You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rugby Union World Cup - Japan - 2019

Bjornebye

35 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I wasn't, it was in reply to your response to Anubis. Plus it is a fact. The nonsense was in your reply to Anubis. Your opinion, which is fair enough, but to say the two things can't be compared is daft.  

As far as coaches not being from the country where the team they coach goes, well, that is all down to opinions if you like it or not. Fact is, they can take those jobs as it doesn't break any rules. Personally I'm all for it, I mean we are both Immigrants (I'm assuming you are a Brit down under, or at least that is the impression I get) /moved to a different country like many others have. We'd be rightly pissed if some national from our adopted country said something similar about German/Aussie/NZ etc jobs for nationals and not people who were born elsewhere. As I said in my earlier post. If you want a Brave New World you have to expect/accept such things. Otherwise, where do you draw the line before discriminating. Why should a perspective coach of a National sporting team face different rules to that of a Banker/Engineer/Civil Servant/Labourer etc. 

Because it's a fucking International Competition!  Why can't players from different countries play for whichever country they want?   They can't because it's a fucking international competition!  So it should be the same for coaches.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

The bollocks about the Haka thing is a joke and to be fair I believe the Kiwis themselves are quite happy for it to be challenged & feel fining etc. makes them look a bit precious.

It is bollocks, kiwis love it when the haka gets challenged and still talk in fond terms of the occasions when its happened. It adds to the theatre of the whole thing.

Haka isn't just a challenge, it's an expression of pride, an acknowledgment to ancestors, a way to psyche oneself up,  or a welcome to visitors. Hakas are performed at funerals as a tribute to the deceased.

It's a bit overused and some cunts will drop a haka at the opening of an envelope. I'm all for giving it a bit of a rest but it shouldn't be dropped completely.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
7 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Because it's a fucking International Competition!  Why can't players from different countries play for whichever country they want?   They can't because it's a fucking international competition!  So it should be the same for coaches.   

Come on mate, we're not on about players but coaches/managers, who are allowed to. 

9 hours ago, General Dryness said:

It is bollocks, kiwis love it when the haka gets challenged and still talk in fond terms of the occasions when its happened. It adds to the theatre of the whole thing.

Haka isn't just a challenge, it's an expression of pride, an acknowledgment to ancestors, a way to psyche oneself up,  or a welcome to visitors. Hakas are performed at funerals as a tribute to the deceased.

It's a bit overused and some cunts will drop a haka at the opening of an envelope. I'm all for giving it a bit of a rest but it shouldn't be dropped completely.

It really is great to watch. My favourite was before the France game (below). Proper gave me goosebumps seeing it. I don't get all the bollocks calling England disrespectful for putting their own response to it on. Completely added to the drama and despite not really liking England, it looked great. Farrell had some bollocks smiling and winking at them though. 

• Upvote 1

On 27/10/2019 at 21:58, Jose Jones said:

Er no, because Liverpool FC is not a country competing against other countries in international competition.  

The players and coach should all be from the country they are representing I reckon.  

I don’t see anything wrong with my comparison, but let’s extend it to purely international level then. What you’re suggesting doesn’t happen in any other sport. Coaches/managers of different nationality often take charge of international teams or sports or even sporting individuals in the case of athletics. If you want your footballers or athletes to improve you look to the best, not just in your country. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Easy win for NZ to land third spot. To be fair to Wales they had key injuries and the day less to recover and plan, It'll be interesting to see if the same things affect the Saffas. 

7 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Easy win for NZ to land third spot. To be fair to Wales they had key injuries and the day less to recover and plan, It'll be interesting to see if the same things affect the Saffas. 

3rd & 4th place games are always a bit weird & today's was always one game too far for Wales.

Only time I ever heard my dad swear was the 3rd and 4th place play-off in the 1994 Footy World Cup when he had about a grand riding on a Bulgaria win & they were 4-0 down at half-time & it subsequently turned out they had been on the piss since they lost their semi-final.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Poor half by England, far too many errors, especially in the passing. Saffas just looking to be physical, especially in the scrums in England territory and getting the pens. Saffas playing on the edge of what is legal at times but the ref seems to be letting things go at times.