against the Irish in Dublin. So many errors by so many players. Take nothing away from the Saffers. They had a game plan, they stuck to it, and to a man they stepped up to be counted. Not bad for a side with a scrum half who looks like Herr Lipp in a blonde wig.

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

So if NZ had sneaked the semi do you think they would have beaten SA, or would they have played the game of their careers to beat England? England beat NZ because they were better on the day. Much the same as the Saffas being better today, despite having a day less to recover/prepare. 

Yes, they were better on the day because they played out of their skins. 

You're not going to change my mind on this mate. I reckon we'd have fucked the saffers tonight if we'd got past yous last week. It's all what if anyway so we can leave it there if you like.

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Anyway, I blame Alan Shearer. He came on and was shit, and his shitness spread through the team.

Billy and Youngs were spraying hospital passes even before that. Ford anonymous. SA kept it away from the wings and the centres didn't get involved enough. Needed Nowell fit if we were going to have any chance of turning it around.

Pah. SA got it spot on tactically and matched the discipline we showed in the semi.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Yes, they were better on the day because they played out of their skins. 

You're not going to change my mind on this mate. I reckon we'd have fucked the saffers tonight if we'd got past yous last week. It's all what if anyway so we can leave it there if you like.

All about opinions, so no point in going on about it, we'll never know mate. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, General Dryness said:

Yeah like I said it's all what ifs.

Roll on France 23.

Yeah, plus a lot of games between with tri nations, 6 nations etc. It'll be interesting to see how Japan fair after this tournament. 

At least with England losing we'll be spared the Media shit fest which would have followed. Being English I like them to do well in all sports, hate the media in how they approach their build up or the aftermath after we win stuff. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, plus a lot of games between with tri nations, 6 nations etc. It'll be interesting to see how Japan fair after this tournament. 

At least with England losing we'll be spared the Media shit fest which would have followed. Being English I like them to do well in all sports, hate the media in how they approach their build up or the aftermath after we win stuff. 

Boris Johnson can't use it in his land of hope and glory speeches he will be spouting over the next 6 weeks 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah that's why everyone else hates England winning things, they never shut up about it afterwards.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Bjornebye said:

Boris Johnson can't use it in his land of hope and glory speeches he will be spouting over the next 6 weeks 

He'll find something else to spout, of that we can be sure.

Just now, General Dryness said:

Yeah that's why everyone else hates England winning things, they never shut up about it afterwards.

Not only the media but a lot of biffs who jump on any bandwagon regardless of the sport and the fact they rarely follow it. Plenty of normal folk though, like any country in the World, you just don't get to witness their reactions. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

He'll find something else to spout, of that we can be sure.

Not only the media but a lot of biffs who jump on any bandwagon regardless of the sport and the fact they rarely follow it. Plenty of normal folk though, like any country in the World, you just don't get to witness their reactions. 

Aye the biffs and bandwagon jumpers were horrendous after the win in 2003.